The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You sure ? I was certain it was Brechin we signed him from then he left us for Hamilton ?

Jim Kerr
Personal information
Full name James Kerr
Date of birth 17 January 1959 (age 64)
Place of birth Hamilton, Scotland
Position(s) Midfielder
Youth career
  Cathkin United
  Stonehouse Violet
Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1979–1981 Dundee United 2 (0)
1981–1982 Airdrieonians 8 (0)
1982–1984 Raith Rovers 71 (22)
1984–1986 Brechin City 66 (5)
1986–1987 Falkirk 43 (2)
1987–1988 Hamilton Academical 33 (0)
1988–1990 Partick Thistle 61 (3)
1990–1994 Stirling Albion 108 (2)
1994–1995 Albion Rovers 12 (1)
1995–1997 Arbroath 18 (0)
Total   422 (35)
*Club domestic league appearances and goals

I think we could do with, in this order,

• An experienced keeper
  • CB/RB cover (McGlynn doesn't rate Bisland)
  • A backup striker

I think that the league will come down to fine margins and while both keepers are fine, both look like they have a mistake in them and we could do with that extra certainty at the back. both Mackie and  Henderson are left footed so a right footed backup CB who is happy at RB too would be ideal. The additional striker would be nice but not essential. 

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You sure ? I was certain it was Brechin we signed him from then he left us for Hamilton ?

Seldom right, wrong again. 

My apologies, you are correct - Brechin. 
I do recall in his first match for us at Brockville, as the players were lining up for the second half, Jim shouted to a few of us on the terraces in front of the stand “what’s the Hamilton score?”……….strange but true.

Thoughts on Ola then? His time with the Bairns is clearly over. His contract will end in the summer and you'll be looking for a higher calibre of player when in the Championship next season.

For me, he should be a positive signing. Clearly got enough ability to stand out against other L1 teams just found it tough breaking into a strong Falkirk midfield.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

With no reserve team to speak of, that’s the 3 obvious fringe players now out on loan for the rest of the season. I think we all wish Brad, Jordan & Ola well and it’s testimony to the consistent level of performance by the incumbent first team players that on-field opportunities for the trio have been limited.

So, just Dylan Tait in at present but we all reckon that there will be one, possibly two additions before end of January. 

Cover at central defence for me would be top of the list but a difficult one as we don’t need an automatic starter in the back 4 at present.

Edited by HonestAl

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thoughts on Ola then? His time with the Bairns is clearly over...

Hopefully not. 

Definitely a player in there and sad to see him go as he's different to what we have but not consistent enough to start every week.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Hopefully not. 

Definitely a player in there and sad to see him go as he's different to what we have but not consistent enough to start every week.

Lawal is nowhere near our starting 11 and struggles to make the bench after 2 years. Don't think we'll be seeing him play for us again.

He can be a tidy player but he's inconsistent and nowhere near physical enough.

10 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Thoughts on Ola then? His time with the Bairns is clearly over. His contract will end in the summer and you'll be looking for a higher calibre of player when in the Championship next season.

For me, he should be a positive signing. Clearly got enough ability to stand out against other L1 teams just found it tough breaking into a strong Falkirk midfield.

Decent player with a good level of skill,however he is not a strong player and a stiff breeze would blow him over.

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He has a lot of raw talent in terms of skill, but he is just too weak on the ball, has a terrible first touch and doesn't have a great eye for a pass. If he can go on a run himself though he can dodge a few players really well. If he strengthens up and gets more experience I reckon he will make a good player, just now though no way he makes it into our midfield.

24 minutes ago, MulsonFFC said:

Ola to Cove on loan

image.png.f58c22b1a38ac6d1c6aacdea0b63dae0.png

I would have loved to have seen him kick on for us but it just hasn't happened. I hope the laddie does enough up there to earn himself a contract for next season and beyond.

All the best Ola.

Don’t mind Lawal at all but makes sense for him to move on as he would be struggling to make out bench never mind the starting 11.

We are well covered in his position (there’s an argument for me that Lawal is a better option than Oliver at No. 10 but that’s academic). I’d be looking at a centre half and experienced goalkeeper if possible, with McGinn leaving the club.

The keeper position is fine, Long won't be playing in those conditions again, and as we move out of winter we need a keeper who can play with his feet well to keep the movement quick which he does.

I'd be spending any money we have on a number 9 if possible.

As covered, great move for the guy. Looked like we’d found someone special early doors, but far too easily shuffled from outplay. With Millers arrival and the form across the centre, he was never getting a start. Tait’s arrival made him fourth / fifth choice. Wishing the guy all the best. Hoping McGlynn can pull another rabbit in terms of a CF or CB