Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

The floodgates have opened...

More suckerpunches on the way for "the ppl" in the next couple of days. Despite what's being said in public by Green and the deadly duo there is a very strong chance that Rangers are in danger of ceasing to exist in any recognisable form.

It's beyond my wildest dreams. In years to come it will be like the first moon landing, the death of JFK and 911. I'll tell my grandkids I was there on P+B when the end came for the mighty Rangers.

The end of the beginning of the end is here.

Let's rejoice fellow diddies!

greenie

Personally I'd have a lot of respect for someone who moved to Aberdeen and continued to support Cowdenbeath.

Similar to me then. There's a big difference between me moving to Aberdeen as a Brechin fan (been here a decade) now and someone born and bred in Aberdeen following Rangers (or someone here with no association with Brechin following us as we actually have a chance at winning a league. Unlikely, but there might be one looking for better value for money!)

I'm liking the Mirror's take on the story, I have to say. Useful reality check after the Sportsound suck-a-thon:

Rangers finished: Liquidation next – and 'new club' likely to be voted out of SPL

Crippling debts sound death-knell as taxman rejects Charles Green consortium proposal for continuation

- now assets will be stripped and club likely to have to start again in lower leagues

http://www.mirror.co...-massive-879518

Is this kind of sensationalism just not the opposite to what the likes of Young/Traynor say though? To me, that's just as bad as what they say - I don't see much concrete in that article as, once again, we don't actually know what the next step will be.

Haudit and Daudit are saying that all player''s terms and conditions will transfer over to Newco with no change. Bit of a problem having players on £5-10k a week in Div 3, no?

Yes, saw that on the news. Even the commentator didn't agree :rolleyes:

It was essentially a Take It or get nothing offer from Green, either way he was getting the club.

He will only get the club if his offer is the highest. Now that independent liquidators are appointed his 5.5 million quid loan blagging is history.

Nice try Charlie - but no cigar this time.

Apologies if this has all ready been discussed (I can't keep up with the pages!) but with that prize twat Paul Clark saying that the assets, the contracts, the history, everything will be transferred to a newco... Surely to f**k the liabilities must go to a newco too. They can't just cherry pick the good stuff to take to a newco surely?

Primary, damn few. Secondary, I went to Montrose, so even fewer. My point is though that this "support your local team" is all very well and good, but its a bit embarrassing when you see (say) Cowdenbeath fans in Aberdeen berating OF for the same thing. Also, earlier today, people were saying that even if you support the OF as a kid, when you grow up and see that the OF have some baggage, you should switch team. There are massive double standards at work here.

Or is that irony too?

I took the "support your local team" thing to mean that if you're lucky enough to be from Arbroath you'd support Arbroath. Or (if luck hasn't smiled on you and) you're from Dundee you'd support one of the teams there etc etc Then you grow up, move away because of work/education/love interest/prison sentence and you take your allegiance with you.

As opposed to being born and bred in a town miles away from Glasgow and being an OF follower.

PS - I've always been behind the "support your local team" idea. Now I'm not so sure. Having moved to Glasgow for uni and stayed because of work I find myself with 2 kids and their local team is, er.... rangers :(