Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm sure someone will rip Traynor a new arsehole on his phone-in at the weekend.

No they won't. As usual, Jim will pull the plug because they disagree with him and they don't know what they're talking about.

With the BTT and STT yet to be decided, Rangers' debts aren't as big now as they were before Whyte. I know what you're driving at but I disagree that *at this moment in time* that this is an unrealistic bid.

Well, I guess we'll have to disagree! Nae harm done though. (Wee speculation how much someone will have to find to own RFC and clear it with the creditors? I say £40m plus on the basis that HMRC COULD be pressurised into accepting a CVA of 30-40p in the pound vs the option they could raise that from sale of assets.)

The £18m debt didn't go away completely for the club. It was shifted to Whyte's company (the former Wavetower). Though what the present and future status of that debt might be is anybody's guess.

It doesn't matter where the money is raised, pledged or placed, it's what he had in his "pot" to get RFC from SDM at that time.

It illustrates perfectly how out of touch these guys are and how long they have lived in the OF bubble - but to get something 100% wrong like that is impressive.

To any OF apologist in the media, I'd be willing to be bet that if diddy clubs offered the option of cheaper Season Ticket that excluded OF games, it would be a popular option - especially amongst families. The idea that OF are some kind of "draw" to the fans of other teams is an utter fantasy.

There's also the knock on effect on local businesses of a visit from Rangers. Ask any local Chamber of Commerce, and they'll tell you that apart from the local pubs, a visit from the Orcs is a financial disaster because people (especially families with children) are afraid to come into town centres because these people simply cannot be trusted to behave like reasonably civilised human beings. It's as good as a day's trade lost, and with Saturdays being most shops busiest days of the week, it's one most businesses can ill afford.

Well, I guess we'll have to disagree! Nae harm done though. (Wee speculation how much someone will have to find to own RFC and clear it with the creditors? I say £40m plus on the basis that HMRC COULD be pressurised into accepting a CVA of 30-40p in the pound vs the option they could raise that from sale of assets.)

Like you say it all hinges on HMRC. Received wisdom is that they are going to play hardball. They want to make an example of Rangers. Time will tell if that's true.

Like you say it all hinges on HMRC. Received wisdom is that they are going to play hardball. They want to make an example of Rangers. Time will tell if that's true.

Thing is, even if they wanted to play nicely, what is nicely in all of this?

20-30 million to them alone might actually be a hugely generous move by HMRC, but even that is way more than any bidder will stump up for all creditors.

Can they realistically accept 3-4 million? Will that even pay their legal fees throughout all this?

No, I don't say it all hinges on HMRC, I also agree that HMRC will NOT agree a CVA. I personally don't believe that there will be a "successfull" bidder, because I don't see anyone comong forward with that kind of money. I'm speculating that, IMO, any offer that doesn't cover an equivalent CVA deal (say £40m) is not serious. £11.2m to £20m = media fodder.

Edited by Fasda

I don't think the tax people would have been that hard to deal with on the big and wee cases had Rangers not dicked them around so much. Given the circumstances I don't see how they could consider accepting less than what wasn't paid since last May, by the time you chuck in Ticketus and others getting some cash, you're looking at a minimum of £20m to get a foot in the door (and I think that's with HMRC being 'nice').

Really, when you actually step back and look at it objectively, it's stunning the level of arrogance that comes out of Rangers. Their fans demand that they deserve the very best, and will verbally and virtually (in a literal sense) attack anyone who disagrees with them; their manager claims that without them Scottish football would be dead and their Chairmen and BoD are continually touting themselves to other leagues and claiming it's our fault we don't give them enough competition.

I've been folowing this post with great interest as a silent observer for some time,and feel now is the time to voice my thoughts.......

For arguements sake lets just say.......

1. Rangers are allowed to continue in SPL in one capacity or another (old club with monsterous debts or a newco with crippling sanctions)
  2. Any player of value will presumably be sold and cash siezed and used to pay off debt
  3. Other players will be allowed to leave on a free because contracts have not been fulfilled? Or agreements have been made for them to leave on a cut price deal in the summer?
  4. The club are deducted points
  5. The Club are forced to field a young in-experienced side who may or may not struggle?!?

Rangers who many believe the SPL would not survive without, are in a relegation battle...................

What Odds would i get, in the SPL/SFL restructuring the league 2013-2014 because the SPL would not survive without Rangers the following season?

Would Rangers be allowed to get relegated or would they not?

‎"Member clubs are mindful of a sporting integrity aspect but the commercial benefits outweigh that." -Michael Johnston (Kilmarnock FC Chairman)

Ric, quite a serious misquote of Michael Johnston there. I think what he said was "the commercial benefits may outweigh that"

Edited by monrovianmonk

I've been folowing this post with great interest as a silent observer for some time,and feel now is the time to voice my thoughts.......

1. Rangers are allowed to continue in SPL in one capacity or another (old club with monsterous debts or a newco with crippling sanctions)
  2. Any player of value will presumably be sold and cash siezed and used to pay off debt
  3. Other players will be allowed to leave on a free because contracts have not been fulfilled? Or agreements have been made for them to leave on a cut price deal in the summer?
  5. The Club are forced to field a young in-experienced side who may or may not struggle?!?

Rangers who many believe the SPL would not survive without, are in a relegation battle...................

What Odds would i get, in the SPL/SFL restructuring the league 2013-2014 because the SPL would not survive without Rangers the following season?

been discussed a bit back, i recon they would expand the league

Really, when you actually step back and look at it objectively, it's stunning the level of arrogance that comes out of Rangers. Their fans demand that they deserve the very best, and will verbally and virtually (in a literal sense) attack anyone who disagrees with them; their manager claims that without them Scottish football would be dead and their Chairmen and BoD are continually touting themselves to other leagues and claiming it's our fault we don't give them enough competition.

You needed to "take a step back" to see all that Ric - seriously ???????

I wouldn't really say it is even that stunning. We're all used to this kind of chatter from the Rangers fans, the self proclaimed people. I guess you're correct in the manner that they seem unwilling to comprehend the fact that some people are opposed to their existence, or the fact that they shouldn't be in existence at all given the substantial level of debt they have attained.

I'd fucking love to see the individual reactions to some of these slum-dwellers if Rangers are liquidated. That would give me great pleasure. I guess thats why you have the good people at Follow Follow and Rangers Media to laugh at.

Will fat Sally be asking for the names of the supporters who held up the banners.

Yes Rangers fans don't do walking away... they just scare away potential buyers. Well done keep up the good work.

According to Derek Johnstone it was one banner, and it was only a dozen 'purported' fans who protested.

I'm sure in due course they'll be outed as Seamus O'Brian, John Paul Brannigan, Monsignour Patrick Kelly, Michael Quinn ...

The £139m question!

I anticipate they would have to consider changing things around by December of 2012-13 anyway if there is any substance in the 4 OF televised games per season claim. Under any scenario of yours, there's a fair chance that Ranjurs would be struggling for top 6 and so that alleged Sky stipulation would be under threat come the SPL split time.

Edited by Claymores