Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Littlefinger was sacrificed by the writers to show how "strong and united" the Stark children were. I assume his plan was to turn them against each other and seize power himself. Was a bit underwhelming and made little sense to see him fall for such an obvious double cross considering him, Cersei and Varys were all quadruple crossing each other for multiple years beforehand

The only possible justification I can think of as to why he allowed himself to be duped in such an incredibly obvious manner is that he was so intent on getting in to Sansa's pants, and besotted with her that he was blinded by love. There was a decent bit of lip service paid to that theme, but I still wouldn't have it anywhere close to being sufficient cause for such an intelligent, cunning character to be blindsided in such an obvious way.

In saying that, was delighted he got his totties as, great though the Littlefinger character was, Aidan Gillen's accent was so fucking all over the place that I was beginning to find any scene of his unwatchable.

On 31/08/2017 at 04:56, Swarley said:

Yeah I watched episode 1 last week. You forget a lot of stuff that happened at the start!

apology.JPG

Not owed an apology. The Watch was founded to fight The Others not the Wildlings. He deserted and ran when The Others showed up. 

8 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

The only possible justification I can think of as to why he allowed himself to be duped in such an incredibly obvious manner is that he was so intent on getting in to Sansa's pants, and besotted with her that he was blinded by love. There was a decent bit of lip service paid to that theme, but I still wouldn't have it anywhere close to being sufficient cause for such an intelligent, cunning character to be blindsided in such an obvious way.

In saying that, was delighted he got his totties as, great though the Littlefinger character was, Aidan Gillen's accent was so fucking all over the place that I was beginning to find any scene of his unwatchable.

I remember Aidan Gillen in a TV show called Identity and his accent was all over the place as well :lol:(at first I thought it was a bad attempt at an Irish accent, but it turns out he is actually Irish, so not sure what was happening with the accent)

Edited by alang1993

PTTGOYN thread for this pish I know, but... 

It's the Night King, not the Night's King or the Knight King or Blue Balls Barry or all the other things people call him. 

And the wolf playing Ghost isn't dead, it was a rescued wolf named Ghost after the TV series that died.

Btw how did Sam know that Rhaegars marriage was annulled?

It was pretty clear that he wasn't listening to Gilly when she read it earlier on

Just saw this.

Sam had re-written the High Septon's diary so Gilly was reading his version. Sam already knew what Gilly was trying to tell him - it was mentioned by her for our benefit.

Finally seen series 7 now. Epic, epic stuff. Loved it all.

Have to say, some on here are exceptionally stupid when it comes to comprehending things.

Also it's not hard to avoid spoilers. Not coming on to a thread like this is a good start. Not reading GoT Facebook or Twitter pages is another good idea. You have to either be a bit of a moron or very unlucky to have things spoiled for you.

Oh, and my stuff about Jon Sand; as Brann confirmed, it was absolutely spot on before we learned that he actually wasn't a b*****d. Had his parents' marriage not be legitimate then he would still be Jon Sand (or Aegon Sand I suppose).

Anyway, no doubt Danerys will find out about Jon's true parentage and will have a bit of dilemma, but that could be pretty easily solved by them marrying and (at least planning to) rule together. Not sure if Jon would down with the incest though (when he finds out that is; him shagging his aunt was like a more extreme version of Leia kissing Luke).

Think Theon will intercept the Golden Company and sink them before they reach Westeros. Can't believe anyone trusted Cersei in the first place though, especially Tyrion. Surely Jaime will defect and tell Jon and Danerys of Cersei's plan?

Enjoyed The Hound's promo on his brother, and can't wait for their big fight.

They need to make some big dragonglass arrows for one of the scorpions to take down the wight-dragon.

How many of the Free Folk are still left incidentally? How many escaped Hardholme? We know that about 3000 fought in the BotB, but was that all that made it south of the wall? Tormund better not be dead.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/tv/39-important-details-you-might-have-missed-on-game-of-thrones-season-7/ss-AArmMaU?li=BBoPWjQ&ocid=mailsignout#image=1

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 23:44, quickoverayard said:

The Dragon was always for the night king...

I thought there was 3 so Danny, Jon and the night king could all use one in the great war.

That'd make sense, isn't the other dragon that's left the one named for Jon's father?

1 hour ago, quickoverayard said:

I also thought Tyrion was a targaryen at one point and the Dragon was for him. I've no idea who they were named for.

Drogon - after Khal Drogo. Her first love and the Dragon she ends up riding all the time.

Rhaegal - after her uncle, Rhaegal (Jon's Da), who should have been king. Jon will no doubt end up riding him.

Viserion - after her brother Vererys, who turned out to be a complete and utter c**t and turned on Dany. Aptly, died and turned by the Night King.

Almost as if someone had written it all deliberately. ;)

Edited by Spain