Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

And one more thing - it all seems to have gone quiet from the politicians. Why?

A few months back they were falling over themselves to back this "Scottish institution"

Whatever could have changed their minds?

Ah but, everybody knows they've been closing institutions down ever since the introduction of Care in the Community in the 90s

Cosgrove I salute you. This needs to be heard by more people. Share the love everyone.

It's a good listen. Cringeworthy to hear Spiers trying to shout down Cosgrove for not having the Irish League stats to hand to back up his point when it was Spiers himself who initially made the comparison. Good work from Cosgrove.

Also interesting to hear Charlie Richmond saying refs want to officiate "the Rangers". When Cosgrove followed that up by saying would he accept Rangers returning to the top by "ripping up the rule book" Richmond said that was "playing with words". Wonder how he would have reacted to a player telling him he wasn't accepting a red card as Richmond's defintion of the rule was playing with words.

If the players agents had been on the ball, most will be able to walk at the end of the season with some sort of package. I wonder if they will soon become creditors to be paid out of the prize money before it reaches the club?

It really is very odd that nothing appears to be transparent. Do we know exactly what fee D+P are demanding? what where the exact promises given to the players?

Why is everything so hidden from the fans and the public?

The only person having had the slightest glimpse behind the curtain has run a mile.

I dont know what the exact deal there was for the replica kits, but was money taken for a certain amount of years ? could that become a debt now?

Really the big tax case is obviously quite a threat and is looking like finishing the club off.

What is the difference between not being able to pay back £50M and not being able to pay back £150M? If the best outcome for creditors is that someone gives them a wad of cash greater than the cash value of assets then that someone will own the club. It should be remembered that CVAs do not necessarily end immediately, the last set of Motherwell accounts included final payments to creditors and that CVA happened ages ago.

EXCLUSIVE!

New consortium is Sam Hammam, Peter Risdale, Ken Bates and that Kebab shop owner who once owned Portsmouth.

when i first saved this thread on my favourites, it was way back on page 50 someting . and guess what you guys were all laughing at ?? THE SUN _ MILAN - I WILL bBUY GERS...seems a long time ago that beauty.

I'm sure they will have enough money to stay in a swanky hotel the night before and travel up in separate limousines

That sthe problem with Rangers ,you could wipe out all their debt tomrrow and they will be back in the same situation a few years down the line .it is the big time Charlie mentallity that is drummed into that club.They are in a league which has a top prize of just under 2 million for f**k sake ,god knows what you get for second?

Are D&P keeping a stream of bullshit going until the SPL pay out the prize money?

Would that be next week after the final game?

Pay all their 'fees' to date and then they can say to the court, sorry guv, but we'll need to liquidate.

Scotland Tonight really summed up the problem with the reporting of this story

John MacKay: but what if a bidder doesn't come in, what if we get to June & they run out of money, what would happen then?

Graham Speirs: well, some players would have to go & Rangers would have a limp for 3 or 4 years

good yin :lol:

Its 1.10am, I'm not long in from work. Missed all the news until just now. I've just found the post that broke the news, page 825.

I have much to enjoy. PS - Most of the pages on 825 are from Rangers fans who have slipped back on here quietly, and appear to be about the voting rights.

I wonder how often I will see those guys by the time I catch up.

Scotland Tonight really summed up the problem with the reporting of this story

John MacKay: but what if a bidder doesn't come in, what if we get to June & they run out of money, what would happen then?

Graham Speirs: well, some players would have to go & Rangers would have a limp for 3 or 4 years

good yin :lol:

Its the classic problem of tv programmes asking sports journalists about stuff they have no clue about - in this case business matters. at least the bbc bring in business editors to offer an insight. Speirs et al have no more knowledge of business implications than you or I. I'd say this about both sides of the argument.

I've had a look at our good friend Mr. Leggat's insane, paranoid ramblings. http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/duff-and-phelps-time-for-action.html

is his most recent effort.

Odds on his next article containing a SHOCKING and INFORMATIVE account of how a group of rogue Celtic fans trying to undermine Miller's attempts to buy the club by displaying crude banners/making crude emails to Miller, or how Bill O'Timothy Miller was secretly an Irish-American and would have RUINED this PROUD and DIGNIFIED institution, anyone?

(also, as an aside; finding out Bill Miller had taken one look at the bids and very rapidly Duncan Bannatyne'd his takeover attempt was a hell of a birthday present! Thank you, Bill Miller, and thank you P&B; reading your comments and mirth make an already immensely pleasing scenario just that little bit more PLEASING. smile.gif

HMRC are in the business of getting the most money. If a CVA gives them more money that liquidation then they will take it.

Surely the re-sale value for Rangers assets (the stadium, training ground, players etc) would be worth more than the 10p of the pound they'd get from a CVA?

I know these assets are only worth what someone is willing to pay, but still.

Surely the re-sale value for Rangers assets (the stadium, training ground, players etc) would be worth more than the 10p of the pound they'd get from a CVA?

I know these assets are only worth what someone is willing to pay, but still.

There are a few more unknowns in this too. Craig Whyte is still asserting his preferred creditor status to the tune of £18m which he could fully enforce during any liquidation, leaving HMRC and other creditors with little more than a pot to piss in. Any CVA will come with a payment to Whyte for his shares too with the rest going to the other creditors, if his amount is substantially more than any liquidation value then the creditors should take it. Obviously HMRC will try and force up the value they are willing accept but there is definitely scope for negotiations.