Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

"Rangers and Celtic have propped up Scottish football from the start and always will"! :lol:

How have the teams in the top flight survived without the other half propping us up this last 4 years?

It's incredible how widespread such a view was and how resilient it's remained.

That discussion is absolutely remarkable. Obviously, the bloke phoning in is thick as shit, but the reception he receives from the panel proves that its members are every bit as bad.

In suggesting that the demise of Rangers is bad for smaller Scottish clubs, nobody takes the trouble to explain why or how this could be the case. Saying that it simply is, is apparently enough.

I think that lots of OF fans genuinely believed that the duopoly benefited everyone else too. Because it suited them of course, it wasn't something they explored at all or devoted much thought to - it was just a comfortable received belief.

The amazing bit though is that even when Rangers' collapse prompted a need for an examination of it, the belief was still clung to, even when it was shown not to stand up. Indeed even now, when Armageddon has palpably not happened, we're still told that our game will be better when the duopoly is re-established.

It's actually weird when you think about it - a mass exercise in delusion.

It's incredible how widespread such a view was and how resilient it's remained. That discussion is absolutely remarkable. Obviously, the bloke phoning in is thick as shit, but the reception he receives from the panel proves that its members are every bit as bad. In suggesting that the demise of Rangers is bad for smaller Scottish clubs, nobody takes the trouble to explain why or how this could be the case. Saying that it simply is, is apparently enough. I think that lots of OF fans genuinely believed that the duopoly benefited everyone else too. Because it suited them of course, it wasn't something they explored at all or devoted much thought to - it was just a comfortable received belief. The amazing bit though is that even when Rangers' collapse prompted a need for an examination of it, the belief was still clung to, even when it was shown not to stand up. Indeed even now, when Armageddon has palpably not happened, we're still told that our game will be better when the duopoly is re-established. It's actually weird when you think about it - a mass exercise in delusion.

Good summation of the phone in chat - who were on the panel, they were nearly as bad as the callers?

Who was the numpty bemoaning the fact there was no longer a two horse race, and that this two horse race was good for Scottish football?

Post Second World War to 1965 was the golden age of Scottish football - for various reasons, and that era is never going to come back - and more often than not it was a two horse race for the title. However, the two horses weren't always the same, Hibs/Rangers, Celtic/Hearts, Aberdeen/Celtic, Hearts/Rangers, Rangers/Kilmarnock, Dundee/Rangers, Kilmarnock/Hearts, which kept it interesting and alive for everyone, as it might be your teams turn next.

Rangers/Celtic, Celtic/Rangers is boring for the rest of us, and I don't see how it benefits Scottish football.

Good summation of the phone in chat - who were on the panel, they were nearly as bad as the callers?

Who was the numpty bemoaning the fact there was no longer a two horse race, and that this two horse race was good for Scottish football?

It was Hugh Keevins - a prince of the bawbag community.

He was joined by Gordon Dalziel, a man that I assume gets such a role, purely on the understanding that he'll make the callers sound intelligent.

I can't believe anyone sentient actually listens to Radio Clyde to be honest. It's made for simpletons.

I couldn't care less what any managers say.

And I'm certainly not interested in anything said on Radio Clyde, for Christ's sake.

It was Hugh Keevins - a prince of the bawbag community.

He was joined by Gordon Dalziel, a man that I assume gets such a role, purely on the understanding that he'll make the callers sound intelligent.

Monkey listening to Clyde?

Surely not..... That's for "simpletons".

They probably have his telephone number blacklisted by now.

I'd say he probably has them on speed dial and is a regular friend of the show.

"Hello panel I'm a yokel and I'm on to talk about Rangers and discuss a relatively unknown point of company law which a city trader friend of mine told me about over a jar of vintage shine blah blah blah"

It's incredible how widespread such a view was and how resilient it's remained. That discussion is absolutely remarkable. Obviously, the bloke phoning in is thick as shit, but the reception he receives from the panel proves that its members are every bit as bad. In suggesting that the demise of Rangers is bad for smaller Scottish clubs, nobody takes the trouble to explain why or how this could be the case. Saying that it simply is, is apparently enough. I think that lots of OF fans genuinely believed that the duopoly benefited everyone else too. Because it suited them of course, it wasn't something they explored at all or devoted much thought to - it was just a comfortable received belief. The amazing bit though is that even when Rangers' collapse prompted a need for an examination of it, the belief was still clung to, even when it was shown not to stand up. Indeed even now, when Armageddon has palpably not happened, we're still told that our game will be better when the duopoly is re-established. It's actually weird when you think about it - a mass exercise in delusion.

Good post.

You're forgetting Kenny McDowell's insightful, powerful and thought-provoking analysis of Scottish football and what the Old Firm and "Rangers" bring to it though:

"It makes it better " - K.McDowell (2015)

Good post.

You're forgetting Kenny McDowell's insightful, powerful and thought-provoking analysis of Scottish football and what the Old Firm and "Rangers" bring to it though:

"It makes it better " - K.McDowell (2015)

Yes, I remember that gem.

Nobody has yet explained to me why the duopoly makes life better for anyone other than the two clubs who belonged to it.

I'd say he probably has them on speed dial and is a regular friend of the show.

"Hello panel I'm a yokel and I'm on to talk about Rangers and discuss a relatively unknown point of company law which a city trader friend of mine told me about over a jar of vintage shine blah blah blah"

That's a really poor effort.

Apart from the prejudice you continue to display against those from rural areas, the bit about "company law" and "city trader friends" doesn't ring remotely true.

I never come out with stuff like that. In fact I'm usually at pains to point out that I've no insight or experience whatever in those realms.

Parody needs that vital germ of truth to work well old chum. I'm afraid that's absent here.