Sfc Website Wars!

This is all getting a little out of hand now lads! I couldn't give a monkeys if SPR makes a pound out of his website and I fail to see what the problem is if he does make a little. I doubt we are talking about a lot more than a bit of loose change and he is hardly likely to buy a villa in Spain from the proceeds. Might stop him sneaking though :lol: (only joking SPR) As a fan all that interests me is the quality of the site.

I mean it would not surprise me if the likes of Gary and Colin have their own personal reasons <_< for running the official site and that would be fair enough as well. Perhaps Gary or Colin are hoping to break into some type of media work in the future which would no doubt have financial benefits.

Best of luck to Calum with the revamped Bandstand website. I hope it is a success! :D

I think the reality of the situation is that anyone who puts real serious hours into something like this deserves whatever comes there way. All this childish bickering about each site is just making Stranraer as a whole look bad.

Guest Stranraer_Mad

Aye tuck you're right it's getting more like thon ice cream van wars by the day. Just waiting for the petrol bomb through ma windae now... :lol:

WHitttttttttt!!!!!!!

We just do website design as a hobby and make no money whatsoever on it. It's always been the case. I wanted to get a job in web design but no degree so that's that f@cked.

Continued to design websites myself and then took on football ones eventually ending in the Official Stranraer Website. I do it for the love of the football club town I was born in and try to give Stranraer supporters everywhere as much information on the club I can.

Could quite easily give up doing the site because of the time I spend on it but I enjoy the people I meet at games doing the reporting and also enjoy making up new pages for the site.

WHitttttttttt!!!!!!!

We just do website design as a hobby and make no money whatsoever on it.  It's always been the case.  I wanted to get a job in web design but no degree so that's that f@cked.

Continued to design websites myself and then took on football ones eventually ending in the Official Stranraer Website.  I do it for the love of the football club town I was born in and try to give Stranraer supporters everywhere as much information on the club I can.

Could quite easily give up doing the site because of the time I spend on it but I enjoy the people I meet at games doing the reporting and also enjoy making up new pages for the site.

436342[/snapback]

Oh my god Colin the paranoia is really starting to set in now :lol::lol::lol: In no way was this post meant to be confrontational but obviously you have taken it that way. It seems am even winding you up now when am trying to actually to be decent about things :angel

Nobody ever suggested you were making any money out of it but I was merely commenting on the fact that if the opportunity arose you would need to be a prat to turn it down. ;)

Quite like the whittttttttttttttttttttt response :lol: A lot more thought provoking that the "whatever" comment you greeted me with yesterday. Am hoping you take this in the way it is intended (i.e. banter) but am not holding my breath!

Guest Stair Park Toilet
I mean it would not surprise me if the likes of Gary and Colin have their own personal reasons  <_<  for running the official site and that would be fair enough as well. Perhaps Gary or Colin are hoping to break into some type of media work in the future which would no doubt have financial benefits.

Best of luck to Calum with the revamped Bandstand website. I hope it is a success!  :D     

I think the reality of the situation is that anyone who puts real serious hours into something like this deserves whatever comes there way. All this childish bickering about each site is just making Stranraer as a whole look bad.

436069[/snapback]

Thanks TS

The simple fact is that if each party carried on working on their own sites instead of trying to have a go at them via the internet then a lot more would get done, let the visitors decide. As for Gary and Colin wanting to do media work, doesnt Gary already write for two newspapers? Colin has also written stuff for them too and i would add that the hosting, Domains and forum costs of their site comes to over £400 a year. If they did not do an official site then there would not be one as the clubs attitude to any commercial run website i.e. mad or sportnetwork is poor, just ask Sandy Archibald.

As for Gary and Colin wanting to do media work, doesnt Gary already write for two newspapers? Colin has also written  stuff for them too

:o:o

Totally agree with your sentiments there Calum. Expect to see me lurking around the bandstand in the near future! :D Best of luck

Guest Stranraer_Mad
and i would add that the hosting, Domains and forum costs of their site comes to over £400 a year.

If that's the case then I was wrong to suggest that they were club hangers-on a few weeks back. That's quite an outlay and I suppose for that they deserve something back from the club.

£400 - Yeah fair play to the guys if they are paying that out of their own pocket. I know for sure I certainly wouldn't. Colin's commitment to the SFC cause is difficult to question to be fair - the guy is obsessed ;)

Would your weekly income from the Stranraer Mad site be enough to cover the bill SPR? If so I suggest you forward your pay cheque to the guys this week as a goodwill gesture :lol: You know it makes sense!

If I was having a go I could have done a lot worse.

Also,the only thing I have ever delted is the photo of me!

437020[/snapback]

This is all new to me.Has it been discussed on here before or on another forum?

Just to get my head round it-there is 3 Stranny websites now?

437050[/snapback]

Yup the Fishal one, SPR's footy-mad one and one on the sportsnetwork thats just been started up again!

If anyone is paying £400 for web hosting and domain registrations per annum for a Scottish football website then they are being ripped off and should talk to me :)

We pay a fraction of that for P&B and I don't believe there are many club football websites around that generate as much traffic as we do.

Last month alone we shifted just shy of 50Gb of bandwidth :)

We don't pay £400. Where did that come from? What's this hangers on p!sh SPR.

Explain?????? I wondered at the time who you were directing that at but I didn't take the bait but you've admitted it now. Why is this all dragging on anyway. Get back to the flamin football!!! :blink::ph34r:

The old .co.uk or .com domain which was hosted on webspace that I can't remember suddenly decided that they wanted over £400 for the space because we were so busy. Eh sorry no chance. I think Gary pays less than £100 now for the domain and server space with 123-reg.co.uk

Guest Stranraer_Mad
What's this hangers on p!sh SPR.

Explain??????  I wondered at the time who you were directing that at but I didn't take the bait but you've admitted it now.  Why is this all dragging on anyway.  Get back to the flamin football!!! :blink:  :ph34r:

Erm that was a wee wind up at the time not aimed at yourself. But you're right let's forget all this pish and get back to what's important- the fitba! Let this be the end of the whole sorry matter. :(:angry:

and i would add that the hosting, Domains and forum costs of their site comes to over £400 a year. 

436520[/snapback]

That is where the £400 figure came from Colin. Sort of thought it sounded a bit over the top at the time.

Archived