Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It doesn't imply that, it implies nothing about non-rangers fans at all.

Have you misunderstood or are you simply being a good sport and giving us an example of an illogical/dishonest post intended to annoy?

?

Christ on a bike......

It was you that green dotted it?  You are either a Tom McB alias or he had better look over his shoulder as you could soon be taking his title.

Did he? So is that Bear in Sweden officially P&B's resident homophobe?

But what did they do to save it?

All I hear is that they just saved it, not how they done it, they apparently just did.

Donations I believe, and everyone who donated got their name printed on this strip.

jamiewalkerheartsstrip_6.jpg

First of all, thanks for taking the time to answer my earlier questions. My replies are in bold.

You have already been told that the RFFF paid the small creditors, you have also been told that the footballing debt was paid as part of the deal to have the membership transferred from oldco to newco.

Yes I have been "told" on here, but I have yet to see the proof. The one off repayment stories, whilst admirable and heart-warming don't do much to instil faith however. Also, why just the "footballing debt" to be transferred, why not all the other debt too? Who made this "deal" in the first place?

Have you been away or something? Craig Whyte is up on fraud charges, every Rangers fan i know wants to see him go down.  On the other side many non Rangers fans describe CW as a 'hero' and would like to see him get off scot free, what would you say to them?

I (and every non Old Firm fan I know) don't see CW as a hero at all, an absolute laughable puppet and a crook maybe, but a hero? No chance. However, one thing that puzzles me is if he did nothing wrong, and RFC were treated unfairly by being liquidated and restarting in 3rd division, then why do you say that every RFC supporter wants to see him "go down"? Surely it should be your fans that see him as a hero, especially if you are now relatively debt free, all as a result of his suspected fraudulent activities? Shouldn't your ire be directed towards the man who should have done his homework before selling up for £1?

Liquidation and administration are not really that different when it comes to debt.  In an exit via admin (Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline) creditors agreed to a deal that saw them getting only a few pennies in the pound, in Liquidation (Rangers, Leeds) creditors did not agree but will still receive something, how much depends on what happens with the BTC but they could well end up getting a bigger % than those who exited via admin.  These other clubs fans did not do anything to 'save their clubs' they just happened to be dealing with creditors who were willing to do a deal, HMRC were not willing, Rangers fan could do nothing to change that, that really is the difference here.

Fair enough I suppose. I don't necessarily agree that other clubs fans didn't do anything to save their clubs, as I saw first hand Morton exit administration successfully, and also hound out (through fanzines and protests etc) our crook of a chairman, who if we stood back and let, he would probably have destroyed our club completely. Rangers fans welcomed CW with open arms, not helped by the MSM who hailed him as a Billionaire etc. and didn't once admit to the gravity of the situation, until it was too late.  

I have no love for DM but he had no choice in the matter, the bank were running the show from 2009 and even had an employee installed on the board, I have no doubt the deal to sell to CW suited him, he certainly was not duped but the bank ultimately were calling the shots.

The bank wouldn't have been "running the show" at all if DM lived within his means and ran your football club properly, would they? For me the blame lands squarely at DM's door, and I suspect CW was simply a puppet to reset the books and get RFC debt free again. DM surely knew about CW's dodgy business practices and past, but perhaps the way it all panned out was the only logical way out of the mess?

Edited by xj2011

You know what is fucking fantastic?

That we survived. That despite all the shit thrown at us we stayed alive. That everyone of any relevance recognizes us as the same club, everyone but the teeth-gnashing flat earthers of P&B, who let's face it, are an utter relevance. That includes you. Get the statutes out and suck it up, diddy.

What a chance you c***s had to kill us off for good. It was an open goal, really. Unlucky.

^^^^heid well and truly gone

Yes I have been "told" on here, but I have yet to see the proof. The one off repayment stories, whilst admirable and heart-warming don't do much to instil faith however. Also, why just the "footballing debt" to be transferred, why not all the other debt too? Who made this "deal" in the first place?

The "football debt" was part of the 5 Way Agreement that would see 'Rangers' squeezed into the Third.

Charles Green negotiated settlements with the relevent clubs in order to satisfy the agreement - some, or perhaps just one of the clubs (?), stated that whilst they regarded their debt with the Newco settled they would chase the Oldco for the outstanding money.

I'm sure a Bear can/will clarify.

The "football debt" was part of the 5 Way Agreement that would see 'Rangers' squeezed into the Third.

Charles Green negotiated settlements with the relevent clubs in order to satisfy the agreement - some, or perhaps just one of the clubs (?), stated that whilst they regarded their debt with the Newco settled they would chase the Oldco for the outstanding money.

Yeah, I seem to recall something like that, but it has been a while since I paid any attention to it.

Why would the Newco be willing to take on the Oldco's football debts in the first place, if they were legally a different entity? Surely, that is an admittance that they were in effect the same company (with a different legal name), and therefore should also be obligated to take on the responsibilities relating to their other debts also?

Go for it.

It was a magnificent riposte to a fucking dreadful post.

:thumsup2

So dreadful, in fact, that the entire output from you and your fellow bears on the thread since then has been as if it was a rule book as opposed to an observation. Benny couldn't even pretend for the five minutes it would have taken to make me look wrong to someone viewing just that page. Absolutely fantastic job bears. Well done.

Yeah, I seem to recall something like that, but it has been a while since I paid any attention to it.

Why would the Newco be willing to take on the Oldco's football debts in the first place, if they were legally a different entity? Surely, that is an admittance that they were in effect the same company (with a different legal name), and therefore should also be obligated to take on the responsibilities relating to their other debts also?

Simply because they would not have been accepted into the league otherwise. I assume it could be written up as transferring the debt as a condition of transferring the membership in an effort to look slightly less phoenixy.

You know what is fucking fantastic?

That we survived. That despite all the shit thrown at us we stayed alive. That everyone of any relevance recognizes us as the same club, everyone but the teeth-gnashing flat earthers of P&B, who let's face it, are an utter relevance. That includes you. Get the statutes out and suck it up, diddy.

What a chance you c***s had to kill us off for good. It was an open goal, really. Unlucky.

But Rangers didn't survive.

You currently support a club that call themselves Rangers.

But it isn't Rangers.

And that is fucking fantastic.

:thumsup2

So dreadful, in fact, that the entire output from you and your fellow bears on the thread since then has been as if it was a rule book as opposed to an observation. Benny couldn't even pretend for the five minutes it would have taken to make me look wrong to someone viewing just that page. Absolutely fantastic job bears. Well done.

Wtf?

SFA or SPL/splf rules - paying footballing debts after an admin event.

Hearts had to pay their footballing debts too.