A great feeling at Cappielow..

So you regard Dunfermline and Celtic to be of equal stature within Scottish football? An amusing argument, but certainly a convenient one given your own side are one of the minnow tadpoles at this level of existence.

I think we are all aware that some teams are distinctly bigger than others, within the same competitive level. Even some of the diddies have been adult enough to grudgingly know their place.

i.e. Dundee >>>>>>>>> Morton

Diddy.

So you regard Dunfermline and Celtic to be of equal stature within Scottish football? An amusing argument, but certainly a convenient one given your own side are one of the minnow tadpoles at this level of existence.

I think we are all aware that some teams are distinctly bigger than others, within the same competitive level. Even some of the diddies have been adult enough to grudgingly know their place.

what a bizzare conclusion to draw from what i said

unless you are comparing winning division 1 to winning the scottish cup?

what a bizzare conclusion to draw from what i said

Neither are holders of the SPL, so surely their historical success is absolutely irrelevant to their campaigns, expectations, and chances of success this term?

The conclusion is bizarre only because your argument is self-fulfilling horseshite. No surprise to see irrelevant diddy clubs making up the bottom three of SFL1, like the shite cannon-fodder you are.

unless you are comparing winning division 1 to winning the scottish cup?

Erm, no. But nice try at squeezing some relevance from your history of umitigated failure, in the form of a First Division trophy.

Edited by vikingTON

Since 1991/92, 40 teams have been relegated from this level. 9 of these had previously won a trophy of significance, the other 31 were irrelevant diddy clubs.

It's almost as if being a perennial historical no-hoper is strongly linked to being shite in any given modern season. More research is surely needed to prove this.

Neither are holders of the SPL, so surely their historical success is absolutely irrelevant to their campaigns, expectations, and chances of success this term?

The conclusion is bizarre only because your argument is self-fulfilling horseshite. No surprise to see irrelevant diddy clubs making up the bottom three of SFL1, like the shite cannon-fodder you are.

as hilarious as this attempt is , i just fail to see the relevance in something that happened 89 years 10 months 6 days agoph34r.gif to the 2011/12 season in scottish football

i however wouldnt argue that not winning a competition (final appearance) more recently is any more relevant

and here i am not shite cannon fodder wink.gif

Since 1991/92, 25 teams have been promoted from the level to the top flight. 16 of these sides hold a trophy of significance to their name. The other 9 are trophyless diddies. Gretna, Raith, Hamilton etc.

It's almost as if being a historically successful club is strongly linked to the prospects of promotion in any given modern season.

i just fail to see the relevance in something that happened 89 years 10 months 6 days agoph34r.gif to the 2011/12 season in scottish football

Our historical success is part of the reason why we're bigger than you now. It's why we have more money, more fans, why you accept our rejects as your star players, and why we despatch your clubs with some regularity, both in head-to-head encounters and by the end of the season.

The above stats support this. Historically big clubs get promoted (Morton having a Scottish record total to our name), diddy clubs get relegated to the seaside leagues.

Edited by vikingTON

Our historical success is part of the reason why we're bigger than you now. It's why we have more money, more fans, why you accept our rejects as your star players, and why we despatch your clubs with some regularity, both in head-to-head encounters and by the end of the season.

The above stats support this. Historically big clubs get promoted (Morton having a Scottish record total to our name), diddy clubs get relegated to the seaside leagues.

The CURRENT Morton team certainly embody the spirit of the good old team of '22, 6-0 ya fanny, I've still not stopped laughing at your pathetic deluded attempt to talk up a failure of a club like Morton.

6-0 :lol: even East Stirling would've done better :lol:

I think the fact that a Morton fan is arguing with an Ayr United fan over which is the bigger club only serves to highlight that both clubs are diddy clubs.

No?

Erm no. It merely shows that Ayr United fans are delusional and big shots like ourselves like to put them in their place. Unlucky Muggles. :(

The CURRENT Morton team certainly embody the spirit of the good old team

Indeed they do. When they regularly bitch-slap your side and pumped another non-entity in the last round, I can't help but feel a wee bit sad for those who have had to live on such a meagre, meagre diet of 'success', to have had no achievements worthy of the name.

I guess we should give you all a round of applause for still turning up to watch your irrelevant diddy teams: you're sort of like the fans who watched the full game at Fir Park last week.

Edited by vikingTON

vikington all your arguements are rounded up to saying that you are biggier and better than ayr because you won a scottish cup more than 90 years ago well if thats it then we should welcome in east fife and dumbarton

that seems right morton is on par with east fife and dumbarton

I think the fact that a Morton fan is arguing with an Ayr United fan over which is the bigger club only serves to highlight that both clubs are diddy clubs.

No?

i never claimed ayr were a bigger club than anyone rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

vikington all your arguements are rounded up to saying that you are biggier and better than ayr because you won a scottish cup more than 90 years ago well if thats it then we should welcome in east fife and dumbarton

that seems right morton is on par with east fife and dumbarton

East Fife and Dumbarton are much more significant within the Scottish game than Ayr, or for that matter, Hamilton. Unlucky.

East Fife and Dumbarton are much more significant within the Scottish game than Ayr, or for that matter, Hamilton. Unlucky.

more significant in what way, are you saying that morton would struggle to beat them if so then it would be impossible for you to beat us, actually while we're on that subject when was the last you beat us at all

more significant in what way

In the way that they've achieved trophy wins of historical significance, despite their lowly size. As opposed to Hamilton and Ayr, who have acheived no trophy wins of significance, only two centuries of unmitigated failure.

Christ can you Ayr lads not give up. What was meant to be a celebration of another epic Morton fail has been deflected brilliantly by VT into a discussion of Ayr's relative diddyness.

Indeed, we should turn our attention to Morton's record breakingly bad performance in their last visit to the top tier in Scottish football....

I think we should unilaterally accept vikingTon's general position that Morton have the significance he identifies, in Scottish Football, the teams that he identifies that don't, don't, and the posters who he points out are scrambling for relevance are scrambling for relevance.

I have no idea what we do now though...