Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This is absolutely disgusting.

No other word for it and its far worse than just admitting them stright into the SPL.

After the hilarity of last night (John Brown) Im now back to -possibly never attending another Scottish game- mode.

Recap please - what did he say? theres some confusion.

He said at todays meeting, Celtic made veiled threats to other clubs about making life "difficult" should they push through voting change. He also said thru threatened legal action. On what grounds, I have no idea.

Speirs never challenged him on it, MJ is a lawyer and for all he talks pish, I believe him.

but how can the SPL/SFA, whoever is instigating this shambles believe that, aren't they supposed to be neutral, and all things to all member clubs.

The clubs are the SPL so the clubs are instigating this shambles...led by which one?

Because they'll just move the goalposts back again.

it would have been so interesting if both rangers and some other team were going through the exact situation at the same time.

Would the SPL/SFA whoever it is be so brazen to treat one differently from the other.

ehhh probably!

How on earth does this moving the goalposts act as a deterrent to other clubs not to do something similar to rangers.

How about if the so called 5 clubs that could go into admin ! where's their newco parachute ?.If they are correct and there is no newco in the SPL within 2 years these clubs may get into trouble.It would be interesting to see what happens then ? do they treat them like they did for the ragers ? fast track back into the SPL ?

I think the SPL is more like a submarine sitting on the ocean floor. You need to kick us out but you've got to open the doors to do it.

I think the SPL is like one of the portaloos at T in the Park after a weekends use. You just need to open the door to let the smell of shite out.

fans of other clubs thinking this way fair enough

but how can the SPL/SFA, whoever is instigating this shambles believe that, aren't they supposed to be neutral, and all things to all member clubs.

I dare say losing one club is less harmful than losing all the clubs!

They would rather lose any number of small and smaller clubs if the spectacle of bile and hate is preserved, because it is the self proclaimed bestest mosest famous derby in the world, because they have bought into the idea that Scottish football is Rangers and Celtic and only Rangers and Celtic. Because they are arseholes.

I like the idea of a super premier league with just two teams playing each other 38 times.

Edited by aka

At a personal level, these plans are probably a good thing. I decided I couldnt really call myself a celtic fan anymore in the middle of last season. I was thinking it would be hard to stay away in the coming season but frankly, I get the feeling that I am going to want nothing to do with senior football come august this year.

Mon the Juniors!

Your season ticket is £45. Welcome on a full time basis!!!

How about if the so called 5 clubs that could go into admin ! where's their newco parachute ?.If they are correct and there is no newco in the SPL within 2 years these clubs may get into trouble.It would be interesting to see what happens then ? do they treat them like they did for the ragers ? fast track back into the SPL ?

I imagine all of this should/would set a precedent.

The 5 clubs going into administration is bullshit, likely if Sky and league sponsors suddenly pulled out THIS season. That obviously isn't going to happen, so who the f**k are they trying to kid?

Oh yeah us.

Edited by Broccoli Dog

The 5 clubs going into administration is bullshit, likely if Sky and league sponsors suddenly pulled out THIS season. That obviously isn't going to happen, so who the f**k are they trying to kid?

Oh yeah us.

Im still wondering how they can put a monetary value on something, when they could make up the costs in other ways(more tickets sold etc)

This is absolutely disgusting.

No other word for it and its far worse than just admitting them stright into the SPL.

After the hilarity of last night (John Brown) Im now back to -possibly never attending another Scottish game- mode.

Here here! It would be really funny if we all did go and support teams in other leages like FM. Just stick twos up to the sfa and turn the non leage into the new top flight leage. :D

Edited by The Wee Scot

I think the SPL is like one of the portaloos at T in the Park after a weekends use. You just need to open the door to let the smell of shite out.

... and eventually they just stink so much that ticket-holders just take one look and say "f*** this for a laugh" before walking away to find somewhere else to go.

Here here! Theres no chance I'm going to lower my self to supporting teams like forres mechanics. Nothing wrong with them but it's a bit of a step backwards.

On thinking about that, it would be really funny if we all did go and support teams in other leages like FM. Just stick twos up to the sfa and turn the non leage into the new top flight leage. :D

If everyone did follow their local team (as opposed to the nearest full timers) we'd have a far healthier product here.

they first of all need to vote the supposed 5 teams out of the SPL, something that i highly doubt they would do

It may all be academic, ahahah ACADEMIC! Because Accies have said they can bolt.

http://www.hamiltonadvertiser.co.uk/hamilton-lanarkshire-sport/hamiltonaccies/2012/06/28/accies-chairman-doesn-t-want-rangers-to-join-the-first-division-51525-31274978/

HAMILTON Accies have added their opposition to any attempt by newco Rangers to join them in the First Division.

With SPL clubs almost certain to vote again the crisis-hit Ibrox club keeping their place in the top flight, it is believed that Rangers owner Charles Green will turn his focus to the First Division when they put their case to the Scottish Football League next week.

However, Accies chairman Les Gray believes the Yorkshireman will be wasting his time as he doesn’t think ANY First Division club would allow Rangers in, insisting the newco must start from scratch in the Third Division

Since being plunged into administration on February 14 this year Rangers have staggered from crisis to crisis, and their fate is likely to be decided on Wednesday of next week.

Gray said: “My personal view is that clubs in the First Division would never vote for Rangers to be admitted.

“Morally, for reasons of football integrity, I think they should have to apply for entry to the Third Division.

“I have deliberately not spoken to anybody about this because, to be honest, I’m sick hearing about it. But the bottom line is that there is no mechanism for Rangers to be admitted into the First Division.

“Something would have to be changed, which would be a radical alteration requiring a percentage of the member clubs, who would then have to vote on it in a short space of time. That would then have to be put to the other member clubs within the SFL.

“The only possible scenario that I could see would be if Rangers were admitted to the SPL and then relegated – but it was my understanding that Dunfermline were already relegated, so unless they were unrelegated and Rangers relegated instead, it wouldn’t make sense.

“Until we know all the facts, we will simply get on with things.

“We haven’t been asked to vote on anything and unless that changes, we won’t be making any decisions on this.”

As well as Rangers’ application to join the First Division, items on the agenda surround a merger between the SFL and Scottish Premier League, a one-off payment from the SPL, a promotion play-off from the First Division, or a pyramid structure to freshen up the lower leagues.

All of those issues were on the Scottish Football Association’s agenda anyway, having been proposed by former First Minister Henry McLeish in his review of the game.

Gray (pictured left) added: “A play-off is a good idea and something that we have been shouting about even before we were in the SPL.

“I think this is long overdue and maybe it won’t happen this year but it will eventually – it’s inevitable and common sense.

“A play-off would provide more excitement, possibly more TV revenue, better gates and something more to play for.

“If there were two clubs going up last season, it would have been good and given clubs something to fight for.”

The SFL board met this week and pledged to give clubs an opportunity to air their views on the Rangers issue ahead of Wednesday’s SPL vote.

A statement said: “The SFL board met to discuss a number of issues currently affecting our game.

“The three governing bodies will continue to work together over the coming days to deliver a way forward, which will be in the best interests of our game.

“Key to that process will be a full consultation with our clubs.”