Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

Spiderman trailer

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/53355

I honestly had absolutely no desire to see this, but I have to say that trailer is fucking awesome

Was coming on to post that. Wise cracking Spider-man is back biggrin.gif That's great and The Lizard looks good. I don't like how at like three different occasions in that trailer, he gets unmasked or uses his powers not in costume, in public. No wonder his family are always in trouble!

Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' Criminal series has been given the go ahead for a film or a TV series. I'm really excited about that. Incidentally, I just had a twitter conversation with Brubaker about how much he likes Downton Abbey :lol:.

Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips' Criminal series has been given the go ahead for a film or a TV series. I'm really excited about that. Incidentally, I just had a twitter conversation with Brubaker about how much he likes Downton Abbey :lol:.

would much rather have a Sleeper series.

would much rather have a Sleeper series.

They've been trying for years to get one, Tom Cruise and Sam Raimi have been linked according to Wiki - that was 3 or 4 years ago.

I'd like to see Incognito done but it'd probably be pretty hard to do I'd imagine.

I'll do them in order, from best to worst.

Marvel:

Loki - Hiddleston does amazingly and the script really helped. I didn't like the fighting though, Loki isn't a fighter, he's all about the subtle trickery through words, planting the seed for Thor to attack Jotunheim is a prime example of this.

Red Skull - It's fucking Hugo Weaving! Does brilliantly as Johann Schmitt.

Magneto - Both McKellen and Fassbender do great jobs at portraying Erik Lensherr. Fassbender's accent is a bit weird though, doesn't really remain constant throughout First Class.

Sebastian Shaw - Kevin Bacon is absolutely fantastic as him. So sinister and that opening scene is absolute gold.

Bullseye - Colin Farrell is the standout in this awful film. Does really well as Bullseye and looks cool as f**k.

Obadiah Stane - It's Jeff Bridges!! *jizzes everywhere*. He does well.

Ivan Vanko - It's Mickey Rourke!! *jizzes everywhere*. He also does well.

Venom - Topher Grace was great as Eddie Brock, I still maintain that he should've been Spider-man though, but he did well as someone who's supposed to be a sort of copy of Peter Parker, but bad.

Doctor Octopus - Does well, it's an alright film.

Green Goblin - Willem Dafoe does well as Norman Osborn, just the right amount of insane.

Jigsaw - Dominic West does well here.

Abomination - Tim Roth is decent here, I'm not a huge fan of Hulk so I'm not familiar with the character.

Kingpin - Michael Clarke Duncan does well, not a great deal of character in the Kingpin though so it's tough to judge.

Less said about Doctor Doom(he's my favourite villain sad.gif), Sandman, the Elektra, Fantastic Four (second one),Blade and Ghost Rider films the better.

I think that's them all, unless I'm forgetting any.

DC:

Joker - Both Nicholson and Ledger do good jobs here. I think Nicholson's is looked down because it's a worse film. If Nolan had written and directed Batman then Nicholson would've received the same amount of plaudits that Ledger did.

The Riddler, similar to the above, Carrey is really good as Eddie Nash, it's just that the film is terrible that he gets overlooked.

Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey is really good as him. Again, the script doesn't help(Luthor and his real estate swindles!) but he's still really good as Luthor

Two Face - Less so but still part of the above for Tommy Lee Jones's portrayal of Harvey Dent(love how it was Billy Dee Williams in the first film and then they change his skin colour for Forever. laugh.gif Aaron Eckhart does really well as Two Face though, helped but a good script but take nothing away from him. He's great.

Scarecrow - Another good performance, Murphy does a great job.

The other DC films will not be mentioned.

Apologies for the massive wall, I did spoiler it though biggrin.gif

I'll do them in order, from best to worst.

Marvel:

Loki - Hiddleston does amazingly and the script really helped. I didn't like the fighting though, Loki isn't a fighter, he's all about the subtle trickery through words, planting the seed for Thor to attack Jotunheim is a prime example of this.

Red Skull - It's fucking Hugo Weaving! Does brilliantly as Johann Schmitt.

Magneto - Both McKellen and Fassbender do great jobs at portraying Erik Lensherr. Fassbender's accent is a bit weird though, doesn't really remain constant throughout First Class.

Sebastian Shaw - Kevin Bacon is absolutely fantastic as him. So sinister and that opening scene is absolute gold.

Bullseye - Colin Farrell is the standout in this awful film. Does really well as Bullseye and looks cool as f**k.

Obadiah Stane - It's Jeff Bridges!! *jizzes everywhere*. He does well.

Ivan Vanko - It's Mickey Rourke!! *jizzes everywhere*. He also does well.

Venom - Topher Grace was great as Eddie Brock, I still maintain that he should've been Spider-man though, but he did well as someone who's supposed to be a sort of copy of Peter Parker, but bad.

Doctor Octopus - Does well, it's an alright film.

Green Goblin - Willem Dafoe does well as Norman Osborn, just the right amount of insane.

Jigsaw - Dominic West does well here.

Abomination - Tim Roth is decent here, I'm not a huge fan of Hulk so I'm not familiar with the character.

Kingpin - Michael Clarke Duncan does well, not a great deal of character in the Kingpin though so it's tough to judge.

Less said about Doctor Doom(he's my favourite villain sad.gif), Sandman, the Elektra, Fantastic Four (second one),Blade and Ghost Rider films the better.

I think that's them all, unless I'm forgetting any.

DC:

Joker - Both Nicholson and Ledger do good jobs here. I think Nicholson's is looked down because it's a worse film. If Nolan had written and directed Batman then Nicholson would've received the same amount of plaudits that Ledger did.

The Riddler, similar to the above, Carrey is really good as Eddie Nash, it's just that the film is terrible that he gets overlooked.

Lex Luthor - Kevin Spacey is really good as him. Again, the script doesn't help(Luthor and his real estate swindles!) but he's still really good as Luthor

Two Face - Less so but still part of the above for Tommy Lee Jones's portrayal of Harvey Dent(love how it was Billy Dee Williams in the first film and then they change his skin colour for Forever. laugh.gif Aaron Eckhart does really well as Two Face though, helped but a good script but take nothing away from him. He's great.

Scarecrow - Another good performance, Murphy does a great job.

The other DC films will not be mentioned.

Apologies for the massive wall, I did spoiler it though biggrin.gif

Bullseye was probably the only part of Daredevil I really liked, Kingpin was OK but wasn't really close to the other villains in the Marvel cannon.

Wolverine 2 has a release date of July 2013, for anyone who's interested laugh.gif

This film initially had massive potential - with darren Aronofsky directing a script set in japan, it could have been epic. I understand that he's left the project now though

This film initially had massive potential - with darren Aronofsky directing a script set in japan, it could have been epic. I understand that he's left the project now though

The premise still remains though im sure. IMDB currently has it as "Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior"

EDIT: I hope its not in 3D, that trend is pissing me off.

Edited by 11thHour

The premise still remains though im sure. IMDB currently has it as "Wolverine travels to Japan to train with a samurai warrior"

EDIT: I hope its not in 3D, that trend is pissing me off.

Yeah, i doubt the script will have been chucked out, but just pcituring a superhero film in the vein of The Wrestler and Black Swan is freaky. the obvious story to tell in japan http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mariko_Yashida has got so much dramatic potential. I'm not a particularly big Woverine fan but i'm interested in this

Following on from that, Fan boys, what story arcs would you liek to see form the basis of future comic book movies? We could do some fantasy booking, or at least turn some people on to some stories they shoudl read.

For me, off the top of my head

The Dark Knight Returns - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Knight_Returns

An obvious one, I remember reading once that frank Miller gave Zack Snyder his blessing to direct if an adaption were ever to happen. I actually think this could serve as a good "break" for Batam between the Nolanverse and the inevitable reboot.

The Man Without Fear - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Daredevil-Without-Fear-Devil-Inside/dp/0785134794

I think this was the first graphic novel I read and always thought it would make a perfect origin movie - no costume til the last frame!

Maus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus

Could be a disaster, could be an Oscar winner.

Feel free to add, discuss, or suggest fantasy casting - Clint Eastwood for batman? James Gandolfini for Kingpin? :D

I'd love to see Mark Millar's Old Man Logan made into a film. The twist in that story is absolutely phenomenal, "Luke, I am your father" level of awesome.

Mark Millar's Red Son would be decent as well. The ending of it is great because it ties into the start, so there's no way they'd make shitty sequels off it(unless they Kick Ass'd it and changed the ending dry.gif)

Messiah Complex would be alright, bit long though(I just want to see Cable in a film), not sure you can just jump into that story without having Apocalypse/Archangel mentioned first though)

I want my fucking Sin City 2 already, pull the finger out Rodriguez/Miller!