Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have now read through all three previous survivor games(that third one was over 200 pages long and contained 150 pages of Breakdowns ohmy.gif).

I have two different idea's for Survival games; a bog standard one(identical in format to the first two successful ones, but with different challenges obviously), or a second type(Survival: Redemption Island, which has a few twist's and turn's which could create more controversy).

I hope to have the game fully finalised for Friday, so that it can be wrapped up, stuck in a folder on my computer until we are ready for another Survivor game cool.gif

I have now read through all three previous survivor games(that third one was over 200 pages long and contained 150 pages of Breakdowns ohmy.gif).

I have two different idea's for Survival games; a bog standard one(identical in format to the first two successful ones, but with different challenges obviously), or a second type(Survival: Redemption Island, which has a few twist's and turn's which could create more controversy).

I hope to have the game fully finalised for Friday, so that it can be wrapped up, stuck in a folder on my computer until we are ready for another Survivor game cool.gif

What happened after Jab left?:lol:

I prefer the one that has more controvesy in it.However, I am not bothered if it's a bog standard one happy to go with the majority.

What happened after Jab left?:lol:

I prefer the one that has more controvesy in it.However, I am not bothered if it's a bog standard one happy to go with the majority.

It seemed to go

"Ludo, you're a c**t"

"naw im no"

"aye you are"

"naw im no"

"aye you are"

"Listen JAB, Ludo, yer both c***s

"naw we're no"

Then XBL has to explain everything for Broxi#1 AKA Mr. Loophole.

It was a hell of a lot of shite to trawl through. Some good quotes picked up though laugh.gif

I'm not sure, we love a bit of controversy but sometimes trying to overdo it can ruin the game IMO, like complexity. Saying that, I don't really mind, I might not make it in ph34r.gif

Well i'll explain my idea i had.

The usual 20 players (4 team's x 5), with qualifiers to sort out the final players. Playing the task's as usual and losing the usual 3 people per "round" (one from each of the 3 losing teams). Instead of being directly eliminated they go to "Redemption Island". They participate individually against each other to survive. The one winner stays on "Redemption Island", the other three are eliminated. As each round progesses the survivor on "Redemption Island" has to battle each of the 3 eliminated. The winner stays on the "island" the other three eliminated. When we get to the semi final's the "winner" of "Redemption Island" get's a place in the final alongside the other 3 finalist's. Sort of like a "lucky loser" who has had to fend off the other loser's to get a second chance.

Yeah, it's kind of complicated ph34r.gif

Hmm, I quite like it but only because it takes out the impact(slightly) if there's any shafting. I'm not sure Ludo will love the idea of a player coming back though ph34r.gif

I'd probably create a second thread for "Redemption Island" to try and de-clog it all. There's another couple of twist's and turn's i am thinking of/researching.

Still very early stage's but would be good to have it ready to go should people start getting bored of Mafia games all the time and want something slightly different.

I love that idea SLJ - Almost a bit of a side game and gives everyone a second chance to battle through.

I would say the standard format of the first two games + the redemption island would be a good mix. Like Forehead said, controvesy is good but only when it is natural controvesy and I think when things are put in place to deliberatly cause controvesy and backstabbing then it doesn't have the same effect as when it happens naturally (which it will do)

get the survivor game going next week then yeah?

I love that idea SLJ

get the survivor game going next week then yeah?

Firstly, i was talking to The Real Saints. He has won this style of game twice, so i'm wanting to know his opinion wink.gif

Secondly, start next week? laugh.gif No! I am not skipping the queue with this, because it would be completely unfair on people who have prepared their game's thoroughly

Firstly, i was talking to The Real Saints. He has won this style of game twice, so i'm wanting to know his opinion wink.gif

Secondly, start next week? laugh.gif No! I am not skipping the queue with this, because it would be completely unfair on people who have prepared their game's thoroughly

You can have my slot if you wish... Truth be told, I'm really struggling for time at the moment, and I think we could really do with another survivor game.

I'll run mine at the end of summer.

Archived