The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Looking forward to a dull as dishwater final between you pair 🥱

Put money on either team to win it 1-0 and you've got a 50/50 chance of not losing your stake. 

Not the result we wanted but at least I was mildly entertained.

Irked that we presented them with a chance under little pressure.

Haha fucking hell. After all your shite earlier. Idiot 

1 minute ago, BPM said:

I didn’t think they were anything special. I thought we were poor. 

We were poor but they managed the game very well.

They weren’t special as you say but they deserved to win and their manager had them much better set up than ours did.

League is the priority but this is a disappointment.

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Football manager 🤣

Isn’t 100% accurate but is well researched and something more than hearsay. Don’t think the Falkirk budget is far from our actual wage budget anyway. Couldn’t tell of TNS but I’d be really surprised if they had that much more of a budget than us. 

Edited by Dave Mc

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Their turnover is about 2 million quid. I reckon that's a few hundred grand more than ours 

Sure we’re aiming for a turnover of over £2m this season. 

Just now, Dave Mc said:

Isn’t 100% accurate but is well researched but something more than hearsay. Don’t think the Falkirk budget is far from our actual wage budget anyway. Couldn’t tell of TNS but I’d be really surprised if they had that much more of a budget than us. 

It isn’t 100% accurate is a bit of an understatement. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their turnover is about 2 million quid. I reckon that's a few hundred grand more than ours 

We turned over £2.3m last season and will probably be more this. 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

It isn’t 100% accurate is a bit of an understatement. 

True but is that worse than just saying they have a lower budget than us?

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

They didn't need to be they just eliminated our threats. That's what made them think better team. 

I am not saying they didn’t deserve to win but we had players way off it tonight. Nesbitt, Donaldson and Morrison first half were the only ones who got anywhere near the form they have shown this season. Some of that maybe down to them stopping us I grant you that but we just didn’t turn up after the first 20 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, BPM said:

We turned over £2.3m last season and will probably be more this. 

Well they are certainly paying McManus a lot more than he was getting up here or he wouldn't have dragged his family all the way down there to play in front of 300 folk every week. 

I didn't think they were world beaters but they were a lot better organised and managed the basics a lot better than the likes of Dundee united when we played them.

Edited by Shodwall cat

Just now, Dave Mc said:

True but is that worse than just saying they have a lower budget than us?

No, but I never said that. FM is far from well researched. They get fans of their own teams to rate their players and guess their budget. To use it in any way as a barometer of anything factual is just nonsensical. 

The fact McGlynn didn’t have a clue how to change that at all is the biggest concern for me, rather than if we won or lost, Diddy Cup or not.

*If* we are to go up, we’d face many more games like this. With McGlynn when it works it’s absolutely fantastic, but if not, you’re in trouble. Other managers change shape throughout games when it’s evident it’s not working; he stood there seeing it wasn’t working, waited until 70 mins to make the subs and kept the same shape. It might not cost us this season but is a concern going forward imo.