Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This. £295 season ticket and £70 car park plus catering and merchandise spend to watch the Old Firm Truman Show, with every other club as subservient fodder who know their place?

Fcuk that.

See you on the golf course, at a Juniors game, or something less corrupt.

Fully agree 100%. Ill health has prevented me from going to many games this season, I think I managed 4 in total. I always intended to return to the game once I was on the mend but I am now not so sure I want to. I've now unavoidably went "cold turkey" from the Saturday match day experience and I've realised there is other things I can do on a Saturday that also costs significantly less.

If this sham comes to pass I can't justify to myself returning as a full time supporter next year. I know this leaves me open to all sorts of barbs and jibes about my loyalties as a football fan but frankly I've reached a point where I really don't care. The SPL need to give me a reason to return and part with my diminishing disposable income next year and a blatently fixed competition is going the wrong way about it.

Could people also please refrain from posting pictures of Doncaster, his face makes me angry every time his smug grin is posted.

Instead, can we just all use this from now on? its basically the same thing.

52199.6a00d83451b05569e20133edbc8aec970b-450wi.jpg

There was the idea that 10 SFL clubs would take the money and go for it as well as the fact you need to give two years notice to resign from the SPL which prevented this particular dream from going much further.

Ah, ok. Bugger.

I may have missed something here, in which case, I'm about to get whooshed...

... but why on earth would you go support Clachnacuddin as a protest against a Rangers Newco? Clachnacuddin are a Newco.

A Newco who were voted into the lowest tier available for them.

Just to cheer everyone up:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/05/01/rangers-in-crisis-blue-knights-target-ex-scottish-rugby-chief-to-lead-club-86908-23843514/

Rangers in crisis: Blue Knights target ex-Scottish rugby chief to lead club

May 1 2012 Exclusive by James Traynor

brian-kennedy-image-2-264465864.jpg Brian Kennedy Image 2

Pictured: Brian Kennedy

FORMER Scottish Rugby Union chief Gordon McKie is in line to run Rangers if Paul Murray’s Blue Knights gain control.

McKie, who divided opinion during his controversial six-year Murrayfield reign, left to become chief executive of the Hong Kong Football Association.

It is believed the Glasgow-born accountant has been targeted by Brian Kennedy, who joined Murray’s consortium last week.

If appointed he’d take over from Ali Russell who lost his job in February when Rangers went into administration.

The Blue Knights, who are vying with American Bill Miller for control of Rangers, handed in an improved offer to administrators Duff and Phelps yesterday.

They had no choice after their bid at the end of last week fell far short of Miller’s £11.2m.

Although it was described as a £5m offer the actual amount of cash on the table for creditors – who are owed upwards of £40m even without the Big Tax Case ruling– was only £1.5m.

It’s also thought Kennedy may now be willing to consider a Newco route similar to that outlined by Miller.

The tow-truck tycoon is convinced his ‘incubator’, or temporary company plan, would avoid further SPL sanctions – provided it was in place before the end of this season.

Although Murray has always insisted the club must exit administration via a CVA, Kennedy appears to be the one now driving the Blue Knights.

And as part of his plans the multi-millionaire Sale Sharks owner is understood to be keen on getting McKie on board.

Rangers fan McKie previously worked for former Ibrox owner David Murray when he ran his MIMTEC Electronics firm until it was sold in 1997.

McKie took the SRU job in 2005 and was initially praised for steadying the ship by implementing firm financial controls.

But he quit last summer after his decisions caused rifts within the game.

McKie froze playing budgets at Magners League sides Glasgow and Edinburgh and found himself facing a player revolt while clashing with sponsors, broadcasters, supporters and SRU staff.

However, if he is recruited at Ibrox should Kennedy’s takeover succeed he’ll be facing his toughest task yet.

So it seems Murray is now out of the picture. Has he been told by the SFA that his previous involvement with RFC rules him out? Still seems a piss awful situation when 2 bidders get together and can't offer more than a couple of million for creditors. Looks like they're not really taking matters seriously.

I don't think Leeds did get a CVA, the old company is still in the process of liquidation, I believe.

From where I'm sitting, and I'm no expert on this - among many things - I thought the Rangers "experience" is virtually a replica of Leeds, and that Leeds ended up essentially taking a hit for a season and then carrying on as if nothing ever happened. I have assumed for a while now that Rangers will field a team of youth team players/SPL journeymen and almost certainly finish in the bottom two or three. They may well even be relegated. But then they'd waltz the first division in a season and carry on next year all ticketyboo.

Just to cheer everyone up:

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23843514/

So it seems Murray is now out of the picture. Has he been told by the SFA that his previous involvement with RFC rules him out? Still seems a piss awful situation when 2 bidders get together and can't offer more than a couple of million for creditors. Looks like they're not really taking matters seriously.

The bidders aren't committed, Doncaster isn't committed, the SPL chairmen aren't committed. Everyone's just waiting to see what happens and hoping they can come out of it without anyone threatening to torch their home/stadium. It's all gonna be just fine.

There's far too much negativity on here at the moment.

Rangers are about to die people...

The best wins and parties in football are those from the games you never expected to win.

If Rangers go bust proper then I'll be celebrating like Brechin have just beaten Barcelona rather than an expected win against Albion Rovers. (trouble is Brechin have lost to Albion twice this season though so even the expected is too nervy for comfort)

The bidders aren't committed, Doncaster isn't committed, the SPL chairmen aren't committed. Everyone's just waiting to see what happens and hoping they can come out of it without anyone threatening to torch their home/stadium. It's all gonna be just fine.

Even the chuckle brothers aren't committed.

From where I'm sitting, and I'm no expert on this - among many things - I thought the Rangers "experience" is virtually a replica of Leeds, and that Leeds ended up essentially taking a hit for a season and then carrying on as if nothing ever happened. I have assumed for a while now that Rangers will field a team of youth team players/SPL journeymen and almost certainly finish in the bottom two or three. They may well even be relegated. But then they'd waltz the first division in a season and carry on next year all ticketyboo.

Yeah, but Leeds' situation was very different from Rangers. HMRC control more than 25% of the debt for a start.

Yeah, but Leeds' situation was very different from Rangers. HMRC control more than 25% of the debt for a start.

Leeds had also already had an astonishing fall from grace - it seems that if Rangers owe the tax man up to 93 million quid, they accumulated that debt to dominate Scottish Football for years, and as a result were handsomely rewarded both for those achievements, and for their resultant participation in the Champions League.

Yet every day we hear how vital the next 24 hours are blah blah. Sick fed up with this. At least I have survival Saturday and a final to concentrate on.

Yet every day we hear how vital the next 24 hours are blah blah. Sick fed up with this. At least I have survival Saturday and a final to concentrate on.

The fact that we've been hearing that virtually every day for two and half months reassures me that my initial suspicion that this was always lumbering towards liquidation and the end of rangers as we know them was correct. Nothing can be done to save them as far as I see it, especially if the double contracts ruling is going to be as massive as we're anticipating. It's just a waiting game now, and with no relegation battle or cup finals to focus on, I'm quite happy to wait this out and enjoy the ceaseless joy it brings into my life.

Leeds had also already had an astonishing fall from grace

However, after the last few seasons of rebuilding and still not back to their original strength, they'd still probably challenge Celtic for the SPL title just now if they were up here. The current Rangers squad would struggle in the Championship, never mind the Premier League.