Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I canny keep up - is it no the company that owns stuff, or do these count as a 'good' thing ?

The club is the company. The company can legally own stuff. There is a club in liquidation which feels that it may have had it's assets, the stuff which it legally owns, fraudulently taken from it. This is due to the procurator fiscal's office bringing an action of fraud against those whom the fiscal believes to have acted illegal in obtaining the assets.

There is another club whose fans were, fraudulently or not, also transferred over. Some of the players called shenanigans and publicly denounced the new club and refused to transfer thereby moving freely in a tightly regulated transfer market.

UEFA were asked if a club csn be changed into another company, which they can, but UEFA's rules only allow such a transformation if the transformation is not done during a case of insolvency.

Edited by stonedsailor

From the BBC report:

The figures from July to December 2015 were lodged during the hearing, showing an improvement in the club's accounts.

The sheriff said that document "did change the whole focus of the hearing".

During submissions earlier in the week counsel for Rangers, Christopher Wilson, said that those investing in the club "would not stand by and let the club go under".

Delivering his judgment, sheriff Miller said: "It is right to take in to account this fact of the particular nature of the business, its present situation and willingness of those with deep pockets and affection for the club to keep it in business, at least for the foreseeable future."

Should the words I've highlighted not really say 'company which owns and operates the club'???

That really depends if you believe the whole club/company bullshit.

My guess would be that about 95% of non-Rangco fans do not and, deep down, about 75% of Rangco fans also do not believe it.

The Mad Hatter has reduced the squads wage budget dramatically dontcha know.

He most likely has to be honest but they are still losing money somewhere.

I just cannot see where they will increase revenue dramatically next year as I wouldn't assume the difference between divisions in Scotland is that great. Maybe an extra million or so? I really don't know. Given their current wage budget they should comfortably finish in the European places next year if they can improve their quality of player within that budget.

We have known that since the Summer. The amount borrowed is actually less than they claimed they would need, the interim accounts show half year losses down to £500k from £2.89M and we have a group of committed investors who not failed to deliver funds when required.

I am not really that worried tbh.

But now the club /company are now in debt to the tune of £6.5 million. class it a loan but its till a debt.

We have known that since the Summer. The amount borrowed is actually less than they claimed they would need, the interim accounts show half year losses down to £500k from £2.89M and we have a group of committed investors who not failed to deliver funds when required.

135940267611.jpg

O'Reilly?

How can they be investors if there's "no mechanism " to invest?