Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Paul Clark cont: "As announced previously, a liquidator will undertake the liquidation of The Rangers Football Club plc but this process will not begin until the period of administration is brought to an end formally in due course.

Presumably undertaken by the adminstrators?

I take it these guys are being given carte blanche to drag this out yet further?

FFS, these shysters really take the biscuit (and just about everything else on the cake trolley it would seem).

Edited by Drooper

Paul Clark cont:

"The decision of the creditors' meeting has been a major disappointment for Rangers supporters and this was not our preferred outcome as administrators. However, we should make it clear that Rangers Football Club will continue within a new company structure and the club survives and will continue playing football at Ibrox."

comical_ali.jpg

That is until BDO put the boot in and unpick the green deal, kick him in arse and send him on his way.

Edited by The Wee Scot

Are you fucking kidding me!!!!! My old man would be spinning in his grave if he thought i gave a penny of my money to a pub in Methil!!! It will be a bevvy in Kirkcaldy then travel through for the game then straight back out and a wash before heading home!!! :P

Kircaldy? hahaha you 'zee listed' Raith once a member of an Independant Tribunal found against you then Starks Park had to get extra securiy after threats I dont think you're welcome in Methil or Kirkcaldy

Edited by Claymores

Indeed there are. This thread was originally superb for information and banter. However the longer it's gone on the more it's turning into a diddy version of Rangers Media in that if you dare say anything considered to be against the party line you're shot down in no uncertain fashion. Debate, humour and exchange of opinions made this thread. Our own HarrogateBlues' are starting to ruin it.

This thread should be two things.

One is a voice for supporters to tell the Scottish footballing authorities and the other SPL clubs that they should be doing the right thing in relation to Rangers and the newco. I'm sure you would agree there's a fairly wide degree of consensus as to what that right thing is.

The second is a celebration that a club that, unfortunately, has a history of bigottry is getting its comeuppance.

There are certain posters on this thread, and you're a prime example, who have been negative about this issue from day 1.

Some people said the SFA would not impose meaningful sanctions - they did.

Some people said the appelate tribunal would reduce the sanction - they didn't.

Some people said the CVA would definitely be accepted - it wasn't.

I was optimistic about all these things and will remain optimistic about the newco being refused entry to the SPL. I ask my fellow diddys to join me.

Is it a coincidence that all this is happening in the same week that Dallas - the story of shyster businessmen - returns to US screens in its newco version?

When that guy died they said it was all a dream and never really happened......................Maybe that's what rangers fans can say aswell :rolleyes:

Edited by blanco

JKF? JFK ya' daftie. :)

Seeing as how I was in Dallas a fortnight ago - here's two of my pics, taken at Deeley Plaza and the old Texas Schoolbook Depository building. Some place. Eerie, spooky, moving. The 6th floor museum is wonderful....

post-11339-0-41436600-1339680311_thumb.j

post-11339-0-97888700-1339680343_thumb.j

Aye, apparently it looks exactly the same as it did on 22/11/63.......

'Cos Oswald's no there! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Thanks to the late great Bill Hicks for that one)

JKF? JFK ya' daftie. :)

Seeing as how I was in Dallas a fortnight ago - here's two of my pics, taken at Deeley Plaza and the old Texas Schoolbook Depository building. Some place. Eerie, spooky, moving. The 6th floor museum is wonderful....

post-11339-0-41436600-1339680311_thumb.j

post-11339-0-97888700-1339680343_thumb.j

Fuck sake. Dinnae say he's been shot as well.

Are you deliberately taking the pish?

I was wondering why you red dotted that.

I am talking about the Rangers support...The people who actually follow the club and not some neddy wee fuckwit that buys a Rangers top and has a bottle of Buckie permanently gllued to his hand.

I honestly cannot remember the last time there was any real trouble with Rangers travelling support domestically. Times have changed Claymores..I am not sure the last time you went to see an SPL game but at almost every game i have been to recently i have sat before and after with the home support. Not at Aberdeen for obvious reasons and that has nothing to do with our support. They hate us with a passion and would not put my son at risk..Not all of them of course as a well known Aberdeen supporter on here gave me Travelling/ parking instructions that were much appreciated for our last visit north...I wont out him here though incase he receives a backlash from his own support ;)

Not as far as I'm aware. The liquidators will look at the whole process all the way back to Murray's time in charge and including the administrators but by that point it'll be far too late to stop the asset sale. If any creditors had misgivings about the sale price they only need to apply to the Court of Session to stop the sale. Not a single one has done so or threatened to do so. I'd suggest that's because, unlike most of the internet experts, they actually understand the process.

Pretty sure that the liquidators can reverse any dodgy transactions going back a number of years including a dodgy asset sale if they find substantial evidence of it.

One is a voice for supporters to tell the Scottish footballing authorities and the other SPL clubs that they should be doing the right thing in relation to Rangers and the newco. I'm sure you would agree there's a fairly wide degree of consensus as to what that right thing is.

The second is a celebration that a club that, unfortunately, has a history of bigottry is getting its comeuppance.

There are certain posters on this thread, and you're a prime example, who have been negative about this issue from day 1.

I was optimistic about all these things and will remain optimistic about the newco being refused entry to the SPL. I ask my fellow diddys to join me.

There's a difference between negativity and a desire to be realistic GD

Agreed, Arab. Too many on here who don't realise these are revolutionary times, the like of which we may never see again.

It's that sort of thinking which preserves the establishment. Vive la revolution!

Huzza!

They're Dead .ph34r.gif

Mr Green's ambitions for a new club may also be thwarted if liquidators from BDO decide to challenge the asset sale.

Liquidators have the power to unpick any transactions which they believe are not in the best interests of creditors.

No players, No Stadium, No Trainning Ground, No Licence, No Dignity, No Remorse, No class. Stick a fork in it - it's done!

Edited by Pele1922

There's a difference between negativity and a desire to be realistic GD

As GD has just illustrated, it would seem that many of those would claim to have a realistic high ground have missed the mark on more than one occasion.

Lighten up, and enjoy the party, I say!

Pretty sure that the liquidators can reverse any dodgy transactions going back a number of years including a dodgy asset sale if they find substantial evidence of it.

Well they can apply to the court to reduce the transactions in the same way as the creditors currently sitting on their hands watching could apply to the court to stop the transaction before it takes place.

Out of interest, which part of "the assets have been up for sale for at least four months and this is the highest offer" are people struggling with?

Dafc Honours

Scottish First Division Champions – 1989, 1996, 2011

Scottish Second Division Champions – 1926, 1986

Scottish Cup – Winners – 1961, 1968;

UEFA Cup Winners Cup - Semi Finalists - 1968-69

Rangers

ROOOOOOOOOND YE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brechin City Honours:

• The Keith Tournament Winners: 1982-93

i.e. more than The Rangers

(there's multiple second division titles and a third division championship which I could have thrown onto that list but I didn't really need to.)