Rab Strike's Again!

HOMBRE

Once again douglas blunders,let's build a wall and stand behind it so you can't see the guy taking the free kick and then watch it whistle past where you should have been standing,what do these guy's do during training?

Surley that's the end for rab! :thumbsdown

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Once again douglas blunders,let's build a wall and stand behind it so you can't see the guy taking the free kick and then watch it whistle past where you should have been standing,what do these guy's do during training?

Surley that's the end for rab! :thumbsdown

442140[/snapback]

I'm not a Douglas fan, but that's harsh. The guy had done well up to that point, and was possibly carrying an injury when the free-kick was given. :huh:

He should have saved it, it was practically in the middle of the goal although they're saying he picked up an injury before hand.

Is there something in the goalkeeping manual that says it's a good idea to guess where the kick will go just before it's taken then take a step in that direction so that when the ball goes the other way, you can't reach it cause you guessed wrong?

Personally, i think it's a much better idea to be on your toes and LOOK :blink: where the ball actually goes then move in that direction.

Also, nice touch by the Wops, whistling an injured player off the park when he's being subbed. <_<

The guy just looks like an accident waiting to happen. No matter how many times he does something half decent you have no faith that he wont drop a clanger the next time.

Douglas, Miller, Caldwell and McCulloch - is there any doubt that they shouldn't see a Scotland shirt again ?

Can't believe weegie Mcall had the cheek to say "gordon could have moved his feet a bit quicker"when it was a perfect free kick,keeper was in the perfect position for it,if the guy beats the wall there's not a lot he can do,also can't believe nobody had the balls to critisize douglas!

Both free kicks were first rate and the keepers could not be blamed on either.

442257[/snapback]

You can't be serious?Are you telling me Douglas was not standing behind the wall? Every good keeper will tell you to line the wall up at one side and you cover the other and if they curl it up and over the wall then there's not a lot you can do.Chronic!

Fancy Buffon would have saved at least one of the free kicks if they had been at the other end but on the whole I think the criticism of either keeper is a touch harsh. Miller's poor effort had more to do with the eventual outcome. Very good second half performance - same for whole game against Moldova please :D

You can't be serious?Are you telling me Douglas was not standing behind the wall? Every good keeper will tell you to line the wall up at one side and you cover the other and if they curl it up and over the wall then there's not a lot you can do.Chronic!

442275[/snapback]

I take it you're not a 'keeper? You stand in the middle when the free kick is in the middle.

I take it you're not a 'keeper? You stand in the middle when the free kick is in the middle.

442298[/snapback]

I take it you no naff all about football?That has to be the most ridiculous thing i have heard!Was that Mortons bubble exploding in the san siro tonight? :thumsup2

Guest Pompey

I think Douglas should have at least been closer for the goal - however, if you watch it again, one of the wall should have blocked it, yet turned out of the way like a little girl wearing a pink party dress on the way to play with her dollies.

It should not have been near Douglas.

I take it you no naff all about football?That has to be the most ridiculous thing i have heard!Was that Mortons bubble exploding in the san siro tonight? :thumsup2

442378[/snapback]

You watch ANY free kick from dead centre you will see the same thing.

You stand in the middle when the free kick is in the middle.

442298[/snapback]

100% correct

Both free kicks were first rate and the keepers could not be blamed on either.

442257[/snapback]

Spot on! Neither keepers should be faulted for the goals - both were excellent strikes.

Douglas always seems to be made the scapegoat for any goals these days, and so it seemed tonight. However, Craig Gordon faced an identical free-kick, and although he got closer, he still failled to keep it out. Do we hear any criticism of him? No, of course we don't simply because Douglas is the easy target.

Guest gretnabhoy7

As per usual these idiots blame douglas. The guy woz havin a blinder i cant understand how he gets blamed for everything. If anythin the wall wqas to blame for blocking his view. It was a great free kick yet someone has to make douglas the scapegoat. The guy cant win whatever he does. Do you want him to make stunnin saves every 2 mins and then keep a clean sheet for you to admit he played well.

. However, Craig Gordon faced an identical free-kick, and although he got closer, he still failled to keep it out. Do we hear any criticism of him?

The free kicks were not identical at all. The second one was right in the corner of the goal and no keeper in the world would have saved it. The first one was halfway between the centre and the corner of the goal, and in my opinon, should have been saved.

As per usual these idiots blame douglas.  The guy woz havin a blinder i cant understand how he gets blamed for everything.  If anythin the wall wqas to blame for blocking his view.  It was a great free kick yet someone has to make douglas the scapegoat. The guy cant win whatever he does.  Do you want him to make stunnin saves every 2 mins and then keep a clean sheet for you to admit he played well.

442569[/snapback]

Who is meant to build the wall?Thats right the keeper,if he had it set properly it would have covered his left hand post and he would cover where the ball flew in.If he had done the same as gordon there would be no critisism!

And does the fact that it should've been Douglas who has the responsibility of setting up the wall seem to escape everyone defending him too?

442644[/snapback]

At last someone else who can see that he has'nt got a clue.

Archived