Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

In essence it's a commentary on what most SPL fans, or fans associations think of the whole stinking mess that's been perpetuated by 3 foolish corrupt lunatics who we have the misfortune to be at the head of our football associations.

All 3 should be considering their position now.

in the background, these 3 diddies are scaremongering, threatening and bullying to get Sevco into Div1. And lets face it, who the f*ck are they anyway? They're corporate climbers who don't give a shit about football and would be off like a shot if they could get another leg up the corporate ladder.

What really f*cks me off is that SFL chairman are being blackmailed and bullied by that clown Longmuir, and he's actually their employee. He should be kicked out on his arse at the first opportunity.

Tbh - are we sure they're acting independently? Not directed by some clubs, or their Boards?

1341789113[/url]' post='6411792']

Whatever you think of the whole situation if Rangers don't get into the first all 3 must be considering their position but might be able to divert the pressure elsewhere.

Doncaster can say the SPL made its decision and he put forward the best case he could for Rangers in SFL 1 but ultimately the dcision was out of his hands.

Longmuir can run with the line that the SPL made an offer and he was compelled to listen and let his members speak.

Regan put his name solidly on this with his press briefing that Rangers can only play in Division 1. But would he be a great loss. He has overseen a referees strike, the Hugh Dallas saga, backing Levein and now this shambles along with the on going tribunal/court appeal/general f**k up of the discipline rules. His only success has been a partial implementation of the McLeish report (which was commissioned before he was appointed) and even then there are landmark parts of the report he has failed to put through. He is miles behind Doncaster in the public perception of where the blame lies so might be able to slink away quietly.

If the SPL clubs, or some of them, have been covertly complicit with Doncaster in this latest attempt to save the cheats, then Doncaster IMO is absolutely safe. The SPL clubs who supported this latest farce, and I think there must be a significant group who secretly undermined the whole process here, will be to blame for this clown keeping his job because they can't sack him and he is too brass necked to walk. Should go but will survive IMO.

Longmuir has about turned on a clear statement he made on or about 28th June.(see my sig) He is now bullying his own members on behalf of Newco and the SPL. If he loses that vote, I'd be astonished if he remained in post.

Regan. Played a blinder right up until Rangers went the court of session. I'd be very interested to know how he was turned from throwing the book at them to burying the whole disciplinary process and supporting them for DIV 1. He's been got at IMO and either way he has presided over the farce this has become and not only that, has made it ten times worse. Position untenable no matter what happens on Friday.

1341792228[/url]' post='6411834']

Tbh - are we sure they're acting independently? Not directed by some clubs, or their Boards?

A question for your Mr Petrie perhaps ?

The only SPL club who has commented officially on the SFL document was Motherwell and they were quite clear that they hadn't seen it and didn't contribute to it

Edited by Only A Game !

It's astonished me the frank willingness people have to threaten abandonment of their clubs

Rangers obviously shouldn't have been allowed in the SPL, but SPL fans abandoning their club because Rangers are in the first? Not real fans IMO.

I'm even more astonished that anyone actually believes that the SPL chairmen don't know exactly how this was going to end up.

I said it over a week ago and got pelters here - this has been on the cards for the past month. It's a total carve up - and YOUR board is also responsible.

I will say it again, but only Aberdeen and Hearts (and possibly Dun Utd and Hibs) boards are truly against Newco being updrafted to division 1. The rest are very dubious or just fucking lying through their teeth.

Do you really believe a decision of this magnitude would be left to the SFL?

The SPL knew they couldn't vote Newco back in or there would be a total rebellion, therefore they decided to put the the blame on the SFL. However they didn't realise the SFL were so much against the idea either. So as a final resort the SFA and SPL had to reinvent the rules.

This is 90% SPL chairmen, 9% SFA and 1% SFL to blame. Guaranteed.

Edited by KillieJimbo

Sorry Dumbarton fans but I now wont be attending our pre-season friendly with you. If we lose the vote on Friday the game is fucked and I wont be back anyway. If the vote is won then it has been made a hell of a lot more difficult due to the cowardice of DFC. Doncaster and Regan talk pish. Dont listen to their lies. Stand up to them vote No to Newco. But already too late for DFC it seems......

To be fair is there much difference to Dumbarton fans giving a show of hands to Sevco in D1 when the majority of our fans did the same at the meeting with Gilmour?

What's the odds on next season being a complete & utter shambles from start to......................... whenever ?

For morton aye rolleyes.gif.

sorry couldnae resist dying for a return to normal banter. Even though mines is pish

When are we going to get the appellate tribunal to reconvene?

I remember FIFA saying at the time they wanted this sorted quickly.

I'm assuming its now a fix with only the cup ban being a "suitable" option for sevco seen as suspension or expulsion will mean the death of every club up here and probably half of England too.

1341792625[/url]' post='6411840']

The SPL knew they couldn't vote Newco back in or there would be a total rebellion, therefore they decided to put the the blame on the SFL. However they didn't realise the SFL were so much against the idea either. So as a final resort the SFA and SPL had to reinvent the rules.

They, ( Scottish football's administrators) have called it wrong at almost every twist and turn in this process. They underestimated the depth of feeling and the passion. And what's more they have done it yet again.

THERE IS NO WAY ON GODS GOOD EARTH THAT THE SFL CLUBS WILL VOTE NEWCO INTO THE FIRST DIVISION.

Take that to the bank.

Edited by Only A Game !

They, ( Scottish football's administrators) have called it wrong at almost every twist and turn in this process. They underestimated the depth of feeling and the passion. And what's more they have done it yet again.

THERE IS NO WAY ON GODS GOOD EARTH THAT THE SFL CLUBS WILL VOTE NEWCO INTO THE FIRST DIVISION.

Take that to the bank.

Well thank f**k, a positive post before I go to sleep.

I just can't see how those 30 SFL chairmen will allow these chancers into the 1st.

The meeting on Friday I reckon wlll get pretty heated due to the depth of feeling about sevco skipping 2 leagues and the authorities bricking it about sevco being out the SPL so long.

1341794289[/url]' post='6411867']

Well thank f**k, a positive post before I go to sleep.

I just can't see how those 30 SFL chairmen will allow these chancers into the 1st.

The meeting on Friday I reckon wlll get pretty heated due to the depth of feeling about sevco skipping 2 leagues and the authorities bricking it about sevco being out the SPL so long.

It will be like the SPL vote. The outcome will be known before they step into that room on Friday and it will be a resounding NO. In fact I am leaning towards Newco specifically asking to go into Div 3 before the vote. Doncaster,Regan and longmuir have cut themselves adrift here. Even Newco are embarrassed by it and that takes some doing. Don't worry, justice and common sense and integrity will prevail.

Edited by Only A Game !

Right guys, Monday morning, wee reminder, get sending those e-mails

RAITH (RAGE) AGAINST THE MACHINE

Okay chaps, time for the final push.

Obviously carry on the discussions here, but now is the time to up the ante right up until the vote on Friday, everyone everywhere e-mail your own clubs showing your disgust to the stitch-up and request your club register a 'NO' vote to Sevco. Find the time to do this. Any football phone-in programmes - get on the phone. Show your disgust and air your views to the media. Let's get the corruption stopped.

Most importantly, e-mail UEFA or FIFA. (can someone please put a link thanks)

There is absolutely no point in e-mailing the SPL, SFA or SFL - do not waste your time

Kick corruption out of the Scottish game

Raith (Rage) Against the Machine

http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

http://www.uefa.com/...uefa/index.html

Worst case scenario and somehow the warped and corrupt powers that be shoe horn the newco into the 1st ,could the SFL Div 1 teams who appear to be almost unanimously against them being there not get together? Refusing to play them would result in fines and ultimately even expulsion but if they were all to agree to turn up every week, home and away, against the newco and basically just fanny around let them win, they would allow them back up - which is going to happen by hook or by crook (and mainly by crook) but make their promotion so pointless and hollow. TV coverage of the games would be somewhat pointless too. It will mean newco fans eventually don't turn up at home and away games and while other fans wouldn't attend their games would hurt the teams at home (twice over the season) it would hurt newco so much more.

I just can't believe what is happening. The cries from the newco of "let us start in the 3rd" is so hollow too. They hope they will take others down with them. Generous to a fault.

Not only that.

Comments along the lines of "No Rangers would bring about social unrest" are basically a dressed-up, roundabout way of saying "No Rangers would bring about social unrest because the majority of their fans can't be trusted to act as responsible citizens, and without Rangers and the reflected glory they bring to the social inadequates that make up the bulk of their support we would see scenes in Scotland similar to those of the Uefa Cup Final in Manchester a few years back"

Would Chelsea fans get the blame again? :lol:

I'm even more astonished that anyone actually believes that the SPL chairmen don't know exactly how this was going to end up.

I said it over a week ago and got pelters here - this has been on the cards for the past month. It's a total carve up - and YOUR board is also responsible.

I will say it again, but only Aberdeen and Hearts (and possibly Dun Utd and Hibs) boards are truly against Newco being updrafted to division 1. The rest are very dubious or just fucking lying through their teeth.

Do you really believe a decision of this magnitude would be left to the SFL?

Well, if that is the case, then the alternative is so dire our chairman had to take such a drastic step. Which is of course assuming they concocted this whole thing - which I do severely doubt. People say things with such conviction and suddenly they become true, where is the evidence any SPL board was complicit, never mind instrumental, in the construction of this plan.

I don't know what people expect to happen here anyway. Rangers down in the third, this somehow passed on as the fair solution despite the fact it blatantly breaks the rules in their favour, and everyone lives happily ever after with fans desperate to go and see the new integrity driven Scottish football. The fans are far too mobilised here, far too demanding and far too quick to make extreme threats.

Let's boycott sponsors, lets boycott clubs who vote against what we want or abstain. FFS you sound exactly like Rangers fans.

People hate Rangers, I fully understand that and am very much of that mindset myself. The reason them going into the SPL was untenebale was because it wasn't an adequate deterrent, but people are reveling in this far too much and don't fully appreciate the damage it could still do.

What do I think will happen? Third division is still the most likely scenario, but I've already stated I'm not greatly opposed to them going into the first. The financial figures are being exaggerated, there is no doubt about that, chairman are extenuating the negative because they don't want to lose anything - and the sum they will lose will still be fairly significant. Clubs like Kilmarnock and Hearts will be very vunerable but as for the least of us? Time will tell. Can't help but feel this entire scenario will bring far more mourning than laughter for everyone involved.

If I do stop going to the football because Rangers are put into the first it's not anything against MY club. It's just sick of the whole fucking league. The SPL carve up was a pile of w**k to start with. Look at the money St. Mirren wasted getting USH for one fucking year (and look at how much more it cost you by fucking up your drainage than it would have done to have a frosty pitch once or twice over the season) as they tried to make it a closed shop. There was always these little things that kept propping up. The Old Firm would whisper sweet nothings into the other SPL chairmen's ears: "Your team will get rich but ours will get richer.... f**k the rest of them" and the bigger diddy teams would happily get shafted as it kept them in their wee status quo and meant they got to shit on those below them.

Thing is you can almost accept that pish because that's been carried out by the chairmen of clubs. They're all obviously looking out for number one (no matter how short sighted it was). This is totally different. Now the very people who are supposed to be running our game, to keep it an even and balanced playing field, have decided "as long as it's not one of the big two". It's not me boycotting Morton. It's me boycotting a game that is so corrupt it's downright sickening.

And the best part is, for once, the chairmen aren't looking out for number one in the SFL. One season of Rangers in the 1st Division would go a long way to help Raith Rovers, Morton, Dunfermline, etc. financially but wouldn't help the teams in the 2nd or 3rd division much at all yet the chairmen of these clubs have held their heads up high and said it's not on. So the SPL fans don't want it. The SFL fans don't want it. The SFL clubs don't want it and the NewCo fans don't want it. Yet it's going to happen anyway? What's the point in going back? Really.

For morton aye rolleyes.gif.

sorry couldnae resist dying for a return to normal banter. Even though mines is pish

Appreciated. Ya twelve fingered, web toed freak.