Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

• 3 weeks later...

Just listened to Warren G and Nate Dogg - Regulate for the first time in ages.

That is some tune.

Still one of my favourite albums of all time. This Is The Shack is my favourite song on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Still one of my favourite albums of all time. This Is The Shack is my favourite song on it.

I think the bit where Warren mis-spells the word "Next" on "What's Next" is my favourite thing to ever happen.

And even Eminem is shit these days,

Who's the most popular Hip-Hop artists today? Lil Wayne, Drake etc. there not even rappers, says it all really.

Eminem still has it, he obviously has to change his ways to suit the way rap has went now days. Wayne and Drake are awful they really wouldn't be "rappers" if 2pac and biggie were here.

Classic Eminem.

Eminem still has it, he obviously has to change his ways to suit the way rap has went now days. Wayne and Drake are awful they really wouldn't be "rappers" if 2pac and biggie were here.

Classic Eminem.

I bought his last album, Recovery I think it was, there were a couple of good tunes, cold wind blows was one of my favourites though.

When you listen to his early stuff, from his first two albums you hear the anger in his voice he's almost shouting down the mic.

I agree, who knows where hip-hop would be if Notorious or Pac were still here :(

I bought his last album, Recovery I think it was, there were a couple of good tunes, cold wind blows was one of my favourites though.

When you listen to his early stuff, from his first two albums you hear the anger in his voice he's almost shouting down the mic.

I agree, who knows where hip-hop would be if Notorious or Pac were still here :(

Without a doubt though his older music was the best he was never going to make better albums than The Marshall Mathers LP or the Slim Shady LP they were just out of this world good.

One things for sure hip-hop would be a better place with them here. I think their songs are timeless, I think they were way ahead of the years you could still listen to their songs many years from now and they would still sound as great imo.

Without a doubt though his older music was the best he was never going to make better albums than The Marshall Mathers LP or the Slim Shady LP they were just out of this world good.

One things for sure hip-hop would be a better place with them here. I think their songs are timeless, I think they were way ahead of the years you could still listen to their songs many years from now and they would still sound as great imo.

Aye, still two of my favourite albums, those and the chronic 2001 were the sound track to my childhood.

Yeah they are timeless, if big poppa came on the radio and you hadn't heard it you would think it was new, that's just one example.

Hip hop is in a sorry state, it's been marketed beyond belief, and there is no meaning or message to the lyrics anymore.

Don't get me wrong there are good underground rappers our there, but the mainstream is targeted towards wee lassies, like all music really.

Aye, still two of my favourite albums, those and the chronic 2001 were the sound track to my childhood.

Yeah they are timeless, if big poppa came on the radio and you hadn't heard it you would think it was new, that's just one example.

Hip hop is in a sorry state, it's been marketed beyond belief, and there is no meaning or message to the lyrics anymore.

Don't get me wrong there are good underground rappers our there, but the mainstream is targeted towards wee lassies, like all music really.

Same here, I don't think the teachers took too kindly to my new found swear words after I listened to the Slim shady LP :lol:

That's it it's all marketed different now for wee lassies and shit to buy their songs. I really doubt 2pac and Biggie would have changed their style of music to the shit you get now days.