Who Is The Best Player In The World?

Guest Lisbon_Lion

Who is the best player in the World?  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh the geordie retards are on, probably the same geordies that think they are a bigger club than liverpool! Xabi Alonso is a superstar, too good for liverpool, or gerrard fc as he'd like to think, he can f**k off to chelsea as far as am concerned, cant be a true liverpool fan if he's wanting to give up on being there captain

Thats a bit harsh on Gerrard. Great players at smaller clubs always move onto the big boys one day. You cant blame the man for wanting to better himself, captain or not.

You cant really believe that Alonso is the best player in the world??? :wacko:

course a dont! jus think tht if w**k lampard, and deco are on there then alonso deserves a shout.

Ronaldinho, Henry, Kaka without a doubt the best three in my opinion

Guest Geordie_Elvis

Im just interested to know on what grounds you think Xabi Alonso should get into this poll??

Sureley not based on his l'pool performances...........all 8 of them ;)

Good result last night by the way, Its the Blue half of Merseyside in Europe next year!!!

How do you define the best player in the world? Obviously you can have a best defender, midfielder and striker in the world as they are easier to distinguish but how do you do it for an all round player? For example Ronaldinho couldn't do the job John Terry does and vice versa.

I don't know if that makes any sense but I don't know how you can have a best player in the world :blink:

Guest Geordie_Elvis
How do you define the best player in the world? Obviously you can have a best defender, midfielder and striker in the world as they are easier to distinguish but how do you do it for an all round player? For example Ronaldinho couldn't do the job John Terry does and vice versa.

I don't know if that makes any sense but I don't know how you can have a best player in the world :blink:

I know exactly what your saying because the shortlist for world footballer of the year this year was 3 attackers, if you wanted to break it down tho..............

GK: Shay GIVEN ;)

DF: John TERRY

MD: RONALDINHO

ST: Andriy SHEVCHENKO

I know exactly what your saying because the shortlist for world footballer of the year this year was 3 attackers, if you wanted to break it down tho..............

GK: Shay GIVEN ;)

DF: John TERRY

MD: RONALDINHO

ST: Andriy SHEVCHENKO

John Terry isn't even the best defender in London, never mind the world!

Ronaldinho isn't really a midfielder.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
John Terry isn't even the best defender in London, never mind the world!

Ronaldinho isn't really a midfielder.

Well he isnt an out an out striker either and im not gonna have a best attacking midfielder/best normal midfielder and best defensive midfielder!!!

And b*ll*x to the john terry comment, he is by far and away the best in the premier league and europe and in my opinion the world.

And I dont even like the guy!

And b*ll*x to the john terry comment, he is by far and away the best in the premier league and europe and in my opinion the world.

And I dont even like the guy!

Yeah right!

Why is it that he doesn't get in the England team? Terry is good, but not great.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Yeah right!

Why is it that he doesn't get in the England team? Terry is good, but not great.

Name me 3 better defenders in the world then??

Obviously you have somethin against Terry because like I said I think hes a c*nt but I would love it if he signed for the toon.

Name me 3 better defenders in the world then??

Obviously you have somethin against Terry because like I said I think hes a c*nt but I would love it if he signed for the toon.

I'll name more than 3.

Sol Campbell

Rio Ferdinand

Jaap Stam

Alessandro Nesta

Lilian Thuram

Fabio Cannavaro

Roberto Carlos.

Roberto Carlos is one of many full-backs better at their job than Terry is as a centre back. You wouldn't want to compare different positions though! Others would include Ashley Cole and Cafu.

I'd even say that William Gallas (yes, another Chelsea player) is better than John Terry.

As a defender, Roberto Carlos is absolutely rotten and part of a howlin' Madrid defence.

At the end of the day it's all about opinion so you can't rubbish Geordie Elvis saying Terry is the best.

IMO Nesta is, and has been, the best defender in the world for quite a while. Lucio of Bayern is also up there I think.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
I'll name more than 3.

Sol Campbell

Rio Ferdinand

Jaap Stam

Alessandro Nesta

Lilian Thuram

Fabio Cannavaro

Roberto Carlos.

Campbell is too injury prone and slow.

Ferdinand is class but prone to the odd mistake.

for Stam read Campbell.

for Nesta read Ferdinand.

Thuram past it.

Cannavaro is mediocre.

Carlos is the best ATTACKING full back in the world but defensivley average.

This started as a post where people were naming their personal choices, IMO Terry is the best in the business and if I was a club boss with unlimited funds then he would be the one that I would go for....thats all I was trying to say.

Campbell is too injury prone and slow.

Ferdinand is class but prone to the odd mistake.

for Stam read Campbell.

for Nesta read Ferdinand.

Thuram past it.

Cannavaro is mediocre.

Carlos is the best ATTACKING full back in the world but defensivley average.

This started as a post where people were naming their personal choices, IMO Terry is the best in the business and if I was a club boss with unlimited funds then he would be the one that I would go for....thats all I was trying to say.

I would agree that there is not a better defender in Britain than John Terry, as to whether he is the best defender in the world, that is another thing all together?

He is certainly not the best player in the world.

On form Ronaldhino IMO is the best most exciting player in the world.

More recently Ronaldo & Zidane were right up there, and Cafu was a fantastic player at his peak.

Maldini in his prime was fantastic, as was Zola still probably the best foreigner to have graced these shores, along with Cantona (Manx Twat ;) ).

You could talk all day about it, it is a purely personal thing I'm afraid.

Archived