Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

aren't they leaving it a bit late for that to be set up for next season ?

Would it be too late for them to "do an Airdrie Utd" ?

Wiki rangers page:

The official founding of Rangers is recognised as taking place in 1873, when the club held its first annual meeting and staff were elected. The first season's fixtures were all friendlies, as the deadline for joining the SFA had been missed

Keepin' wi tradition like.

You would have to think that somewhere in a Golf Club just north of Glasgow a couple of people have been quietly working on the Doomsday scenario and have everything in place for a phoenix club to apply to the SFA for membership and the SFL for a place.

You would think that but going by the way the rest of this sorry state of affairs has been conducted, and the underlying arrogance of pretty much all concerned, maybes no-ones thought of this. :lol:

Has Wee Chick been moonlighting, perchance....:lol:

I thought the best bit about that story was proudly admitting to being pals with SDL members. I wouldn't even have a friend who's a Tory due to the reflected scumminess that entails, let alone a member of the SDL.

Scared to read any of this after hearing Mr Green say that they have a unique opportunity to purchase a football club that will play EVERY year in the European Champions League.

Can somebody please send this guy a video of the 2 Malmo v Rangers games and especially the Maribor Europa league qualifiers from this season.

I was in a reasonably upbeat mood regarding this whole sorry episode and football in general after yesterday and was even optimistic regarding Charles Green buying the club. After hearig just 1 interview i now have major worries about how much he has looked into this.

What i cant understand is how so many absolute clueless fuckwits manage to make so much money in business that they can afford to take on the debt ridden Rangers

I think this Green character might well by mentally unstable.

Talk of raising a billion quid is utterly preposterous in the context of ANY football club. To make noises about this in respect of Rangers is delusional slabbering of flabbergasting proportions.

The guy is either seriously unwell or has monumental sense of irony.

Having just stumbled across this....

But Green, who claimed he was "mad" to buy the troubled club

....it would seem that he retains a degree of insight.

I'm confused though (perhaps not quite to the same degree as Mr Green), but I thought he was only one of 20 or so 'investors' involved in this scam? Has he actually bought this club? Does he know what he's done? He's also rambling on about his concerns surrounding the potentially irrrational actions of Rangers supporters in this consortium. Oh well, that sounds like a cohesive bunch :rolleyes:

I think he planned his exit strategy before he entered, TBH: diminished responsiblity.

*edit: typo*

Edited by Drooper

I thought the best bit about that story was proudly admitting to being pals with SDL members. I wouldn't even have a friend who's a Tory due to the reflected scumminess that entails, let alone a member of the SDL.

He is not a friend...I meet all kinds of people driving the taxis..even an 80 year old woman that gets the train to Ayrshire every 2nd week to watch Killie..She gives me an ear bashing about Rangers 'stealing' Boyd and especially Naismith everytime i pick her up.

even an 80 year old woman that gets the train to Ayrshire every 2nd week to watch Killie..She gives me an ear bashing about Rangers 'stealing' Boyd and especially Naismith everytime i pick her up.

You're one sick puppy, but needs must, I daresay <_<

Green seems to speak the language of Rangers - denial of the fact that HMRC may wish to make an example of Rangers. He thinks they'd rather get some oney back than none.

Him blaming the Global Financial Crisis is bollocks - every other club seems to stay afloat and not overspent ridiculously.

I like his reference to "GOD" in his interview - I hope that is a protestant God and not a Catholic one... for his sake - avoids the lynching.

He seems to think he's paid money for exclusivity - naive at best - do various random investors from overseas really think Rangers is a global brand - god luck in South America. They;ll have to drop any pretense of hate and bigotry to make that message get close to selling.

Scared to read any of this after hearing Mr Green say that they have a unique opportunity to purchase a football club that will play EVERY year in the European Champions League.

Can somebody please send this guy a video of the 2 Malmo v Rangers games and especially the Maribor Europa league qualifiers from this season.

I was in a reasonably upbeat mood regarding this whole sorry episode and football in general after yesterday and was even optimistic regarding Charles Green buying the club. After hearig just 1 interview i now have major worries about how much he has looked into this.

What i cant understand is how so many absolute clueless fuckwits manage to make so much money in business that they can afford to take on the debt ridden Rangers

I watched his full interview last night and the only thing I agreed with was his assertion that a 'properly run' Rangers could break even.

Putting aside my personal views of RFC for a moment, I think that whatever happens to the club in the short-term they could probably still attract 40,000 plus fans to each home game making them one of the two most lucrative clubs in Scotland. As such their ability to qualify for Europe and win cups would continue. I don't think they need the CL money every season to be one of the top two Scottish sides, but they may need it to compete with Celtic for the top spot - and, I would imagine, for many Rangers fans that is an imperative.

Thing is, I don't think Green is in this for the long-term. As I've previously said I think he's an asset stripper. Problem for Rangers is he's the only game in town.

Are we having a Charles Green sweep? Put me down for this Friday.

I'd been thinking a week on Tuesday, but I'm now not convinced he'll hang around that long.

I'm going for this coming Thursday.

Edited by Drooper