The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Would be surprised if there'll be many spares going about for the cup game - we won't get a massive allocation and it'll sell out pretty quickly. Probably best to browse Blues forums / keep an eye on pages on FB.

Whatever happened to the Bluekipper forum? Was always the EFC forum I posted on, and there was usually good banter on it. I usually have a look at Grand Old Team, though I don't post on it.

Oh, and, Sunday - Yaaaasss! What a comeback that was and no more than Everton deserved on the balance of play IMO. If we can stay in and around 4th into the New Year, then I think we can begin to seriously think about the Champions League.

Great to see Jelavic back in among the goals again too.

Would be surprised if there'll be many spares going about for the cup game - we won't get a massive allocation and it'll sell out pretty quickly. Probably best to browse Blues forums / keep an eye on pages on FB.

Whatever happened to the Bluekipper forum? Was always the EFC forum I posted on, and there was usually good banter on it. I usually have a look at Grand Old Team, though I don't post on it.

Oh, and, Sunday - Yaaaasss! What a comeback that was and no more than Everton deserved on the balance of play IMO. If we can stay in and around 4th into the New Year, then I think we can begin to seriously think about the Champions League.

Great result and great to see Jevalic score.

everton have had a really good first 11 for many seasons now, their problem has always been their lack of squad depth, all it takes is a few injuries to key players and they were being replaced with boys or players nowhere near the level required

They have a slightly better depth to their squad now and some promising young players which makes it easier for moyes, but they also seem to be carrying a bit of luck regarding injuries in that they arent long term like they have seen before

Hopefully they keep it up, everton are a great team to watch at times, especially when they get baines in on the action, that boy can play

did anyone else see that moyes is the 12th highest paid manager in the world?

not bad for a guy who has never won a trophy or made the champions league.

Managers get less than players at that level, and in the Premier League the managers who get more are those who are typically better regarded (hilarity ensues when it's pointed out that Saint Martin is on that list). Moyes is an absolute bargain for what he's done at the club on a fraction of his contemporaries' budgets.

Aye, that's what I reckoned, but it seemed worth asking. Given that I'm down here it seemed worth at least attempting to go.

I've no idea what happened on Bluekipper, my best guess is 'something', it was getting vaguely out of hand in terms of moderation before it eventually died, but not been able to figure it out. I had a look at NSNO, but they appear to be a bit lunatic for me. Will give GOT a look.

Given how things have been going, I think we were about due two last minute goals. Jelavic's celebrations were absolutely brilliant, god knows what Vellios was trying to do though?! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Any joy so far on FA Cup tickets thisGRAEME?

I'm bumping this as the thread slipped to page 3. Great result at West Ham yesterday and with 2 home games before the New Year, the team are looking in good shape for a European push.

Another win today - things are bubbling along nicely. Pity Spurs keep winning too!

Big game on Sunday v Chelsea at Goodison - gutted I'm not going as it's a sell-out and should be a good game. Live on Sky, 1.30pm kick off for all you Blues interested!

I like Everton and Moyes, but i still them coming up short this season, i think Tottenham will beat them to 4th

As far as I'm concerned, we're having a great season so far, but 4th isn't a realistic goal for us.

As always, our starting eleven are a match for most in the league, but it's the lack of depth which prevents us from getting to the next level.

I'd be happy with a finish in the top 7, and if European football comes with that, then great. But in my opinion, the top 5 are a level above (in whichever order you place them) then we're one of the best of the rest fighting for the European spots.

I genuinely believe we have a shot at 4th. I know what you're saying Shakey in that the squad lacks depth, but then it did in 2004/2005 when we did it! Obviously, we require a lot of luck along the way, but if Moyes can add maybe one or two players in January then there's no reason to suggest why we can't stay up there.

Though a Europa League spot, and hopefully a cup run, would be a terrific season.

Edited by Larbert_Par

I think it is absolutely crucial that we finish in a European spot this season. 4th is the target, but failing that it would then be an utter disaster to finish below 6th. It's a terrific squad and questions would have to be asked if failed.

Mind you, we win the FA Cup then forget what i just said!

Edited by jamamafegan4