The Falkirk FC Thread

In the league this season we've:

Scored the most goals - 45
Conceded the least goals - 11
Had the most shots - 302
Conceded the most fouls - 225

And we're the only team in the league not to recieve a red card despite being 3rd in the league for yellow cards. 

Thought McGinn's bit about prioritising points over the unbeaten record was bang on. It would be nice to go a season without losing but we need to keep playing with freedom and the fear of losing could dent our attacking play. Just aim to win every game and see where we are come May.

Excellent piece, hopefully adds a few more on to the crowd tonight.

I'd put a lot of those yellows down to totally incompetent refereeing tbf.

I think at the Kelty game recently Falkirk had 6 bookings and 5 of them were for absolutely f**k all.

Even at the Queens game on Saturday I think Donaldson caught McKay on the halfway line with nothing more than a slightly mistimed and clumsy challenge. He then proceeded to roll around in apparent agony - until the yellow card was flashed, making a miraculous recovery seconds later with no physio treatment required. He also tried to get Nesbitt booked with similar antics. Sadly the refs at this level are all too easily fooled. 

A lot of these yellow cards have been delivered farcically early in games as well, so as mentioned above the likes of Donaldson, Lang and Henderson have often successfully negotiated 70 minutes+ on a booking, so fair play to them for that. We've also often been a few goals up allowing said booked player to be subbed early or simply cruise through the remaining minutes 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

23 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

With Hamilton looking to further strengthen this month I’m hoping we get the points on board to create a lead that no matter who they sign it won’t matter! 

It’s in our own hands irrespective of what Hamilton do.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Excellent piece!

Hope this doesn’t start the buses full of tourists and half n half scarfs getting sold outside the stadium, everyone will want a piece of the box office Bairns.

Getting a few red dots for my previous post. Know comments are mostly in jest but been in a similar position of getting abuse when filming football fans. It’s not a great experience so don’t like to hear of it happening with us. The guys are just doing their job. One lives in the area and takes his kids to some matches.

t’s great for the club to get a bit of media exposure so if you have any issues with the relevant broadcasters then they’re not the ones to take aim at. 

3 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Getting a few red dots for my previous post. Know comments are mostly in jest but been in a similar position of getting abuse when filming football fans. It’s not a great experience so don’t like to hear of it happening with us. The guys are just doing their job. One lives in the area and takes his kids to some matches.

t’s great for the club to get a bit of media exposure so if you have any issues with the relevant broadcasters then they’re not the ones to take aim at. 

Its just a joke mate. Doubt they care.

29 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

I didn't even hear this on the video - what part did it happen at?

6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

In the league this season we've:

Scored the most goals - 45
Conceded the least goals - 11
Had the most shots - 302
Conceded the most fouls - 225

And we're the only team in the league not to recieve a red card despite being 3rd in the league for yellow cards. 

But what about the corners

6 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

Great piece and great exposure for the club. Just wish it wasn’t spoiled by some fans telling the camera guys where to stick their cameras! 

Not sure about the camera thing, but they definitely have the face for radio

Edited by grumpyoldman

11 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I suspect that our John will have boys right up for it tonight as it’s common knowledge PH left an acidic taste in many mouths at the club during his inglorious stint as our Head coach. 🙌

100%. We have beaten them once in 8 games since they joined the SPFL. Let’s put them in their place. 

10 hours ago, lanky_ffc said:

Thought McGinn's bit about prioritising points over the unbeaten record was bang on. It would be nice to go a season without losing but we need to keep playing with freedom and the fear of losing could dent our attacking play. Just aim to win every game and see where we are come May.

If the league is won early it's almost impossible to keep an unbeaten record anyway. 

You used to see it with Celtic when they were cantering to the Premier. Post split the players often had one eye on the beach. 

Being unbeaten until the league is mathematically over is more possible. Quite fancy us to do that.