Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Hi Diddies!

Neil here to tell you you're all f*cked if you don't allow Rangers into the First Division. F*cked. Dead. Gone. Football is over because we will lose lots of money. Money. It's all about the money, money, money. Honey. Did I mentioned the inevitable FINANCIAL ARMAGEDDON?

I'd like to be a fly on the wall and see what our chairman (a financial advice/consultancy company director) makes of Doncaster's story.

May seem like a daft question but given all the talk of shoddy journalism, are there any journos who have come out of this whole debacle with some dignity? I think Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News has been excellent all along, fair, accurate as it's possible to be with the secrecy surronding the whole thing and apart from being a little bit naive at the beginning is the only person I've seen cover this debacle with anything remotely close to fairness.

I occasionally read the latest nonsense from the Record website, nothing more needs said about them; I sometimes read the Herald or Scotsman website and their coverage has been patchy at best and dishonest at worst. The English press is barely interested in Scotland at the best of times, so Groan, Times, Telegraph etc coverage has been weak.

I get BBC, Ch4 etc here but don't get the regional news so may be doing those at BBC Scotland or STV a disservice, although somehow I doubt it, but it seems that almost everyone involved either has an agenda to push or can't even be arsed doing any sort of actual journalistic research and report on the facts. I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of people who have actually done their job and reported the facts.

Stuart Bathgate had an excellent article in yesterday's Scotsman. Ewing Grahame pestered David Longmur for answers in the Express. Graham Spiers and Tom English have been decent also.

News Archive

03 July 2012

CLUB STATEMENT

genericnews.jpgThere has been a good deal of press speculation in advance of tomorrow’s meeting of the SPL clubs with regard to how each club will cast their vote in relation to the newco Rangers application to join the SPL.

For avoidance of doubt, the club’s position remains as per the statement which was issued by the club on Monday 25 June confirming that the Club will not be supporting the application.

Well done to Saints for coming out quickly to clarify this. I still want to hear whether Steve Brown was involved in the blackmailing of SFL clubs though.

I think Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News has been excellent all along

I'm surprised that Channel 4 News have showed any interest to be perfectly honest. Never saw Scottish football as 'their thing'.

May seem like a daft question but given all the talk of shoddy journalism, are there any journos who have come out of this whole debacle with some dignity? I think Alex Thomson of Channel 4 News has been excellent all along, fair, accurate as it's possible to be with the secrecy surronding the whole thing and apart from being a little bit naive at the beginning is the only person I've seen cover this debacle with anything remotely close to fairness.

I occasionally read the latest nonsense from the Record website, nothing more needs said about them; I sometimes read the Herald or Scotsman website and their coverage has been patchy at best and dishonest at worst. The English press is barely interested in Scotland at the best of times, so Groan, Times, Telegraph etc coverage has been weak.

I get BBC, Ch4 etc here but don't get the regional news so may be doing those at BBC Scotland or STV a disservice, although somehow I doubt it, but it seems that almost everyone involved either has an agenda to push or can't even be arsed doing any sort of actual journalistic research and report on the facts. I would appreciate if anyone could point me in the direction of people who have actually done their job and reported the facts.

It's all in the thread, Swiss boy.

Curl up with a bar of Toblerone and read it. (From about two weeks ago should do.)

Or search for Jim Spence or Mark Daly.:rolleyes:

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceNeil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

And ???.. the SPL broke away from the sfl to make more money for themselves. If they agreed to these clauses then that's the SPL's problem...not the sfl.

How much do the tickets go for now? I went to see them in the early eighties and I think the ticket was about a tenner.

Saw them twice at the Glasgow Apollo in 1980 (Permanent Waves tour), and top price tickets were £4.50. One night in the stalls, one night in a box(!)

Jim Spence@bbcjimspenceNeil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

Im calling absolute bullshit on that. What about next season? If the contracts required Rangers in the SPL then, surely, it would be every season, not just, conveniently, the one after next which, conveniently, would be acheivable if only these guys in the SFL see sense.

Cockwomble :angry:

And thats before we even get into the debate about how unbelievable it is that anyone signed off contracts with that clause in it

Jim Spence@bbcjimspence Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Expand

I would imagine most of this money goes in to the pockets of the SPL clubs? If so then why would SFL clubs care about keeping teams above them afloat?

Why are TV deals we get a total of zero from the concern of SFL clubs? It is a problem for the SPL, they should have told their fans that this was the case rather than trying to act completely valiant and saying "We must protect sporting integrity". Fact of the matter is that it is the problem for those in the top tier and not those in the second.

Expand

My word. If only we had someone involved at the highest level who could renegotiate that amount to reflect the new reality of no Rangers. Say, a Chief Executive of the SPL.

I mean, if someone offered Doncaster £5k for his car and he wanted £10k, would he then write off the sale completely and claim he'd lost £10k as a result?

Grant Russell@STVGrantHutton: "What kind of game are we running here? It is corrupt."http://bit.ly/OhFsxI

Expand

1mgrant_normal.jpgGrant Russell@STVGrantStrong, strong words from Raith's Turnbull Hutton. Says SFA/SPL are threatening and lying to SFL clubs over Rangers http://bit.ly/OhFsxI

Expand

TURNBILL GETS THEM TELT AGAIN !!!biggrin.gif