The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Higgenarse said:

Thats out of order. This is a site for information and friendly debate

A wee bit additional context - @Rennieballdownvotes every single post I make, for some bizarre reason, absolutely no idea why, and then has the cheek to play the victim card when I go hilariously OTT and downvote him into oblivion 🤣. He also downvotes everything @Higgenarseposts too and Rennie rarely, if ever, contributes anything of value.

I’ll be getting up at stupid o’clock to watch our game against TNS for sure, especially when it isn’t a school day tomorrow, but if I am being honest a little bit of me thinks that the most important game for us today is Hamilton’s down at Palmerston. If they fail to win they will be at best 10 points behind us having played the same number of games. Then, I might just allow myself to think that perhaps this is our season for promotion after all. Still 14 cup ties to play, I know, but clawing back a 10 points deficit would be a massive task for Hamilton if we both play at our best between now and the end of the season.

‘Mon the Queens.

10 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yeah - they’ve played well so far. Some of the previous comments suggesting we’d tank them and only have to turn up to beat them appear very complacent.

If we get through to the final I think it’d be a very close game.

Falkirk fans in getting ahead of themselves shock. 

10 hours ago, Blame Me said:

I must be the only one who thinks both Airdrie and Raith have been honking in this game! 🙄

If that's top of the Championship teams then god help them if they went up.

😂😂😂😂 mate league 1 this year is absolutely fucking terrible. No surprise you boys are finally looking like you are going up with your budget. 

10 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Only downside if we were to win tomorrow is having to deal with those Union flag waving, fascist weirdos on here in the lead up to the final.

You have missed us really xx

8 hours ago, AndrewFFC said:

We have lost 2 games since the playoffs. Completely different team from the one you faced in May.

As above. League 1 is fucking shite. However, as with any final, it would be a close game. Need to beat the leek eaters first though

10 hours ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Anyone else noticed the poor quality of the clubs website/social media posts recently - 4 mistakes in the last week alone. May seem petty to pick up on this but this has been going on for months now and suggests a lack of pride/effort in the media teams work.IMG_2131.thumb.jpeg.018043474aa8390a3be409666e0a098f.jpegIMG_2133.thumb.jpeg.1108463fd0c541c2651bb0353a43c473.jpegIMG_2132.thumb.jpeg.aaeae28cfeb1d53e28f19c9a4af4b58e.jpegIMG_2134.thumb.jpeg.a024a8847b840691770343788e0f0cb8.jpeg

Not noticed it due to not really caring tbh x

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

mate league 1 this year is absolutely fucking terrible. No surprise you boys are finally looking like you are going up with your budget.

Triggered much 🤣

Pointing out it was a terrible game of football overall and you've taken that as Falkirk would walk the Championship.

I don't think budget would've mattered last night -  if you have two sets of footballers who can't make 2-yard passes or consistently threaten in either box then as a spectacle you may as well organise a running club.

7 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Triggered much 🤣

Pointing out it was a terrible game of football overall and you've taken that as Falkirk would walk the Championship.

I don't think budget would've mattered last night -  if you have two sets of footballers who can't make 2-yard passes or consistently threaten in either box then as a spectacle you may as well organise a running club.

😂😂 did you actually watch the game? 

44 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Not noticed it due to not really caring tbh x

Apologies @Senor Bairn as I won't quote all the dismissive replies and yours was brief.

It seems removing the resources we put into it seems to be the answer 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know the poster but others seem to and clearly hint at an agenda.

It seems you could criticise the boardroom once and I know we definitely criticise what happens in the dressing room and pitch but in-between seems to be off limits.

The poster has presented examples and as trivial as they are it's factual and instead we deride them. 

I'd rather the substance of the gripe was addressed rather than the motive.

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

😂😂 did you actually watch the game? 

Yes. You scored inside the 1st 10 mins and I can't remember any of the sides doing much after that.

I watched both sides continually turn over possession through misplaced passes or the ball going out of play. 

Todorovs only sniff of goal after scoring was impeding Dabrowski. 

Raith did even less. 

Next question?

If you're putting out content to however many thousands of people, then take a couple of extra seconds to check what you've written, surely.

That's while freely admitting that in the grand scheme of things, those errors are utterly meaningless and not worth getting in a fankle over.

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Yes. You scored inside the 1st 10 mins and I can't remember any of the sides doing much after that.

I watched both sides continually turn over possession through misplaced passes or the ball going out of play. 

Todorovs only sniff of goal after scoring was impeding Dabrowski. 

Raith did even less. 

Next question?

Absolutely clueless. Good luck today. 

As @Blame Mesaid, Airdrie scored early and then we could all have turned off at that exact moment as literally nothing happened thereafter. Zero. No good chances, refereeing blunders, terrible tackles, great football, nowt.

Rovers are laughably bad at the moment and all Airdrie had to do was sit back and look for the odd counter attack. This they did easily. They will be an extremely difficult proposition in the final for whoever gets there, and I wouldn't fancy conceding first against them and having to mount a comeback.

Just now, Blame Me said:

Talk me through all of Airdries chances after the goal. 

I'll wait ...

Airdrie shoukd have another 2-3 goals. Lewis McGregor missed a couple of sitters either through the keeper saving or making the wrong pass.

We were pretty comfortable against one of the best teams in the lower leagues. I would suggest airdrie actually tried to play some good football. Felt raith resorted to long balls a bit more. 

24 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Apologies @Senor Bairn as I won't quote all the dismissive replies and yours was brief.

It seems removing the resources we put into it seems to be the answer 🤷‍♂️.

I don't know the poster but others seem to and clearly hint at an agenda.

It seems you could criticise the boardroom once and I know we definitely criticise what happens in the dressing room and pitch but in-between seems to be off limits.

The poster has presented examples and as trivial as they are it's factual and instead we deride them. 

I'd rather the substance of the gripe was addressed rather than the motive.

I agree with him the media needs to improve. But when every post this guy/woman makes is of a critical nature it is clear there is some sort of gripe. 

7 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

A wee bit additional context - @Rennieballdownvotes every single post I make, for some bizarre reason, absolutely no idea why, and then has the cheek to play the victim card when I go hilariously OTT and downvote him into oblivion 🤣. He also downvotes everything @Higgenarseposts too and Rennie rarely, if ever, contributes anything of value.

I have had this for years! At one time it was both of them ,if indeed they are different people, and have no clue why. Now i just let Rennieball waste his time as obviously he/she / they/ them get some pleasure from it. Bless them