A great feeling at Cappielow..

Wtf are Morton thinking about letting their best player go for 50k, as a falkirk fan I'm quite happy about it as he won't be playing against us but surely you'd rather keep him for the season and lose him for nothing than sell him for such a small fee.

Wtf are Morton thinking about letting their best player go for 50k, as a falkirk fan I'm quite happy about it as he won't be playing against us but surely you'd rather keep him for the season and lose him for nothing than sell him for such a small fee.

Exactly what most of us are thinking. Looking at it purely from a financial perspective, losing him could potentially cost us more than £50K with how important he was to the team and the increased prize money for the coming season. No way of quantifying what difference having him would make of course, but it's a question that can be asked all the same.

He was always going to be leaving this summer and we're perfectly aware that a League One club is a far more attractive proposition than staying here, but letting him go for so little is disappointing.

Should we be really confused by this?Tidser has how long on his contract and is off for £50KWe sold Higgy to Huddersfield for £125K with 6 months left on his deal.Confused. I thought he was brilliant.

It is certainly very confusing. £50k is probably about right for the sort of player who can't even stand out against a piss poor Rovers midfield. RIP (or RIR) Tiddler.

Exactly what most of us are thinking. Looking at it purely from a financial perspective, losing him could potentially cost us more than £50K with how important he was to the team and the increased prize money for the coming season. No way of quantifying what difference having him would make of course, but it's a question that can be asked all the same.

He was always going to be leaving this summer and we're perfectly aware that a League One club is a far more attractive proposition than staying here, but letting him go for so little is disappointing.

Some Morton fans had us in a relegation battle even with Tidser in the team. Rae could have held onto Tidser and we could have still finished 7th and he'd have left for free.

He brought a lot to the team, but if we bring in a balanced set of midfielders that will step upto the plate then Tidser's goals and assists can be replicated at least if not bettered.

30+ goals and double figures in assists taken out of a decent team last season with the loss of MacDonald, Tidser and Weatherson. Obviously the latter should be a lot easier to replace. I even see the replacement of Dyer with O'Ware as a drop in class as well.

Morton had a pretty good starting eleven last season with one or two who could step up but when injuries and suspensions ate into that core of the team an alarming drop in standard was evident.

Worrying times for the Cappielow faithful and little to attract local non-attendees at the moment :(

I appreciate your budget will/may drop this season but third/fourth place is looking like a good finishing target at the moment. However a bit to go before kickoff so hopefully you can add some goals and creativity to the squad.

Do any of us actually know the details of this 'transfer' ? I'd hesitate to criticise the Chairman until we know the facts.

50k certainly seems a bit of a Primark price for a player as valuable (to us) as Tidser. I've enjoyed watching him over the season and he seems like a model professional so I'd love to see him succeeding wherever he goes.

Is it too late to change the title of the thread... ? 'Interesting times at Cappielow' seems more appropriate right now.

Aye.

What's your point caller? That he scored against us once at Cappielow? No wonder this no-user could only warrant a £50k transfer fee.

I remember his own goal winner for us at the San Starko.

He brought a lot to the team, but if we bring in a balanced set of midfielders that will step upto the plate then Tidser's goals and assists can be replicated at least if not bettered.

Finding a whole midfield of decent players seems just as unlikely as finding a direct replacement for Tidser.

Do any of us actually know the details of this 'transfer' ? I'd hesitate to criticise the Chairman until we know the facts.

50k certainly seems a bit of a Primark price for a player as valuable (to us) as Tidser. I've enjoyed watching him over the season and he seems like a model professional so I'd love to see him succeeding wherever he goes.

Is it too late to change the title of the thread... ? 'Interesting times at Cappielow' seems more appropriate right now.

:o Don't you fekkin' dare !!!!! :lol:

Finding a whole midfield of decent players seems just as unlikely as finding a direct replacement for Tidser.

All we'd need to make a balanced midfield is a defensive midfielder and a right winger.

That's a task that isn't that hard unless you're Allan Moore it seems.

I said last summer the season past would be make or break for Morton. They signed a few experienced players that had won the league and had a few exciting younger players. Even during the season I said they had to get promoted because the older guys don't have another title push in them and the talented young players like Tidser won't want to hang about div 1 forever.

Its a shame because Morton came as close as they have been for years but just fell short and now Moore has a tough job building another title challenging squad which can take a few seasons with a smaller wage budget. It looks like the next 2-3 seasons are a write off with Dundee looking strong, next season you'll have Rangers and maybe even Hearts in the division.

Kallum Higginbotham with 6 months left on his contract - 150k

Michael Tidser with 12 months left on his contract - 50k

Enough said.

Willie Gibson with 6 months left on his contract-100k (at least)

Willie Gibson, double the player of Michael Tidsertumblr_mde5awWBdc1r1gapro1_400.gif

We know the facts: as did Rotherham when our Amstrad chairman declared publicly that he'd accept a price 40% lower than his valuation.

Clearly the mind of a business genius at work.