The get fit, stay fit thread

If anyone wants to lose weight the key is dairy foods - bin them completely. As Humans we're not supposed to be drinking the milk of another animal. In fact, we're probably the only animal on the planet who drinks milk after we have moved onto solid foods.

That's shite for a start. I once saw an elephant have a milkshake. It used its trunk as a straw.

Edited by yoda

Yeah, nature intended you to get your calcium from supplements, dammit! Bunch of idiots. Fancy thinking you need dairy. :rolleyes:

:lol:

You think you need supliments to get enough calcium without drinking cows milk? Before we invented pasturisation did Humans just latch on to a cows udder for a sup?

Without sufficient Vitamin D the calcium in your cows milk is useless. Try kidney beans, soya beans, petit pois, broccoli, cabbage, celery and parsnips etc etc.

Edited by Broon_100

:lol:

You think you need supliments to get enough calcium without drinking cows milk? Before we invented pasturisation did Humans just latch on to a cows udder for a sup?

Of course not. Yoghurt and cheese are pretty useful as well.

When pasturisation was invented, do you think Louis went "At last! Now I can drink whatever comes out of that cow's tit without dying!"?

Of course not. Yoghurt and cheese are pretty useful as well.

When pasturisation was invented, do you think Louis went "At last! Now I can drink whatever comes out of that cow's tit without dying!"?

You being serious here? You do know where Yoghurt and Cheese come from?

Hoping I'm being whooshed here.....

think i'll start walking a couple of miles briskly and drink water rather than fizzy drinks, eat breakfast, lunch, dinner with nothing in between. i have a gym membership but i smoke now and the legs tell me aye but the chest tells me no.

If anyone wants to lose weight the key is dairy foods - bin them completely. As Humans we're not supposed to be drinking the milk of another animal. In fact, we're probably the only animal on the planet who drinks milk after we have moved onto solid foods.

I'm 5 ft 9" and was 11st 10lbs when I quit dairy foods and I'm now 11st 2 in just over 4 months - without changing the amount of exercise I do. I quit because dairy disagreed with me - not because I wanted to lose weight. I was actually happy with my weight.

It's not an easy thing to give up but it forces you to improve your diet. For example, you can no longer eat:

Milk in cereal, tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.

Chocolate.

Ice Cream.

Cheese.

Cakes.

Most crisps apart from more natural ones like Kettle etc.

Yoghurt.

Anything with cream e.g. Kormas etc.

This leaves you pretty much eating fruit/veg/meat/pasta/rice. You can still have treats but they are sugar based e.g. most non chocolate sweets.

You will be amazed what percentage of food that contains dairy is terrible for you.

Excellent post (for the wrong reasons)

So thats us cutting out dairy products and carbs? What can we get next? Fruit and veg? surely there must be something with that and if i cut it out then ill suddenly develop the most outstanding six pack??

Edited by Aufc

If you didn't get the point I was making, then yes, you certainly have been. :blink:

Your initial point ignorantly suggested you need milk for calcium which is incorrect. After that, some guy called Louis confidently sucked milk from the udder of a cow safe in the knowledge he was not going to die. After that, I'm lost.

Your initial point ignorantly suggested you need milk for calcium which is incorrect. After that, some guy called Louis confidently sucked milk from the udder of a cow safe in the knowledge he was not going to die. After that, I'm lost.

Alright, you mentioned intolerance (because humans haven't evolved to tolerate dairy yet, am I right?), but you said carbs are alright. We were reliant on animal products before we even started on carbs. What about gluten intolerance?

Excellent post (for the wrong reasons)

So thats us cutting out dairy products and carbs? What can we get next? Fruit and veg? surely there must be something with that and if i cut it out then ill suddenly develop the most outstanding six pack??

Nothing wrong with carbs. I'm not suggesting everyone should cut out dairy. There is no way I would have if I didn't develop an intolerance to it in my late 20's. When you can no longer eat it it becomes clear what types of food contain it (generally shite). If you then look more closely at milk it really isn't that good for you. If you can digest it then great - go for it but its not giving us all the health benefits they tell us it does. And it certainly made me lose weight when I stopped eating it and I'm a fairly fit guy.

Nothing like trying to pass on a bit of advice then get shot down for it.

Nothing wrong with carbs. I'm not suggesting everyone should cut out dairy. There is no way I would have if I didn't develop an intolerance to it in my late 20's. When you can no longer eat it it becomes clear what types of food contain it (generally shite). If you then look more closely at milk it really isn't that good for you. If you can digest it then great - go for it but its not giving us all the health benefits they tell us it does. And it certainly made me lose weight when I stopped eating it and I'm a fairly fit guy.

Nothing like trying to pass on a bit of advice then get shot down for it.

I think you'll probably find that cutting out a lot of dairy products cuts out a lot of fat. Something in that sentence could probably be linked to your weight loss. Let's see if you can find it.