Doctor Who

yoda

I used to love Doctor Who as a children's TV show and now it's degenerated into a childish idiot fest for adults. That ratty faced actress from "The Acid House" really chewed the scenery and some of the script was atrocious. The sentimental parting of two of the protagonists had a touching quality that was out of touch for what's meant to me sci-fi fun. Clearly some humanists have taken over writing and it lacks the original's apolitical fantastic (as in Fantasy) charm. They've ruined the show which is a shame because Peter Capaldi is very good in the title role.

I'm astounded you came into a thread to post something controversial

I don't think it quite lived up to the first episode of the two-parter, but I thought that was exceptionally good so would've been almost impossible to achieve.

It was still pretty good. Really enjoyed Gomez's Master/Mistress. I hope they find a way to bring her back.

While I've not been overly-arsed about the Clara-Danny romance throughout the series, the send off was done well.

Overall, a pretty excellent series. I think Moffatt has probably won round a lot of the doubters.

Oh, and Gallifrey looks like it's coming back. Cue: endless speculation about them bringing back the sodding Rani!

I used to love Doctor Who as a children's TV show and now it's degenerated into a childish idiot fest for adults. That ratty faced actress from "The Acid House" really chewed the scenery and some of the script was atrocious. The sentimental parting of two of the protagonists had a touching quality that was out of touch for what's meant to me sci-fi fun. Clearly some humanists have taken over writing and it lacks the original's apolitical fantastic (as in Fantasy) charm. They've ruined the show which is a shame because Peter Capaldi is very good in the title role.

So this is the level of shite you post when outside of the politics forum? Good grief.

Back in your box ya loon.

Oh, and Gallifrey looks like it's coming back.

It looked to me like there was nothing there and that's the reason that the Doctor was hammering the Tardis...Also the reason at the end given for not liking to give hugs because they "hide the face" would suggest that he didn't want Clara seeing he was upset that there was no Gallifrey and that he was lying to her

It looked to me like there was nothing there and that's the reason that the Doctor was hammering the Tardis...Also the reason at the end given for not liking to give hugs because they "hide the face" would suggest that he didn't want Clara seeing he was upset that there was no Gallifrey and that he was lying to her

It looked that way because that's exactly what happened.

Anyway, Missy was The Master as she said, Chris Addison's character was not The Master, The Rani, Romana and Prisoner Zero didn't appear and remain the insignificant load of pish they are and no former companions made an appearance.

I thought the episode was rushed and felt totally 'meh'. I don't think The Master will be gone; she/he will never be totally gone like the Daleks and Cybermen. Danny Pink somehow managed to be a c**t even though he was dead and a Cyberman. Hopefully the next series revolves around trying to find Gallifrey. I'm bored of episodes in London and Earth in general. For a guy who can travel all of time and space, The Doctor limits himself and must have a shite imagination.

Edited by DA Baracus

It looked that way because that's exactly what happened.

Anyway, Missy was The Master as she said, Chris Addison's character was not The Master, The Rani, Romana and Prisoner Zero didn't appear and remain the insignificant load of pish they are and no former companions made an appearance.

I thought the episode was rushed and felt totally 'meh'. I don't think The Master will be gone; she/he will never be totally gone like the Daleks and Cybermen. Danny Pink somehow managed to be a c**t even though he was dead and a Cyberman. Hopefully the next series revolves around trying to find Gallifrey. I'm bored of episodes in London and Earth in general. For a guy who can travel all of time and space, The Doctor limits himself and must have a shite imagination.

He has a shit load of restraining orders and we're the only c***s that will put up with him.

Its the space ones that I get bored with.

Its weird how folk's preferences differ - and how the writers are never going to please everyone.

True enough. But they please enough folk for the show to be as popular as ever.

I'm a big sci fi fan so that's why I like episodes on other worlds or in space. The Earth based shows could have a bit more variety than London and England.

True enough. But they please enough folk for the show to be as popular as ever.

I'm a big sci fi fan so that's why I like episodes on other worlds or in space. The Earth based shows could have a bit more variety than London and England.

That's true.

I'm into the history so that always gets me into it.

I'm really looking forward to my kids growing up and being able to watch it together.

I thought that it was a fantastic piece of drama, but to close up the series arc, it felt incomplete and rushed. Over the past 2 years I've been totally confused by Clara, is she Oswin? And what was the pish about her appearing through out the doctors timeline? I have a feeling the Clara will be back in some way, and also a few characters have fairly similar names: Oswin, Oswald, Osgood( the speccy UNIT lassie) and Orson Pink, or is this just a coincidence?

I thought that it was a fantastic piece of drama, but to close up the series arc, it felt incomplete and rushed. Over the past 2 years I've been totally confused by Clara, is she Oswin? And what was the pish about her appearing through out the doctors timeline? I have a feeling the Clara will be back in some way, and also a few characters have fairly similar names: Oswin, Oswald, Osgood( the speccy UNIT lassie) and Orson Pink, or is this just a coincidence?

A lot of the names and that are seeded simply to give the Who fanatics something to ponder over. The whole Claras eye in the titles and putting her name before the Doctors was due to this massive theory she was going to be unvieled as the Doctor or her daughter. Which of course was never going to happen

Sorry, red dotted you by accident. Will give you a greenie somewhere else.

I enjoyed the finale but the series overall has been a bit of a let down.

Into the Dalek, Robot of Sherwood, Kill the Moon and Forest of the night were grade A awful.

Listen, Mummy on the Orient Express, Flatline and the 2 part finale were superb.

The rest meh.

Compared to the series before, it's been below par. Need better scripts. Capaldi amazing as usual - especially smashing up the Tardis when he realised Missy was lying about Galifrey. Finally seeing him missing his home.

Has anyone else thought that if the doctor didn't bother checking if gallifrey was back in its old place before missy told him to, he'd still not have bothered to check if it was time locked?

I.e it is there, he just went at the wrong time.

Hvae this feeling he'll discover hes misunderstood the numbers she gave him at some point. Maybe not though, the do have history of goading each other.