The get fit, stay fit thread

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Some excellent, practical and not at all bullshit lifestyle and fitness tips in this article

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/from-hyperbaric-oxygen-chambers-to-humanchargers-welcome-to-the-wellness-revolution-58x55g580

They must be deliberately taking the piss. The funniest bit is the second guy, does all that shit for his own well-being and the environment but will happily call an Uber even though they are zero-hour contractors who don't give a shit about employment rights or client safety, and his only problem with them is that they have electric cars.

On 1/9/2019 at 23:27, die hard doonhamer said:

I need to get myself back in to some sort of fitness regime. Currently sitting at around 82kg in weight, want to get that down to under 70, ideally. Will start with getting back in to the running, while my diet also needs massive improvement.

Was about 75kg when I was running regularly, usually 10-15km 3 times a week. Had to give it up due to a persistent pain in my hip. Floated about between 82-85kg ever since. Really need to try and get back to running more often.

I only really get DOMS the first couple of times I'm lifting if I've had a break for more than a couple of weeks. I haven't had them for a while now.

That said, I usually just train through them, the increased blood flow to the muscle helps get rid of them.

Started eating healthier and going to the gym most mornings since the 1st. Have lost 8lbs so far, finding the MyFitnessApp really helpful at monitoring my calorie intake. Have cut down on portion size which has been the hardest thing thus far. 

Currently at 16stone 9, and looking to get to 13.5 by August.

Started eating healthier and going to the gym most mornings since the 1st. Have lost 8lbs so far, finding the MyFitnessApp really helpful at monitoring my calorie intake. Have cut down on portion size which has been the hardest thing thus far. 

Congrats on the positive start and good luck

All the best, that’ll be some achievement if you get there.

Keep at it. I'm slightly heavier at the moment but my weight loss goals are roughly the same. Somewhere between 17-17 1/2 stone right now, aiming to get down to 14 stone 4 by the latter part of the year.

4 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

Tried taking bcaa with workouts and feeling like I have more energy. People say it's bs but it was free so tried it.

You can have mine. Between all the supplements I was taking - bcaa's, creatine, glutamine, protein and fat burners - it took me a while to realise that it was the bcaa's that were making me an angry bassa for no reason. 

I just take the protein and creatine now. 

Hi guys been lurking on this thread for a while and I’ve been going to the Gym since the end of October and I’m feeling a lot better for it although my belly is hanging around pretty stubbornly but my tits are reducing. I try and do 3km on the treadmill and then 5-8km on the bike and some general weight stuff but I feel like I’m hitting a limit, I feel utterly feck on the treadmill but want to push on distance wise, anyone had similar experiances, is it just a case of increasing the speed? 

Should add that I’m eating a lot better having a Salad everyday and really cutting back in Carbs and Drink however feel a lot more tired again any advice? 

Cheers.

A.   

Hi guys been lurking on this thread for a while and I’ve been going to the Gym since the end of October and I’m feeling a lot better for it although my belly is hanging around pretty stubbornly but my tits are reducing. I try and do 3km on the treadmill and then 5-8km on the bike and some general weight stuff but I feel like I’m hitting a limit, I feel utterly feck on the treadmill but want to push on distance wise, anyone had similar experiances, is it just a case of increasing the speed? 
Should add that I’m eating a lot better having a Salad everyday and really cutting back in Carbs and Drink however feel a lot more tired again any advice? 

Cheers.
A.   

I’m no expert by any means but before a few months ago I did f**k all running.

I was going to the gym regularly and just doing HIIT and boxing and other stuff like that, maybe a bit of cycling. Was only after about 5/6 weeks I decided to mix it up and go for a run.

I couldn’t believe how easy I found it and that was just based on healthy diet and working out regularly that really improved my cardio.

Also I hate running on treadmills, I can run for miles outdoors but a treadmill I get off after about 2k, too boring. If it’s running you want to do I’d suggest getting out on the road or a park or whatever.

As I say, no expert and that was just my experience but may be worth a try.

1 hour ago, Adam101 said:

Cheers.

A.   

Get the treadmill to f**k mate. Go for a run outdoors, you’ll find that you can go a lot further due to (a) not being bored as f**k, and (b) not being near home when you start to tire.

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m no expert by any means but before a few months ago I did f**k all running.

I was going to the gym regularly and just doing HIIT and boxing and other stuff like that, maybe a bit of cycling. Was only after about 5/6 weeks I decided to mix it up and go for a run.

I couldn’t believe how easy I found it and that was just based on healthy diet and working out regularly that really improved my cardio.

Also I hate running on treadmills, I can run for miles outdoors but a treadmill I get off after about 2k, too boring. If it’s running you want to do I’d suggest getting out on the road or a park or whatever.

As I say, no expert and that was just my experience but may be worth a try.

13 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Get the treadmill to f**k mate. Go for a run outdoors, you’ll find that you can go a lot further due to (a) not being bored as f**k, and (b) not being near home when you start to tire.

Cheers guys I used to enjoy going for a run on the beach in the summer so might take my head torch and head down there and do a lap of Aberdour

Cheers.
A.   

Get back on the carbs mate. Will help your energy levels.

15 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Get back on the carbs mate. Will help your energy levels.

would wholemeal Pasta be better than its normal equivalent or does it not make much real difference?

would wholemeal Pasta be better than its normal equivalent or does it not make much real difference?

Generally doesnt make much difference if you are controlling your portion size and its part of a calorie deficit. That being said, wholemeal pasta is more nutritious. No point forcing yourself to eat wholemeat pasta if you really dont like it