Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From Ranger Media News -

"Many Newcastle United fans hold Shepherd responsible for the crippling debts and overly expensive running costs that Newcastle had before Mike Ashley’s 2007 takeover. However, whilst holding an executive role on the Newcastle United board, Shepherd saw the arrival of then world-record signing Alan Shearer. Shepherd was also instrumental when the St James’ club captured the signature of Michael Owen."

Never has the word "However" been so hilariously used. It's like saying Harold Shipman killed a lot of people, HOWEVER he could carry off a beard. biggrin.gif

yeah, the reason they got Shearer and Owen was because they were running up crippling debts and overly expensive running costs!!! D'oh!!!!

Kind of funny it's exactly the same, even down to the "I'm no fashion expert" bit...

Perhaps they stole it from you on here.. ;)

I doubt that, but it's possible. Don't know why it's troubling you.

Anyway, any sign of this press conference?

Looking at the way Sheff utd fans feel about this guy, are Rangers just the new Portsmouth? Passed around to one clown after another until the inevitable happens. Their fans would be better forming their own club and waiting for this incarnation to go bust.

Its fun watching it though

The most interesting thing about clicking on that link was discovering that, in general, Sheffield Utd fans seem to have a very similar opinion of Rangers as do the majority of posters on this thread.

"No-one likes us..."

Indeed. And no-one will mourn your passing.

[1st time posting on this thread, thought I may as well make a small contribution since it now comprises about 30% of the internet and is visible from space.]

lol :lol:

Interesting SSN has gone from "Rangers sold to London based consortium" to "Rangers sale to London consortium agreed"

First statement means Done Deal

Second = Still have to sign on the dotted line

It's the Bill Miller thing all over again. Nothing has been agreed, all they've done is give him a period of exclusivity. And we all know how that turned out the last time around.

Either he will walk away or he will buy and asset strip.

H&D said Green was "at an advanced stage". Hardly fair, he's in his fifties - quite young these days.

Anyway, is this the guy? Charles Green.

Add your own punchline.

I notice that, on his cross-channel flight in November 1836, Charles Green was accompanied by Monck Mason! ...spooky but apt.

What happens if the creditors reject the offer? Maybe that's why the administrators cant state definitely that he has taken over? I'd assume HMRC are cool with the quantum because H&D have apparently been in contact with them from an early stage but I wouldnt have thought the figures quoted would have kept them happy, especially compared to liquidation.

It's the Bill Miller thing all over again. Nothing has been agreed, all they've done is give him a period of exclusivity. And we all know how that turned out the last time around.

Either he will walk away or he will buy and asset strip.

As Paul Murray said on Friday, something had to be done this weekend or the club were completely screwed. Seems like this is the last throw of the dice.

So basically not a snowball's chance in hell of HMRC accepting less than 100p in the pound. :D

Yes they will. They will look at the prior history of the new shareholders and directors. (Why do you think they didn't support Craig Whytes fiscal debt repayment proposals?)