Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Do you think Rangers fans would actually get behind an idea like that though? Would that not then be the team destroyed? (should a new team be created in England and playing in England).

the logistics would render it unsustainable; bear in mind they'd have four or five seasons in regional leagues to begin with and that north of the M62 corridor senior non league teams are pretty few and far between other than a few in the north east., most of whom draw particularly crap crowds and are notoriously parochial and unambitious

the vast majority of their trips would be 200 miles or so to slog about on a muddy field in a shit ground against teams that no more than 200 people give a shiny shit about; there would be no magnificient procession of unremitting glory against plucky non-leaguers all desparate to welcome the mighty rangers to their humble abodes that'd be stuffed to the gunnels with ruddy-faced children all gawping in wonder at the marvellous circus that'd hit town and the local womenfolk done up to the nines and flashing the glad eye at the heroic travelling hordes; it'd be a dour, shitty, tedious slog massively far removed from anything they've experienced before

that and the fact that we don't want the b*****ds down here, anyway....

Do you think Rangers fans would actually get behind an idea like that though? Would that not then be the team destroyed? (should a new team be created in England and playing in England).

TBH i don't see it being a goer and was just posting what had been talked about recently on some of the forums.

There is an empty stadium i believe and it is pretty run down. The idea is you join at the lowest level and get up a couple of divisions then point out the stadium needs re-developed and start pressing to move this New club to Glasgow but continue to play in the English lower divisions

I visit London on a regular basis and know some AFC Wimbledon supporters. They really did suffer when their club was moved to Miulton Keynes and it has been a long hard struggle for the real hard core support who stuck by that club. I am pretty certain it owuld be a similar situation with Newco in this format and would be very difficult for years to come

It is quite an interesting and different slant on where they will be playing...3 years minimum in Scotland to get back to the SPL or 8-10 years in England to get to the Championship/EPL.

One thing worrying me slightly is that it was an independent committee set up by the SFA who reached this verdict. I'm guessing that the appeal will go before the SFA itself. Would that include Mr Ogilvie? I have a horrible feeling the embargo will be cut in half or worse.

That Lord William Nimmo Smith, must be a kafflick with a name like that!

They have cheated, they were cought and they have been punished. Only fair

Its great that the SFA have dealt strongly with this years cheating. They must now turn their attention to the decade of ebit cheating and double contracts and wipe all trophies won during that time

One thing worrying me slightly is that it was an independent committee set up by the SFA who reached this verdict. I'm guessing that the appeal will go before the SFA itself. Would that include Mr Ogilvie? I have a horrible feeling the embargo will be cut in half or worse.

More likely they'll double it for a frivolous appeal...

They have cheated, they were cought and they have been punished. Only fair

Its great that the SFA have dealt strongly with this years cheating. They must now turn their attention to the decade of ebit cheating and double contracts and wipe all trophies won during that time

A decade long 'signing embargo would seem the only fair thing now that the SFA have set a nice precedent of a year for a year. :)

Nope, he's actually someone linked with a highly dodgy Edinburgh Uni alumni Masonic group accused of all manner of malpractices, especially during the Skye Road Bridge toll protests.

That was what made his damning verdict all the more surprising at the time, but considering that lot's perchance for self preservation, it may well have been he knew an utterly lost cause where he saw it and saw no reasons to lay himself open to censure trying to save it for Brother Ogilvie and co.

John McMillan of RSA...

My link

What this has got to do with Lennon is beyond me. But spokesman for the RSA and complete and utter buffoon John McMillan seems to think he can compare the punishment given to Lennon with that handed to ra peepul. Why can't these morons accept that they've brought shame upon the Scottish game without reeling out the old line 'Ah but Neil Lennon done this...' etc.

poor simple minded fool.

usual crap of blame the ginger kid he's the bad one not ushonest.

If we booted them out the SPL and brought in Morton or Thistle ours probably wouldn't be affected too much.

Same with Kilmarnock if they brought in Ayr.

So what we're saying is... If there were more teams in the league, more people might go to matches? Throw Rangers out and invite in Ayr, Dundee, Falkirk, Morton, Thistle and Airdrie. Then most SPL clubs would make up for the loss of Rangers fans attendance with those of their rivals.

Sorted, I await confirmation of this being implemented soon.