Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

“Contrary to what some claim, we’re going to do a lot of things we said we’d do and more besides. Things that are not yet public.”

Most of them have been referred to on this thread, Charlie....

The makers of GoalRef and Hawk-Eye goal-line technology have told Rangers they can't use the system next season. Apparently it doesn't work with goal posts made from jumpers....

My apology yesterday has disappeared. I was a bit pished and depressed and can't remember it, something like this.

Here is one Killie fan who would wants to apologise for the action and ludicrous statement of the chairman of my club.

I fear for the future of my beloved Killie and if previous statements are true St Mirren and Motherwell could also face the same situation.

I reckon the chairman is trying to cover his ass if it does go tits up, he blames everything but his own decisions.

If we do hit the skids I would hope Killie fans will handle it with a good deal more dignity that that lot up the M77.

Hopefully all clubs will manage as well as Falkirk did after relegation 2 seasons ago.

Again, sorry for our dick of a chairman. :(

The makers of GoalRef and Hawk-Eye goal-line technology have told Rangers they can't use the system next season. Apparently it doesn't work with goal posts made from jumpers....

This would prove too expensive under the SFA, as their goalposts keep moving.

So let's get this right, Rangers fans who had shares and "other" incentive certificates like debentures lost everything they invested, and are being asked to spend more money on a whim for something they know begger all about, on a "team" that might not even get onto the SFL1 or SFL3 at all ?

I'd be interested to know, in terms of the TV deal, how much it costs per viewer per game for an SPL game as compared to an EPL one. From what I can see the average SPL game attracts around 150,000 viewers. EPL varies between 450,000 and 1.5m depending on the clubs involved.

The EPL nets £1bn a year for about 160 live games. Thats £6.25m to net around 1millions viewers on average-so around £6 per viewer per game.

We would get £16m a year for about 40 games. That's £400,000 a game, so about £3 per viewer per game.

Sounds like a good value deal for sky to me...

My apology yesterday has disappeared. I was a bit pished and depressed and can't remember it, something like this.

Here is one Killie fan who would wants to apologise for the action and ludicrous statement of the chairman of my club.

I fear for the future of my beloved Killie and if previous statements are true St Mirren and Motherwell could also face the same situation.

I reckon the chairman is trying to cover his ass if it does go tits up, he blames everything but his own decisions.

If we do hit the skids I would hope Killie fans will handle it with a good deal more dignity that that lot up the M77.

Hopefully all clubs will manage as well as Falkirk did after relegation 2 seasons ago.

But all the other chairmen are as bad, if just a bit more sleekit. They would surely have voted the Zombie Rangers straight back into the SPL - but the prospect of the bulk of their customers saying 'Do that and WE are walking away' forced them to cast ZR out - only to start coming on heavy to the SFL to slot them into division one and minimise the prospective loss. Integrity my arse.

edit - SFL not SLF. I wish someone would 'Listen'

Edited by Ken Fitlike

Fortunately none of us follow / support our Chairmen. For probably the first time ever I`m in total agreement with ours ( see his statement a few posts back ). The SFL chairmen have been operating with no money for years and years so will be making a vote that is not all about the $$$$$.

For that reason I expect they will take 2 seconds to ditch this 1st division plan which is clearly a disgrace. While they are at it they should demand that the new structure is put in place with the bigger leagues, play offs, fairer voting OR sevco will NEVER get into SFL. Us real diddys have nothing to lose so it`s time for us to get the poker faces on. Change it all now or they will never be back. For me a no lose situation.

A post on RTC suggests Dundee should be allowed to vote, as others are as compromised as they are. Can't argue, really. In theory, all third division clubs could vote for "them" to join at that level for financial reasons. They may also vote against to improve promotion chances. Hopefully, it makes no difference and everyone sees that the club that doesn't yet exist is a non-starter anywhere and the individuals intent on hawking "them" around shamelessly, to the great detriment of our game, are removed.

Said individuals are like many in business who shift around gullible companies. In this instance, they failed to move on before there was an excrement-ventilator interface. Well, that and the behaviour seen as corrupt and completely at odds with their employer's goals.

Edited for typo.

Edited by WBR

There is a little button under the font size....;)

Not on the mobey site.

Anyways, apologies if this has been asked before, which it undoubtedly has but why has it been suggested that Dunfermline play Dundee to decide who joins the SPHell.

Arbroath have finally released a statement...

The Board of Arbroath Football Club will be making no public comment at this stage on the current crisis in Scottish football.

The Chairman and Secretary attended the meeting of all 30 clubs at Hampden on the 4th of July when much information was provided for clubs to take back to their Boards for consideration.

The Board's intention is to discuss these proposals in full at our next meeting before returning to Hampden for the Special General Meeting on Friday 13th July.

As always, all stakeholder's views are important and we would appreciate, in order that we can fully debate the issues and make a valued judgement. Anyone who wishes to forward a view can do so by emailing afc AT gayfield.fsnet.co.uk

These views will be fully debated and taken into consideration as we deliberate over the best way forward for both the wellbeing of Arbroath F.C. and Scottish football as a whole.

So our statement is that we will be making no statement. At least we've got something! I sent my views in, which were basically a 2000 word rehash of this thread. :ph34r:

It might be slightly off topc. But why do people resond to obvious trolling? When halfwits start threads related to the newco situation just ignore them, they'll soon go away.

Arbroath have finally released a statement...

So our statement is that we will be making no statement. At least we've got something! I sent my views in, which were basically a 2000 word rehash of this thread. :ph34r:

Did it occur to you that something shorter might be more effective?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/sfl/2012/07/06/rangers-in-crisis-sfa-won-t-give-sfl-clubs-option-to-vote-newco-into-division-three-says-stenhousemuir-chief-bill-darroch-86908-23905082/

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I've just read it.

If this is the case then it is an absolute disgrace that the SFL clubs are being held to ransom like this. mad.gif

But all the other chairmen are as bad, if just a bit more sleekit. They would surely have voted the Zombie Rangers straight back into the SPL - but the prospect of the bulk of their customers saying 'Do that and WE are walking away' forced them to cast ZR out - only to start coming on heavy to the SFL to slot them into division one and minimise the prospective loss. Integrity my arse.

edit - SFL not SLF. I wish someone would 'Listen'

Think you're being a bit harsh. We wanted the SPL chairmen to vote no to newco and they did. We must now try to support the SFL clubs in their endeavours to stop newco getting into Division 1. That means telling the SPL chairmen that anything they do to assist in any shenanigans will be met by the same opposition that er had previously pledged. This is an incremental fight and it is going our way.