Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

A hotel in Airdrie is getting it in the neck from seething Brit-nats and Sevconians after they refused to serve a former soldier because he was wearing a 'Help For Heros' t-shirt.

'Boycott the evil Tudor Hotel' is the name of the page set up on Facebook. There's some very angry people on it.

I remember once my old English teach once was talking about some younger weans he had in classes who did things like capitalising all the words in sentences, he said it was like a disorder of some sort. I'm genuinely bemused by people who do it, and I've no idea how they can pick something like that up. In learning a language your most important thing is immersion which helps you understand it being spoken to you and makes you able to speak it yourself, but how can a grown adult who has from the age of at the very latest 5 years old seen literally millions of words and letters presented the way they should be and end up Typing Them Out Like This When They Try To Say Things? I'd love to know. Really.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

I remember once my old English teach once was talking about some younger weans he had in classes who did things like capitalising all the words in sentences, he said it was like a disorder of some sort. I'm genuinely bemused by people who do it, and I've no idea how they can pick something like that up. In learning a language your most important thing is immersion which helps you understand it being spoken to you and makes you able to speak it yourself, but how can a grown adult who has from the age of at the very latest 5 years old seen literally millions of words and letters presented the way they should be and end up Typing Them Out Like This When They Try To Say Things? I'd love to know. Really.

BE A WEAR

A hotel in Airdrie is getting it in the neck from seething Brit-nats and Sevconians after they refused to serve a former soldier because he was wearing a 'Help For Heros' t-shirt.

'Boycott the evil Tudor Hotel' is the name of the page set up on Facebook. There's some very angry people on it.

Similar thing happened in Polmont a few months ago because someone was refused service in the Black Bull for wearing a Hackett top with a union flag on it.

Turned out that he'd actually been ejected for being loud and abusive to the staff (was off his face after coming back from a football game - anyone want to guess who he supported?) and was up in court a few weeks later for singing sectarian songs.

Similar thing happened in Polmont a few months ago because someone was refused service in the Black Bull for wearing a Hackett top with a union flag on it.

Turned out that he'd actually been ejected for being loud and abusive to the staff (was off his face after coming back from a football game - anyone want to guess who he supported?) and was up in court a few weeks later for singing sectarian songs.

Also the Union Jack he had was around his collar which he had turned up.

Also the Union Jack he had was around his collar which he had turned up.

I remember the sun ran a story with a headline along the lines of "pub turns down war hero for showing colours" then he moaned about the SNP being to blame for it.

When it emerged he was singing bigoted songs after a Rangers game they went rather quiet on it all.

I remember the sun ran a story with a headline along the lines of "pub turns down war hero for showing colours" then he moaned about the SNP being to blame for it.

When it emerged he was singing bigoted songs after a Rangers game they went rather quiet on it all.

Surely they printed a huge retraction and apology?

No?

Surely they printed a huge retraction and apology?

No?

Don't think they did, in sure it was an article they published saying he had been charged.

Funnily enough I've found the Falkirk Heralds 2 stories. The first one stating that he was thrown out for showing the union flag, the next one stated it was allegedly and the staff didn't know what he was on about.