Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

How does one actually manage to become this deluded?

Well he's had plenty of practice at it.

I'd also see it as a marker of delight at last night's result.

It's clear that many of the Rangers fans on here would hate it if Celtic were to lose the title.

It's vitally important to some of them that Celtic keep winning until Rangers do. The alternative would require the admission that our game can be enthralling at the top end, without them.

Aye I'd be really gutted if Celtic lost the one horse race, I'd be inconsolable for months.....

Edited by bennett

Of course I disagree the vast majority of Rangers fans would far rather Aberdeen won it than celtic, , anyone suggesting that 'many' would not is beyond delusion.

Deep down though, you know that many rangers fans on here would rather celtic won it. It keeps the tainted title stuff going.

Deep down though, you know that many rangers fans on here would rather celtic won it. It keeps the tainted title stuff going.

I find it staggering people actually believe this. I have never met a Rangers supporter that wanted Celtic to win anything or vice versa. I expect Rangers to win the Championship and will be reasonably happy when Rangers do win it. I would be doing cartwheels down the street if Celtic were to throw away the title. Unfortunately it is just wishful thinking and they will win it reasonably comfortably but it has been fun watching them struggle

We really don`t

Inclined to side with Tedi on this. Failing to get promotion last year knocked any tainted title nonsense out the water. The lie that rangers could stop them died on it's arse since it became obvious to all that their new club isn't good enough to compete in that league.

Again, the absolute joy we would feel at celtic failing to win the title has nothing to do with anything that has happened in the past few years to Rangers, it is not a feeling that has arrived recently either, it has always been there.

I am old enough to remember going to football games in the 80`s and allthough I detest Aberdeen I was happy as feck when they stopped celtic winning it, I was also just as gutted when Albert Kidd stopped Hearts from winning it.

Again, I was agreeing with you. The point about tainted titles was just to show dave that even if this had previously been an issue it certainly isn't anymore. After last seasons performance the very notion is laughable as I'm sure you'll agree.

Again, the absolute joy we would feel at celtic failing to win the title has nothing to do with anything that has happened in the past few years to Rangers, it is not a feeling that has arrived recently either, it has always been there.

I am old enough to remember going to football games in the 80`s and allthough I detest Aberdeen I was happy as feck when they stopped celtic winning it, I was also just as gutted when Albert Kidd stopped Hearts from winning it.

We beat Motherwell at Ibrox to qualify for Europe the day Hearts lost the league in 1986. Souness himself remarked on it saying he couldn't understand why Rangers fans were so down that day after guaranteeing European competition the following season. To this day I remember sitting head in hands on our supporters bus listening to the radio as Dundee scored those late goals.

How does one actually manage to become this deluded?

I haven't visited the BRALT for quite a while and thought I'd have a wee look.

Can one of the regulars tell me if this level of irony is now standard or have I stumbled upon it by luck?

We beat Motherwell at Ibrox to qualify for Europe the day Hearts lost the league in 1986. Souness himself remarked on it saying he couldn't understand why Rangers fans were so down that day after guaranteeing European competition the following season. To this day I remember sitting head in hands on our supporters bus listening to the radio as Dundee scored those late goals.

I was gutted that day too.

The situation has changed hugely though.

Youngsy for one, would be distraught were Celtic to blow it and I don't think he'd be alone among the Rangers contingent in that.

Only the diddies could experience unalloyed joy.

New Rangers as a club will obviously want the duopoly of the past to continue even if that means hoping sellick remain dominant while they struggle to gain promotion.

I really doubt there's any Rangers supporter that actually wants them to win it though.

Pretty ludicrous suggestion tbh.

No but even if it was the case. You have made an assumption on the views of the majority of the rangers support on one posters opinion

No I've not. I'm more careful with my words than that.

I said "many". At no point do I mention "the majority of the Rangers support", or use words to that effect.

No I've not. I'm more careful with my words than that.

I said "many". At no point do I mention "the majority of the Rangers support", or use words to that effect.

Where is your back up of this many? So far you have one poster who allegedly has said so and when other rangers posters have stated this is not the case you have constantly used his stance as a point of reference