Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Edit: I just noticed that P&B has a "General nonesense" Section - shouldn't P&B move any talk of Rangers including this thread from the SPL Section and put it there in anticipation of Season 12/13?!?!?!

You will have to ask the moderator and 'owner' of the general nonsense forum about that.

So I would suggest you just PM No8. wink.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

Comments today about FIFA being in discussion with the SFA http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18294684

http://www.goal.com/en/news/461/scotland/2012/05/29/3135607/fifa-tells-sfa-to-take-action-against-rangers-following-transfer-

Excellent, I see a solution emerging here.

The SFA will have to hit Rangers hard, very hard, on the ultimation from FIFA. An 'or else' request. The SFA will be sympathetic and understanding to Rangers (or as Jeremy Hunt would put it - with a heavy heart), but they must enforce this for the survival of Scottish football. So probably expelled for at least one year.

FIFA will stand by their guns aggressively.

The SPL won't have to make a decision which suits them fine.

As thanks for their cooperation Scotland and the SFA will get some sweetener from FIFA, maybe hosting a competition? And a few fair play awards. A vice presidency for someone?

Can't be sure what instigated the FIFA interest but I am sure we should thank some Pie & Bovril posters who have made a point of communicating directly with FIFA and UEFA.

Also thanks due to Duff & Duffer in taking their case to the Scottish Courts, which opened the door for FIFA to take a direct interest. We should also recognise the total ignorance from Duff & Duffer of the implications of their action. Some will call it ignorance, others stupidity, others laziness.

And finally those whose help made the case possible, namely the Rangers Fighting Fund. Without their funding the case it could never have gone to court.

Overall a very good day, one which brings us much closer to the endgame. biggrin.gif

Still waiting for an acknowledgement form those FIFA barstewards. :(

Hmm. Football clubs taking court action. Isn't that some kind of outrage? :D

I'd be interested to see a neutral account of that episode.

bury your head in the sand , you plonker, you lot are going down, but your attitude , is we die, you all die What a bunch of idiots you lot are.

we wil be better of without youj lot ,,, please take your sectarisim with you. you sad ,,sad ,vermin

Spartans got banned from the Scottish Cup, and the East League Cup for a single document being improperly signed. That's how lowly a punishment they rate the cup ban.

The SFA found Rangers guilty of...

(Bringing the game into disrepute)

- Failing to disclose Craig Whyte was disqualified to act as a director for 7 years.

- Failing to comply with Stock Exchange rules by failing to disclose Craig Whyte's disqualification.

- Failing to lodge annual accounts by 31st December 2011

- Failing to hold an AGM by 1st January 2012

- Failing to pay HMRC PAYE, NIC and VAT

- Failing to pay Dunfermline by 21st February 2012 for SPL match played on 11th February 2012

4) Not acting in the best interests of the game by failing to pay Dunfermline.

5) Failing to pay Dundee Utd for a Scottish Cup match.

6) Failing to pay the SFA for a Scottish Cup match.

---

As you can see, a Scottish Cup ban doesn't quite add up. Throw in a lost appeal, a civil court and FIFA asking questions and the SFA have only one decision to make. Guaranteed 1 year suspension or there will be a rebellion by the other clubs.

The Spartans issue wasn't even as major as being improperly signed, they simply forgot to put the date on the contract a second time. For some reason the SFA wanted the form dated twice, Spartans only did it once.

And, it wasn't like they were trying to pull a fast one, the player in question had been a player of their's for 10 years.

You will have to ask the moderator and 'owner' of the general nonsense forum about that.

Unfortunately, moving the thread would make the link I posted to here on another (non-football related) forum stop working. If was filled with Man U and Man City fans bickering and then saying that the 'scotch' would want to keep Ranjurs. Altho it was my girl's ID and her thing but I couldn't help myself pointing-oot on her Big Brother Forum that 1400 pages from diddies of all Scottish persuasions and leagues differ on that idea. For good measure, adding-in "Explaining Debt to a Hun" and "Having a Party When Rangers Die" You Tubes hopefully got them up-to-speed!

Edited by Claymores

What amazes me is that when speaking to Rangers fans it becomes apparent that many have adopted the la-la-la-la fingers in ears mode, and rather than educate themselves as to the practicalities, are just spouting nonsense. One I spoke to today was still blathering on about Rangers being to big to fail and that they would form a Newco in England. When being told that such a move was against UEFA rules I was told that I was talking rubbish as "Welsh teams play in England."

I give up. :(

They've had months... years to sort this out and too a man they've all just collectively buried their heads in the sand and accused anyone who has pointed out that there may be a financial problem of having some sinister agenda. It's hard to feel sorry for the supporters, any other clubs fans would have... I dunno organised themselves and actually taken some action rather than this big unfocused attack on all and any 'enemies' that they seem to believe are working to bring them down.

f**k them all.

General nonesense sounds a fave then - No8. can regale us of the mighty Gers and his golf escapes all in one!

Even if the 'perceived' weakest punishment for Rangers is given (ban from Scottish Cup) they will still be f**ked as the CVA is based on them participating in the competition.

Think I've said umpteen times that that's a minor part of a clause which Lieutenant Green and the Mysterons would happily waive. It's not written in stone as a deal breaker as the other provisions would be (getting punted to Div 3 or excluded completely). BIG Red Herring that Jim DelaC twittered that nonesense.

Think I've said umpteen times that that's a minor part of a clause which Lieutenant Green and the Mysterons would happily waive. It's not written in stone as a deal breaker as the other provisions would be (getting punted to Div 3 or excluded completely). BIG Red Herring that Jim DelaC twittered that nonesense.

Yeah but I'm not always on this thread to read your ramblings u patronising tit.

The Spartans issue wasn't even as major as being improperly signed, they simply forgot to put the date on the contract a second time. For some reason the SFA wanted the form dated twice, Spartans only did it once.

And, it wasn't like they were trying to pull a fast one, the player in question had been a player of their's for 10 years.

Keith McLeod. Decent wee scorer at that level by the way.

Oh since the bears are all currently pondering the first team leaving in a few weeks for a pittance due to the low release clauses. How much money can Kilmarnock expect to see for Naismith as he has a sell on clause if I recall correctly?

Bugger all, unfortunately - the clause only kicks in if his price is greater than what they paid for him, and I don't reckon anybody's gonna offer over 2 million to rangers while the sale's still on. If we did get anything, I wouldn't be surprised if MJ gave it to the RFFF :angry:

To be honest, if there's one person who is more than happy to see this dragged out, it will be Div. P&B was already hugely successful and had a massive amount of traffic through it before all of this. As a result of this one thread though, the site is now busy for about 18 hours a day and has had a ton of new members to welcome in the last 3 and a half months. He'll be coining it in!

Div. you better be sending Rangers a bunch of flowers. In fact, hold off for another few weeks and get them a wreath instead.

To be honest, if there's one person who is more than happy to see this dragged out, it will be Div. P&B was already hugely successful and had a massive amount of traffic through it before all of this. As a result of this one thread though, the site is now busy for about 18 hours a day and has had a ton of new members to welcome in the last 3 and a half months. He'll be coining it in!

Div. you better be sending Rangers a bunch of flowers. In fact, hold off for another few weeks and get them a wreath instead.

:lol:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/scottishpremier/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/06/01/SOCCER_Rangers.html

Concern about how the club would be funded after today, when the wage bill rises back to normal levels at a time when there was no gate money coming in, were raised by fans.

However, a spokesman for the administrators claims money is available.

He said: "The funding is in place for the club to operate and function normally until the sale is complete, which should be in July."