The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I don't see how Everton treated the cup with any disdain at all following that Oldham game.

It was a full strength team, Oldham deserved the draw yes but it was a plucky minnow type performance from them and i don't think Everton played particularly badly.

Maybe i'm watching it through tainted glasses but i'm not at all worried following the first match.

I'd be surprised to see you get past Wigan if the Oldham game is a sign of how you're treating the cup.

Steady on!

As Christophe said, full strength team put out and Oldham played really well and deserved their replay. We didn't take our chances to put the tie to bed. Definitely not disrespecting the challenge of the cup.

The replay will not be easy. It was about 2 seasons ago that we knocked Chelsea out at the bridge on penalties, only to go out to championship Reading in the next round. Oldham also knocked us out about 5 years ago at Goodison thanks to an absolute screamer.

We have a great chance to make the semi finals here, we have the quality to make it. But it will not be easy. I for one are taking nothing for granted.

The number of posters on this thread with Scottish teams next to 'My Team:' referring to Everton as "we" makes me sad.

I go to watch Everton quite regularly and over the years I have become quite attached to them. They're a team I follow, so I will refer to them as 'we' - and I don't see why I shouldn't.

Anyway, good FA Cup draw but can't take anything for granted. As one EFC facebook page noted, 2 games against Oldham and Wigan to get to Wembley - it's the sort of thing Everton can f*ck up quite easily.

Hopefully the lads can raise their game and do a Goodison Manc double.

According to Moyes, Anichebe is a doubt for tomorrow and will check on "one or two others", which are unspecified on the update on the official EFC facebook page.