Copying Dvd's On Your System

Guest Psycho_FFC

Guest Psycho_FFC

Running off my laptop which I use for uni just now as I am not allowed to use the home computer after some shit went down with viruses etc. I run XP and just have all the basic system setups running - Record DMX, Windows Media etc. I am getting sick of the shit sound I get off the computer and want to either upgrade the sound system or link it to my home cinema in my room, what would be easiest/cheapest? Secondly I want to exploit the market in my uni for "backup" dvd's as well as copy ones people give me a lend of. What do I need to get up and running?

Cheers

P.S Whats this Mozilla your all on about?

Cheers. Whats benefits does it hold apart from your standard browser?

Your wellcome.

Dont realy know what it all does,i know the pop-up blocker is good on it.

Sorry,you'll have to ask others that know more about it than i do.

Mozilla is far better, it has loads of plug ins, and a great pop up blocker. You can also open windows in tabs instead of a new browser, and flick between them. Can't mind the shortcut, but you can do it by right clicking.

Also, it isn't microsoft so doesn't open it's legs to be fucked by all sorts of viruses, trojans and spyware. I've had hardly any spyware since using it, and , touch wood, no viruses, and that's over a year.

Here's an excellent thread which will assist you in "backing up" your DVDs ;)CLICKY

Guest Psycho_FFC
Mozilla is far better, it has loads of plug ins, and a great pop up blocker. You can also open windows in tabs instead of a new browser, and flick between them. Can't mind the shortcut, but you can do it by right clicking.

Also, it isn't microsoft so doesn't open it's legs to be fucked by all sorts of viruses, trojans and spyware. I've had hardly any spyware since using it, and , touch wood, no viruses, and that's over a year.

Here's an excellent thread which will assist you in "backing up" your DVDs ;)CLICKY

Ahh cheers. So I basically just need a dvd re-writer and to download some basic software and away I go?

Anyone got any info in regards to the sound system part?

Ahh cheers. So I basically just need a dvd re-writer and to download some basic software and away I go?

Anyone got any info in regards to the sound system part?

Spot on. ;)

Unfortunately I haven't a clue about speakers and stuff like that. Hopefully someone else will though, as it's an interesting point.

Presuming your laptop has a normal audio out (headphone type) socket on the back, pluggin into your home cinema system shouldnt be a problem. Get a cable with headphone plug on one end and two standard hi-fi audio plugs on the other (the red and white ones) and Roberts your mothers brother.

Edited to say - if its your home computer your talking about, the same applies. And you also have to option of putting in a new sound card, which you dont have with the laptop. If your computer is in the same room as your home cinema system, Id go for that though ;)

Guest Psycho_FFC
Presuming your laptop has a normal audio out (headphone type) socket on the back, pluggin into your home cinema system shouldnt be a problem. Get a cable with headphone plug on one end and two standard hi-fi audio plugs on the other (the red and white ones) and Roberts your mothers brother.

Edited to say - if its your home computer your talking about, the same applies. And you also have to option of putting in a new sound card, which you dont have with the laptop. If your computer is in the same room as your home cinema system, Id go for that though ;)

Thanks for the reply. Its just my laptop. Would you advise just to link it up to my cinema system then?

Archived