Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Breaking news!

A new bidder has stepped in with more than enough funding to wipe out the debt and allow RFC to continue "as a going concern capable of competing for Scottish and European honours for decades to come". The rarely-interviewed individual stated that "Rangers' global reach and activities match my own ambitions and current portfolios".

This story looks like coming to end soon.

Aided and abetted by

mini_me+intro.jpg

ErnstStavroBlofeld.jpg

This is all about change of ownership of a company. It has nothing to do with the transfer of assets from oldco to newco.

It's not. A newco would have nothing to do with the shares of the oldco. Certain assets and liabilities would transfer if they want to buy them, and the players would be transferred across under TUPE. IIRC, the employees transferred across can't legally have any worse terms and conditions than they currently have.

I take it we shall shortly be seeing Rangers fans walking away early from Parkhead? And by early I mean the 60th minute, rather than staying until 15 minutes from time as usual.

Strachan again, suggesting that Celtic will spend less if Rangers die. "They might only spend £3m a year buying players from Scottish clubs instead of £8m a year"

That's only partially true, they will be spending less. As they'll have a massive reduction in income, through loss of TV money, sponsorship etc.

Though I can't recall them ever spending £3M a year, within the Scottish transfer market, never mind 8.

its on transfer roumors twitter page.

Well, I'm convinced.

EDIT: Incidentally, does more than one person use your account? Sometimes you come across as pretty articulate, and sometimes as borderline illiterate.

Edited by Gaz

That's only partially true, they will be spending less. As they'll have a massive reduction in income, through loss of TV money, sponsorship etc.

Though I can't recall them ever spending £3M a year, within the Scottish transfer market, never mind 8.

Well Scott Brown wasn't like decades ago :rolleyes:

It was during the Setanta money era though, different to now.

That wasn't the question tho ........Kiddy must be like 10 years old if he cannae mind that far back :P

Well Scott Brown wasn't like decades ago :rolleyes:

You paid that much for him? :o

Any others?

There's a list, the length of a good tattooed sleeve, of cash the OF have exported abroad. Be it to foreign clubs or players & their agents. However, the Brown one must leave you with a good few fingers left on your hand.

Edited by kiddy

It's not. A newco would have nothing to do with the shares of the oldco. Certain assets and liabilities would transfer if they want to buy them, and the players would be transferred across under TUPE. IIRC, the employees transferred across can't legally have any worse terms and conditions than they currently have.

But players would have to sign new contracts with newco. They are not assets that can be simply transferred from one company to another. Their contracts with the old company are null and void. If they wish to stay with the newco then they can under the same conditions but they cannot be forced to.

good to hear chick on the verge of tears.

just asked alistair mccoist is it liquidation. and what does that mean."

well what it means chick is your club is as dead as a dodo.

GIRFUY

Neil McCann's comments after the match say it all about the deluded media sycophants. He was alluding to the fact that some people want to see Rangers in the third division and while that may be a cash injection for the lower league clubs, the teams in the SPL will suffer when the Old Firm fans are not visiting their grounds.

Well, first of all Neil, I would assume that the 'other' half of the Old Firm will still be visiting. Secondly, according to a certain Mr Jardine, the victims in all of this, Rangers, will be boycotting away games. Maybe Neil will come out and explain where the benefits are for other teams if Rangers are allowed to keep their place in the SPL.

I would comment on Charlie Nicholas and his point of view but, to be honest, he is an irrelevance and not worth talking about. Why he is allowed on T.V. is one of the mysteries of the modern world.

But players would have to sign new contracts with newco. They are not assets that can be simply transferred from one company to another. Their contracts with the old company are null and void. If they wish to stay with the newco then they can under the same conditions but they cannot be forced to.

You have obviously never been transfered by TUPE then.

No they wouldn't, yes they are (for a consideration of course), no they're not & I'll agree with you on the last two points.

And as on June 1st (?) the contracts revert to their old inflated value, any Newco couldn't have them (esp in Div 3).