Doctor Who

yoda

Did see miranda hart being touted as a possible Dr. .....that would surely kill the show off

It would certainly be me finished with it that's for sure!!!

Miss Jones?

New Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi backs Frances de la Tour over Ben Whishaw and Mark Strong

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/01/new-doctor-who-peter-capaldi-backs-frances-de-la-tour-over-ben-whishaw-and-mark-strong-6420137/#ixzz4XSKYcHD8

1 minute ago, Zen Archer said:

Miss Jones?

New Doctor Who: Peter Capaldi backs Frances de la Tour over Ben Whishaw and Mark Strong

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/02/01/new-doctor-who-peter-capaldi-backs-frances-de-la-tour-over-ben-whishaw-and-mark-strong-6420137/#ixzz4XSKYcHD8

Frances de la Tour must be like 200 years old?

10 hours ago, dogmc said:

Did see miranda hart being touted as a possible Dr. .....that would surely kill the show off

4 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

Miss Jones?

Both are horrible options for the new Dr

Ben Wishaw is a decent option but suspect he'd just be matt smith II. Really important pick for them because if they screw this up then the decline of the last couple of series will become difficult to halt even with a new writer. Don't have an issue with a female Dr. ....but if miranda hart n Frances de La tour are the options just kill it off now.

Rory Kinnear, great in everything I've seen him in. The monster in Penny Dreadful and Pig Lover in Black Mirror.

Atwell or Kinnear

Aye pretty much this. Can't see them getting strong he does too much film work eta was Kinnear not in that thing with Gatiss cpl years back bout the victorians who landed on the moon??

Gatiss has to be a banker to get the top job, surely? I know he doesn't have many fans on here but he'll be the favourite.

Next is Chibnell (Broadchurch) but eventually Gatiss will get it but I think he would be good. He is a big fan and like Moffat has written a few episodes.

The Doctor visits Royston Vasey, the local town for local people.

Ladbrokes list of the "favourites" for the next Doctor:

The odds on Next Doctor Who, from Ladbrokes

Ben Whishaw 5/1

Richard Ayoade 6/1

Rory Kinnear 7/1

Miranda Hart 8/1

Jason Flemyng 9/1

David Harewood 10/1

Helena Bonham Carter 10/1

Alexander Vlahos 12/1

Daniel Rigby 12/1

Olivia Colman 14/1

Michael Sheen 14/1

Idris Elba 16/1

Chiwetel Ejifor 16/1

Russell Tovey 16/1

Ben Daniels 20/1

Alexandra Roach 20/1

Jennifer Saunders 20/1

Sheridan Smith 20/1

Sophie Okonedo 25/1

Tilda Swinton 25/1

Helen Mirren 25/1

Hugh Bonneville 25/1

Sarah Lancashire 25/1

Eddie Redmaybe 25/1

Phillip Glenister 25/1

David Mitchell 33/1

Keeley Hawes 33/1

James Corden 50/1

Hugh Grant 50/1

Katherine Kelly 50/1

Damian Lewis 50/1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been mulling it over for a while and I'd actually like to see a female Doctor. I think it would boost the show no end, and if it fails...well, there's always a new regeneration.

My choices would be either Hayley Atwell or Sheridan Smith.