Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

From the meeting today. I wish I could've been there, would've been funny as f**k :lol:

The Meeting commenced at 5:30 and ran until 6:50. There was an agenda produced by Mr. Green then the floor opened for questions.

1. Season ticket prices.

Despite no increases in the past three years and the desperate need for money coming into the Club, the prices will not be increased for the forthcoming season. An official announcement will be issued soon. The Ticketus deal is over.

2. Meeting with the SFA/ SFA Appeal.

Mr Keen, our Q.C. presented a strong case why the penalties were harsh. The sanctions were not actually in the SFA Rule Books. He stressed we were very likely to lose players. He spoke for one and a quarter hours. The SFA's lawyer then presented his case. Both Mr Green and Sandy Jardine stressed the panel were independent and not "football men". Rangers asked for a quick decision in order that we may plan what to do next. The panel went away for an hour and a half and returned with the verbal decision, to be confirmed in writing, that the decision and sanctions stand

3/4. Deal Structure/ CVA/ Newco and CVA letter issue date.

Mr Green's preferred route is a CVA. Funds are in place to pay the creditors. On or around next Friday Duff and Phelps will write to the creditors with the offer. The creditors then have 14 days to decide if they will accept. If all say yes, Duff and Phelps stand aside and Mr Green pays the creditors, although he will not yet be the new owner. From making their decision, the creditors then have a 28 day cooling off period in which they can change their minds but Mr Green thought it unlikely any would do so having made a decision. Once the debt is settled, Rangers are out of administration. Crucially, the SFA looks upon things differently, and once the creditors accept - not when they get paid - Rangers are, in the SFA's eyes, out of administration.

Scottish football is working to new rules, so it is vital all is settled before the 4th August - or we may face further punishments.

If we go down the newco route, it is along similar lines to Bill Miller's except Mr Green will pay the creditors now. Bill Miller's idea was to pay them off over three or four years.

Mr Green stressed that whatever happens we will not lose the history or the trophies. The Club was founded in 1872 before the days of incorporation. In 1899, we incorporated. In 1981, we re-registered. All with the history intact. All we get is a different number in companies house against our name.

5. Investor information.

Mr Green was looking into the purchase from 18th February. His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment. The press have found out about Kevin McDonald and Freddie Shepherd and approached them. Both have declared an interest in investing but as yet, have not done so. Mr Green has 5 or 6 people who have already committed to invest and who have paid money to be part of the dream. Some are from the Middle East and some are from the Far East. None are Rangers fans but are football fans. Their dream is to fund soccer academies in the Far East and to see Rangers progress in Europe, where the creation of a European League is seen as a reality.

The company will be listed and everyone will be able to see all who invest. At the moment they have asked for privacy.

6. Craig Whyte agreement.

Mt Green has met Mr Whyte on three occasions and has paid him £1 for the Club. He also paid him a second pound so that Mr Whyte could make a 100% profit on the deal. The thing is set in stone and Mr Whyte cannot back out. Mr Green stressed that anything David Murray or Craig Whyte did should be consigned to the history books and we now look forward.

The floor was opened to questions.

Asked what would happen if one, two or three of our recently called up International players got crocked playing for their country and we could not sign anyone because of the embargo, Mr Green and Sandy Jardine expressed their amazement and anger at how the situation may develop. Mr Whyte pointed out to the panel at Hampden that we had three goalkeepers on our books and asked what would happen if they all got serious injury, would we have to field a team without a keeper? No satisfactory answer was forthcoming. They looked at the team sheets and saw almost 40 signed players from 17 years of age up. Sandy Jardine asked them what would happen if all the experienced players left. The answer was that we still had enough on the books to put out a team. Sandy Jardine answered that you cannot blood a youngster too soon. One bad game and he may be finished. But he told the Meeting the people he was talking to were not football people.

Asked if we should plump for Division 3, Mr Green replied that without Rangers there is no SPL and the other Club Chairmen know it. While other clubs fan may want us demoted, their Chairmen are businessmen.

Mr Green stated that while not a test case, if we were Crewe Alexandria or Arbroath, the punishments would not be sever, indeed there may be calls to assist us.

Mr Green stated that there may be a "year of pain" but that we would emerge from it and regain our place. Asked where he saw us in 5 years, he said "top of the League".Mr Green paid great tribute to Ally McCoist, the management team, the players and to Rangers men such as Sandy Jardine and Jim Hannah who had given so much.

Asked about further investors, Mr Green said that he had held meetings today and would hold more tomorrow with Rangers fans keen to invest. They were, he said, major names in Scottish business - and Bluenoses.

Asked about future players Mr Green reminded the meeting that he had built and sold the largest sports agency in the world and still had the contacts. "who would not want to come and play for Rangers?" he asked.

Lastly, Mr Green stressed that it was most important that there should be no disruption to the Cup Final at the weekend. It would not be beneficial to Rangers

So Green is:

Quote 1) .. definitely NOT the new owner of Rangers yet.

Quote 2) ...definitely the new owner of Rangers.

After this whole Steven Fletcher affair, I think they'll already know that.

Fletcher isn't being picked because he criticised Levein for the 4-5-0 horror formation.

Levein would pick anyone if he thought it would win the game - Boyd, Ferguson, McGregor.

"His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment"

I'm 200% sure that 26,000 people can't each own 1% of something, even with the Seville calculator.

"His idea is to have investors owning from 1% to 15%. All 26,000 current fan share holders will be invited to invest and given 2 or 3 years to fund their investment"

I'm 200% sure that 26,000 people can't each own 1% of something, even with the Seville calculator.

Charles Green and figures are not best of friends - as I mentioned above his 20 investors are now "five or six". I'd have thought even he'd be able to tell if it was 5 OR 6

I wish they'd stop going on about "footballing men" - in general, the majority of "footballing men" are as thick as f**k, and should not be anywhere near any decision making process.

Don't be daft, just imagine how different this whole situation would have been if Rangers had had a good "footballing man" on the board this whole time.

Perhaps someone who'd played and managed in the game, a club legend perhaps...

He'd have made sure this was sorted out.

:whistle

What we need is more footballing men on boards!

You've got to love this bloke Charleton Green.

20 investors, oops I really meant to say "five or six". Is this guy arithmetically challenged?! Which is it? 5 OR 6? These are not difficult numbers to keep tabs on!

It's the same calculator that's used for working out the clubs that'll go bust if there's no Rangers. 5 or 6 diddies will be liquidated if Rangers aren't in the SPL...oops I really meant to say it's none.

Fletcher isn't being picked because he criticised Levein for the 4-5-0 horror formation.

Levein would pick anyone if he thought it would win the game - Boyd, Ferguson, McGregor.

If it is that then that's a far more minor offence than pulling out the squad. My understanding was that this was all down to him saying that he wasn't going to play in just one friendly against NI, never mind pulling out of the squad in general.

Personally I think Levein would stick to his guns but that's something else for the Tartan Army forum.

Usual editing for spelling.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Charles Green and figures are not best of friends - as I mentioned above his 20 investors are now "five or six". I'd have thought even he'd be able to tell if it was 5 OR 6

Are they still anonymous? These 5, or 6, or 20, or (insert number here). I'm guessing that one of the first questions asked of Mr Green at last night's meeting with the SFA and SPL suits was that they needed to know who the people in the shadows were, and for there to be no possible chance that this take-over might be in any way dodgy. In fact, it would have been funny if an SFA or SPL official had stood up and demanded to know 'Who ARE these people!?'

We need to know - isn't that right, Rangers FC?

I preferred the old SFA Macari protocol. Post 78 WC they issued a statement saying that as macari had gone into print saying how he didn't want to play for scotland they would accomodate his wish and he was banned forthwith. Childish but stylish.

Don't be daft, just imagine how different this whole situation would have been if Rangers had had a good "footballing man" on the board this whole time.

I think it should be compulsory to have Sandy Jardine on every board that is gonna look at the mighty Ranjurs - it's only fair :whistle

Tweet from the SFA

@Scottish_FA: Please only come along to Hampden for tomorrow's final if you have a valid ticket. There won't be any tickets available to buy on the day.

:lol: wonder if the hordes of currants will take that advice

I can't understand why FTSE 100 companies haven't latched on to the fact that 'footballing men' always make fantastic business decisions. It's only a matter of time before Ross Tokeley or Michael Higdon becomes the chief executive of BP.

Blue in work excelling himself again today........

Me - "I can't see rangers getting out of this mess."

Blue - "Well, they never thought there would be a black president."

blink.gif

You can tell him there still isn't a black President. He's mixed race.

Are they still anonymous? These 5, or 6, or 20, or (insert number here). I'm guessing that one of the first questions asked of Mr Green at last night's meeting with the SFA and SPL suits was that they needed to know who the people in the shadows were, and for there to be no possible chance that this take-over might be in any way dodgy. In fact, it would have been funny if an SFA or SPL official had stood up and demanded to know 'Who ARE these people!?'

We need to know - isn't that right, Rangers FC?

Charleton Green's six investors can finally be revealed:

Wonga.com

QuckQuid

4CashNow.co.uk

Kwikcash

paydayexpress.co.uk

UKPaydayToday

Charleton Green's six investors can finally be revealed:

Wonga.com

QuckQuid

4CashNow.co.uk

Kwikcash

paydayexpress.co.uk

UKPaydayToday

Pounds to Pocket and Ocean Finance are waiting to see the result of the BTC I take it?