Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

Same here, I don't think the teachers took too kindly to my new found swear words after I listened to the Slim shady LP :lol:

That's it it's all marketed different now for wee lassies and shit to buy their songs. I really doubt 2pac and Biggie would have changed their style of music to the shit you get now days.

Yeah I told my P6 teacher to "suckadick" :lol:

Imo if Pac was still around it wouldn't have changed as much, "gangsta" would still be popular in music, therefore the gimps that pass as rappers nowadays would of never made it. If only eh?

In the mood for listening to Immortal Technique at the moment, and as there's been a lack of his stuff posted in the last couple of pages, I reckon it's worth posting up a couple of videos:

That is uncanny - I posted the following earlier in response to British Patriot saying Eminem is the greatest living rapper and there's no other decent ones or something. I deleted it cos I couldn't get 'The Martyr' album on Youtube to embed:

Eminem is the only great living rapper if you're just skimming the surface and only listening to the shit that the radio and tv are feeding you. There are some incredible emcees if you look for them.

Personally it's mostly UK stuff I listen to but some folk can only swallow the Yank accent. If that's the case, I give you Immortal Technique to name but one. Here's his full 'The Martyr' album on Youtube including a link to download the full album for free. Don't say I'm not good to you:

That is uncanny - I posted the following earlier in response to British Patriot saying Eminem is the greatest living rapper and there's no other decent ones or something. I deleted it cos I couldn't get 'The Martyr' album on Youtube to embed:

Eminem is the only great living rapper if you're just skimming the surface and only listening to the shit that the radio and tv are feeding you. There are some incredible emcees if you look for them.

Personally it's mostly UK stuff I listen to but some folk can only swallow the Yank accent. If that's the case, I give you Immortal Technique to name but one. Here's his full 'The Martyr' album on Youtube including a link to download the full album for free. Don't say I'm not good to you:

I'm like that now, I use to only listen to American stuff, but ive been listening to a lot of Akala and all the fire in the booths recently.

I actually first heard of Immortal Technique in the music sharing thread that was cutting about a while back, but I also recently read an interview with him in the Metro, which made me think it was worth going back for a listen to some of his stuff. As soon as it hits pay day, I might look at a few of his albums.

Cheers for the heads up about the free download, gives me some new stuff to listen to over the next few days.

I'm like that now, I use to only listen to American stuff, but ive been listening to a lot of Akala and all the fire in the booths recently.

Both of Harry Shotta's Fire in the Booths are superb. Not strictly hip hop as they're over d&b beats but some sublime skills.

You ever check out the SBTV stuff on Youtube? Some good stuff there. If this next link works, check this guy out - Terminator T. The guys a wannabe gangster, Drogba look-a-like who apparently used to be on QPR's books. The first time I saw and heard him I thought he looked and sounded like an evil c**t, but the more I watched and listened, the funnier it got. I could spend all day just reading the comments on it:

Edit: f**k it - link not embedding. Look up 'Terminator SBTV' on Youtube. The boy's no right.

Edited by Dee Man

I actually first heard of Immortal Technique in the music sharing thread that was cutting about a while back, but I also recently read an interview with him in the Metro, which made me think it was worth going back for a listen to some of his stuff. As soon as it hits pay day, I might look at a few of his albums.

Cheers for the heads up about the free download, gives me some new stuff to listen to over the next few days.

He played Glasgow on Wednesday this week. I found out on Thursday when my mate posted a pic of him and 'Tec on Facebook. Gutted.

Here's the link to free album:

http://www.immortaltechnique.co.uk/Thread-Immortal-Technique-The-Martyr-Free-Album-OUT-OCT-27TH-TOUR

Edited by Dee Man

Both of Harry Shotta's Fire in the Booths are superb. Not strictly hip hop as they're over d&b beats but some sublime skills.

You ever check out the SBTV stuff on Youtube? Some good stuff there. If this next link works, check this guy out - Terminator T. The guys a wannabe gangster, Drogba look-a-like who apparently used to be on QPR's books. The first time I saw and heard him I thought he looked and sounded like an evil c**t, but the more I watched and listened, the funnier it got. I could spend all day just reading the comments on it:

Edit: f**k it - link not embedding. Look up 'Terminator SBTV' on Youtube. The boy's no right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Lm4YpUtMM

:lol: This the guy?

"I don't knife for fun, but Ill knife yo mum"

Akala's fire in the booth part2 is the best one imo, his lyrics are shit hot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Lm4YpUtMM

:lol: This the guy?

"I don't knife for fun, but Ill knife yo mum"

Akala's fire in the booth part2 is the best one imo, his lyrics are shit hot.

That's the guy....

....."and if she backs the wall, then I'll knife her lung" :lol:

I watch it a couple of times a month just for the lolz!

Anyone else listening to Jehst, Chester P or Rhyme Asylum?

UK all day for me when it comes to hip hop. Never been able to get too deep into US stuff

Love Jehst, Chester P, Braintax, Klasnekoff et al.

I've got the Rhyme Asylum 'Solitary Confinement' album on my phone, but I'm not overly keen on it.

No doubt you'll heard this tune RawB?

Edit: why the f**k do some Youtube links not embed? Anyhoo, it's Jehst, Farmer G, Skriblah and The Sundragon - Seeing Red.

Edited by Dee Man