Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Thought that was much better than last week's but still not great.

Thought we actually fared better not being in Kings, given how badly that's been handled. Same with the Dornish storyline.

The Wall continues to be the high point, Stannis has been brilliant this series so far, gonna miss the sparring between him and Jon Snow.

I know it was touched on last week as well but they really are being extremely overt with Jon Snow's parentage. Not much room or time for subtlety I suppose.

Not enough of the interesting characters for my taste. All the shite characters, save Tyrion, and nothing at King's Landing?

Shite.

Yeah think this is the problem not enough little finger, varys, tyrion etc. Really don't care about grey worm, gilly who are pretty minor characters.

They've chopped quite a lot from the books which seems a bit of a mistake at the moment. Still 5 episodes to go though and it has always progressed at a fairly slow pace.

Not enough of the interesting characters for my taste. All the shite characters, save Tyrion, and nothing at King's Landing?

Shite.

Yeah think this is the problem not enough little finger, varys, tyrion etc. Really don't care about grey worm, gilly who are pretty minor characters.

They've chopped quite a lot from the books which seems a bit of a mistake at the moment. Still 5 episodes to go though and it has always progressed at a fairly slow pace.

Thought that was much better than last week's but still not great.

Thought we actually fared better not being in Kings, given how badly that's been handled. Same with the Dornish storyline.

The Wall continues to be the high point, Stannis has been brilliant this series so far, gonna miss the sparring between him and Jon Snow.

I know it was touched on last week as well but they really are being extremely overt with Jon Snow's parentage. Not much room or time for subtlety I suppose.

stannis struck me as a man riding to his doom tonight

I quite enjoyed it. There's enough difference between the books to really keep me on my toes. Reek and Sansa could turn out to be an interesting story line

As someone said, they aren't being particularly subtle about Jon Snow and his parentage. I wonder though if they are being deliberately misleading. Last night when Maester Aemon made the comment about Daenerys' last living relative, only for Jon Snow to appear seemed far too obvious for me.

Edited by houston_bud

1. That's still just a theory and;

2. They discussed it in spoilers

:rolleyes:

Ok, edited to include a spoiler, but I was talking about something that happened on the show. Agreed that it is still just a theory, but it is widely held as feasible, if not probable. The makers of the show know this, and it appears they are alluding to it. As I said, it makes me think they are deliberately trying to mislead us.

It crossed my mind last night that they could just be trolling book readers with all the hints towards the theory because they are being way too obvious about it. It would be interesting to know if it's so obvious that non book readers are picking up on it.

What the show really needs to shake shit up is...

Lady Stoneheart

But it just doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

I always expected Bran, with his visions, to be the one to finally tell Jon Snow about his parents

Has he ever had a vision of the past though? I don't remember one. How would he know? Unless of course he has more to come

On a separate note, why have we had absolutely no mention of The Mountain, other than him (I assume it was him) briefly twitching under a sheet in the lab at Kings Landing?

Has he ever had a vision of the past though? I don't remember one. How would he know? Unless of course he has more to come

I don't remember one either. It's been a couple of years since I finished the books right enough, but do the trees not have powers to see or remember events from the past? I might be going way off but I always thought there would be a link to the trees in the Godswood in Winterfell, who would be able to reveal secrets to Bran.