Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18417120

This has probably been posted before but deserve to be put again, especially this part,

"The history of the club remains with the club, so the club moves from Rangers Plc into the new company and all of the titles and 140-year history will remain with the club. That was part of the two-stage process we set up with Charles Green all those weeks ago."

If I read that correctly, they would still have the same name, stadium, players and history. Doesn't sound much like the death of a club. Unless.....

#saynotonewco

MY DAY

15.00 Couldn't resist going along to Ibrox.

15.05 Walked to the big blue gates, took some photos, one of a statue of John Grieg who looked to be hanging his head in shame

15.15 Went to end of Edmonston Drive and took photos of the fleet of tv vans with their sattelite dishes and saw reporters preparing ftheir scripts.

15.20 Took a long hard look at The Big Hoose, as they call it, and thought "you b*****ds, it's payback time now for the sectarian abuse I've had to endure from you b*****ds in my lifetime, and I remembered the guy who tried to kick me and hurled sectarian abuse at me for wearing my Morton scarf in the enclosure"

AND I FELT ABSOLUTELY FECKIN' GREAT !

Brilliant post Bud.

Can someone out bid Green's 5.5 million bid for the assets?

Sorry if asked before and not sure who would ;)

Been asked - H&D say it is binding, the other view is that it can't be and only needs a creditor to take a legal challenge that they're hiving-off the assets for sweetie money (which essentially only pays their bill)

Apart from the fact that Gatusso will be nowhere near Rangers next season, that's pretty much what's going on. It's one thing that the lunatic Leggo has been right about from the start - Green is not doing this for any other reason than its a profitable caper. That being said, the same would be said for The Blue Knights, Paul Murray, Craig Whyte or whichever other freak you choose to name. Rangers are fucked. And even if they aren't totally fucked, they're still really, really badly fucked.

Out of all the shady characters to pop up since Minty sold the pup for a pound - only Paul Murray seemed to have any semblance of truly wanting to be involved because of a love for Rangers the footballing 'institution'. Everyone else has been a shyster in a cheap Ralph Slater suit of the highest order. I said this to a Rangers supporting mate yesterday - given the size of Rangers, given their high-profile supporters in business, entertainment, sport.... it's frankly amazing that not one credible, honest, honourable, individual or consortium of Rangers-minded individuals came up above the parapet and staked a claim for the hearts and minds of the Rangers support. Oh well, not my problem.

If it was Hibs for example, I can easily imagine a serious group of bidders from the business world would band together with high-profile celebrity Hibs fans to front a bid and drum up genuine support to save their club. Smaller clubs like my own simply don't have many high-profile and influential shakers and movers with black and white blood in their veins - otherwise our club would have been sold the minute the chairman put us up for sale. Rangers do - or at least should have. Pretty obvious that Minty and Whytey have fcuked them up so badly that none of them want to touch it with a 100 foot bargepole.

ive been taking waves of abuse for daring to suggest rangers might be playing in no league atall next season

its good to make them seething at this time of day, sets them up for a shiter of a day smile.gif

Out of all the shady characters to pop up since Minty sold the pup for a pound - only Paul Murray seemed to have any semblance of truly wanting to be involved because of a love for Rangers the footballing 'institution'. Everyone else has been a shyster in a cheap Ralph Slater suit of the highest order. I said this to a Rangers supporting mate yesterday - given the size of Rangers, given their high-profile supporters in business, entertainment, sport.... it's frankly amazing that not one credible, honest, honourable, individual or consortium of Rangers-minded individuals came up above the parapet and staked a claim for the hearts and minds of the Rangers support. Oh well, not my problem.

If it was Hibs for example, I can easily imagine a serious group of bidders from the business world would band together with high-profile celebrity Hibs fans to front a bid and drum up genuine support to save their club. Smaller clubs like my own simply don't have many high-profile and influential shakers and movers with black and white blood in their veins - otherwise our club would have been sold the minute the chairman put us up for sale. Rangers do - or at least should have. Pretty obvious that Minty and Whytey have fcuked them up so badly that none of them want to touch it with a 100 foot bargepole.

You suggest that an honest Ranjurs minded entrepreneur could have come-in. I suggest anyone with mills sitting in the bank would keep their money sitting in the bank. We can only go on Bill Miller who's financial advisors found a £30mill hole in what H&D told him after 2 days!

I know that the catering at Ibrox was contracted out (by Whyte?) for a lump sum payment, and the catering company put in new kitchens. If this was under a leasing arrangement, wouldn't that leave them open to repossession of the equipment by the caterers? Whit wid Ally dae fur his pies then? And aren't the PA company still owed money too? Can they repossess?

On the matter of season tickets, i'm assuming none can now be sold at this time as the company currently doesn't exist. As such, if any were sold prior to yesterday do those individuals automatically get tickets for any 'Newco'? Also, if Rangers get punted to the third i'm assuming that they won't actually try and charge £300+ for any season books??

Don't really understand the stance of Green or PFA. Tupe doesn't give the employee the right to walk away from their contract. They can either move to the newco or stay at the oldco at which point I'd assume the oldco would make them redundant but they could hold on to them and try to sell them.

Even if what you say is true (that the players can't just quit without breaking their contract, and that their choice is transfer to newco or stay at oldco) then all any player has to do is stay with the oldco.

The oldco won't be able to pay wages once the assets are transferred (what would be the point) and at that point the oldco would have broken the contract with the player, meaning the player would be free to leave anyway, so the same end result.

You suggest that an honest Ranjurs minded entrepreneur could have come-in. I suggest anyone with mills sitting in the bank would keep their money sitting in the bank. We can only go on Bill Miller who's financial advisors found a £30mill hole in what H&D told him after 2 days!

Yes - I understand that, but what I find amazing is that no group or consortium of big hitting genuine Rangers minded people with gravitas even popped up to get as far as Soccerball Bill did. All we got was dodgy second-hand car salesmen.

Any other big club in such dire straits, I'm sure a group of serious bidders would at least have made an appearance - even if they ended up not concluding a deal.

I know that the catering at Ibrox was contracted out (by Whyte?) for a lump sum payment, and the catering company put in new kitchens. If this was under a leasing arrangement, wouldn't that leave them open to repossession of the equipment by the caterers? Whit wid Ally dae fur his pies then? And aren't the PA company still owed money too? Can they repossess?

LOL - the Ranjurs diet! Naismith, Naimoney, Naipies.....

Rangers fans should not believe a word the man says. He told enough lies on TV yesterday to completely screw up what little credibilty he may have had.

He's a shameless self-publicist and probably more dangerous for their club than Whyte was ( .....but not SDM ).

I believe that I'd be speaking on behalf of pretty much every Sheffield United fan if I were to say to Rangers fans: Told you so.

Yes - I understand that, but what I find amazing is that no group or consortium of big hitting genuine Rangers minded people with gravitas even popped up to get as far as Soccerball Bill did. All we got was dodgy second-hand car salesmen.

Any other big club in such dire straits, I'm sure a group of serious bidders would at least have made an appearance - even if they ended up not concluding a deal.

I still think it'd be a helluva leap to buy Rangers even if I had won the Euromillions - so many iffy bits about the toxic place

Even if what you say is true (that the players can't just quit without breaking their contract, and that their choice is transfer to newco or stay at oldco) then all any player has to do is stay with the oldco.

The oldco won't be able to pay wages once the assets are transferred (what would be the point) and at that point the oldco would have broken the contract with the player, meaning the player would be free to leave anyway, so the same end result.

Despite my earlier criticism of BBC they now have a Q&A section that includes a section stating clearly that players can walk:

Rangers in liquidation Q&A

Will the players all transfer to the newco?

Under the Transfer of Undertakings (Protection of Employment) Regulations 2006, all employees have the legal right to transfer to the new employer on their existing terms and conditions of employment and with all their existing employment rights and liabilities intact.

It could prove problematic for the newco to maintain the level of wages currently being paid to players if the club's income is reduced. Similarly, employees are under no obligation to accept the terms of the transfer to the new company and can terminate their employment contracts.

Effectively, this means that when Rangers is liquidated, all current players would be free to seek new clubs and there would be no transfer fees due to the newco. However, there could be complications with player contracts under Fifa, Uefa and SFA regulations.

Effectively, this means that when Rangers is liquidated, all current players would be free to seek new clubs and there would be no transfer fees due to the newco. However, there could be complications with player contracts under Fifa, Uefa and SFA regulations.

When was the last time Rangers played fair with regards to player contracts?

EVERYBODY STOP READING THIS THREAD

And

E-mail an SPL club telling them which way to vote. You know it makes sense.

LOL - any random club?! I recommend kidding-on the Chairman of Ross County you'll cancel ST if he votes in favour of parachuting Govan Utd in!