Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SAY NO TO NEWCO PART II

Surely any re-organisation of the league system would require all SPL and SFL teams to vote on it. In which case we still have to make it clear to our clubs that we do not want a re-structuring of our leagues, purely to benefit the newco. We can't accept this constant shifting of the rules. Any newco can only apply for SFL3 as per the existing rules.

I'm actually for a re-structuring but for the correct reasons. By all means let's have serious talks about it but no changes to take place for at least two seasons.

The argument isnt over yet.

Only if it impacts upon both leagues, i.e. additional play-off promotion relegation between SPL and Division 1. If that were mooted the SPL will reject it; enough of the chairmen have taken the big decision and will not be wanting to piss off their fans by antaganising them on this. Otherwise it is a decision for the SFL clubs alone.

It`s obviously not clear enough to all the brain surgeons and protectors of sporting integrity out there so I`ll put it in CAPITAL LETTERS and even make them BOLD for you all.

AT NO TIME IN THE PAST HAVE I EVER HAD ANY AFFILIATION RANGERS/NEWCO/SEVCO OR WHATEVER ANAGRAM,NAME OR EUPHAMISM THAT YOU ARE CURRENTLY NAMING THEM UNDER.AT NO TIME IN THE FUTURE WILL I EVER HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH RANGERS/NEWCO/SEVCO ETC. HOPEFULLY THATS CLEAR ENOUGH TO EVERYONE.

My rent-a-mob quote stands and judging by the responses already posted who think I`m posting out of some mis-guided loyalty or support for Rangers, the quote is well justified. Try and read between the lines and at least have some form of original thoughts for yourselves befor it gets really embarressing.

I

Please post again as this red only off sets the mistakenly given green :P

Thanks for cheering me up this morning :D

Only 2 things I really want to pull you up on, although you provide do much ammunition I could be here all day;

1. Sporting Integrity basically amounts to sticking honestly to the rules of whichever sport you are playing, most definitely not bending said rules for the benefit of any particular player/club

2. "Rent-a-mob fans"

My club had to recently bring in overnight security and bring in extra police for an end of season match versus Queen of the South.

Why?

Because after our director Eric Drysdale was outed (at fat Sallys request) for standing up gor his beleifs re a punishment for Rangers our club was given numerous threats, from firebombing Starks Park, to causing disruption at the match, even threats of violence against our directors. So I'm sorry but your accusations of us all being rent-a-mob fans doesn't cut any fucking ice with me.

What we are seeing here is more like a revolution where "the people" (ironically that's US this time) rise up against the fat tyrannical b*****ds that have lorded it over them for years, occasionally throwing them the scraps from their table, & guess what, "the people" have had enough, "the people" are revolting!

"WE ARE THE PEOPLE!" ;)

I'm out of greenies, but I owe you one for that last paragraph.

That's a fairly unambiguous No, wouldn't you say?

I can't copy and paste it but the 3rd paragraph from the bottom worries me slightly as it says, "on the current rules". Maybe I'm reading too much into it but that could mean, as others have alluded to, a trade off between SPL and SFL in terms of income distribution and perhaps a play-off spot. Other than that, I'm fairly happy with the statement.

Jackie Mac said on saturday's Off the Ball that he doesn't think rankers 2.0 should be allowed into the first division.

he didn't really say that though did he......

The saddest thing about this whole debacle is that Rangers - their fans and previous owners - could easily have saved themselves by uttering one simple word. 'Sorry'.

It seems sorry really is the hardest word to say.

post-13234-0-12372500-1340712950_thumb.p

Edited by Hedgecutter

Team:Heartsblink.gif

Oh and by the way, I'm sure The Rangers don't owe anything for him...

Tough one for you, but 'pay' is the transfer of agreed money or goods in compensation for goods or a service received.

I'd love it if Vlad told hm to go to 'The Rangers' in return for a cut of what 'The Rangers' will now owe on him as a result :lol: !

Really wish the numpties on the radio and especailly kieth jackson, would realise rangers are not being punished by this no vote and fans are not trying to kick them when they are down. The newco are simply not being allowed to fast track their way back to the top league. This would happen in any other country in the world so deal with it! paranoid f**ks.

:)

I had a laugh at his internet comment too, as if we are all morons who dont understand the situation - f**k you Jackson, if clowns like you did your job in the first place with the whole "money off the radar" stuff about Whyte then a large chunk of this would not have came to pass, so I suppose its easier for him to keep playing the everyone else was wrong when he especially did as much to damage Rangers by doing no homework before publishing articles.

Traynor, Young, Forsyth and Jackson - 4 guys who should not be picking up any sort of wage commenting on football in the future after this.

Want to 'listen again' to this. When was it on? Ta

There really has been some astonishingly astute, pointed, and acerbic yet ultimately well presented commentary and analysis on this thread.

This is all the more brought to the fore when you read the moronic, ill-informed dribblings of the significant majority of the estalished Scottish sports media.

For Traynor et al to suggest that people who use online forums and social media to exchange views and formulate their opinios as ill-informed etc. has to be one of the most outrageous ironies that has emerged from this entire saga.

Edited by Drooper

That's a fairly unambiguous No, wouldn't you say?

I wouldn't say so:

“The board at Falkirk FC strongly believe the current turmoil should be a catalyst for change in Scottish Football. League reconstruction, First Division play-offs, a fairer distribution of the game’s wealth and the ending of undemocratic voting systems should be the minimum level of change.”

“It would be totally unacceptable if a “Rangers Newco” were admitted to the First Division on the current rules.

It reads like a negotiating position to me. This is what we want, and here is a big fucking caveat hinting that we could be bought.

There really has been some astonishingly astute, pointed, and acerbic yet ultimately well presented commentary and analysis on this thread.

This is all the more brought to the fore when you read the moronic, ill-informed dribblings of the significant majority of the estalished Scottish sports media.

For Traynor et al to suggest that people who use online forums and social media to exchange views and formulate their opinios as ill-informed etc. has to be one of the most outrageous ironies that has emerged from this entire saga.

Self preservation. Hunter S Thompson wrote this in 1972, but it's incredibly apt today, I think

With a few rare exceptions... sportswriters are a kind of rude and brainless subculture of fascist drunks whose only real function is to publicize & sell whatever the sports editor sends them out to cover....

Which is a nice way to make a living, because it keeps a man busy and requires no thought at all. The two keys to success as a sportswriter are: 1) A blind willingness to believe anything you're told by the coaches, flacks, hustlers and other "official spokesmen" for the team-owners who provide the free booze ... and: 2) A Roget's Thesaurus, in order to avoid using the same verbs and adjectives twice in the same paragraph.

#InternetBampotsFTW

Hi guys. First post. I see this thread is where it's happening. Just a question, why is it in the SPL forum?

"Old" Rangers still formally hold the SPL share AFAIK. I would imagine that as soon as the actual vote is taken on whether they can transfer it to Sevco (aye right..) then they will cease to own the share. At which point this thread gets moved to Misc Other Football, and the Rangers V Celtic forum spontaneously combusts..

I hear McGregor is off when he gets back from Florida on Thursday...

Sounds as if Besiktas may be his kind of club

The UEFA Appeals Body has today (30 May 2012) decided to exclude the Turkish club Beşiktaş JK from the next two UEFA club competitions for which it qualifies in the next five seasons, for violation of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. The exclusion for the second competition is suspended for a probationary period of five years.

The Appeals Body met to rule on an appeal lodged by the UEFA Disciplinary Inspector against the decision of the Control and Disciplinary Body of 1 May and a cross-appeal filed by Beşiktaş. The cross-appeal was partially admitted. The fine of €500,000 imposed by the first instance is reduced to €200,000, of which €100,000 is suspended for a probationary period of five years.

At the same meeting, the appeal case of Turkish club Bursaspor was heard. The appeal was partially admitted. Bursaspor are excluded from one UEFA club competiton for which it qualifies in the next four seasons, for violation of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations. The cross-appeal of Bursaspor is partially admitted, and the fine of €200,000 is reduced to €50,000 suspended for a probationary period of four years.

These decisions are final subject to an appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).