Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

This will be the same Doncaster who came out and said that all 12 SPL clubs had agreed to a 10 team SPL league, only for each club to come out and deny anything of the sort. The same Doncaster who just last week said the SPL vote would likely be postponed and the same Doncaster who didn't see a distinction between oldco and newco. The same Doncaster who told Green that there was a good chance his club would get voted back into the SPL just a few days before the vote to keep them out.

I'm not saying that the clubs aren't behind the provocation/threats to the SFL clubs, but Doncaster has previous for going 'rogue' and telling the media/representatives of clubs untruths to try and better his own agenda. The pressure being placed on the SFL clubs and their board is ridiculous. It's coming from the SPL/SFA which makes it worse. It shouldn't be happening. At the same time though, it doesn't completely excuse some clubs caving to the pressure. If all the SFL clubs stand strong (as 13 have, if STV are to believed) then there really shouldn't be this issue. SPL2 is a non-starter this summer because of time constraints and financial distribution models.

I honestly don't understand clubs coming out and saying they'll vote yes. It's insane and they're clearly not looking at the weight of feeling in Scotland amongst supporters. I wouldn't be surprised if even 'Rangers' fans boycotted any clubs who vote them into division 1, they just don't want that to happen.

So not your chairmans fault, no pressure on him to come out and denounce what is being done in his name. Is he on the SPL Board?

Five Live. Ian McGarry (who he?) has just said Sky were paying £40 million a year to Scottish football 15-20 years ago. Really? He also suggested us diddy fans will ultimately miss games against Rangers next season.

Sticking to rimming the EPL, chief.

By jezzuz, I've already caused a stir by jokingly suggesting the only reason I ever bought a St Mirren season ticket was that it allowed me to see the mighty Glasgow Rangers.... so I'm not going there again.

I'll miss games against Rangers next season about as much as I'll miss Thatcher, when the old boot finally snuffs it.

My link

Sorry if that has been posted. 13-3 good guys.

Great article, worth a repost if so. The one I find really intriguing is:

Queen's Park

The club is yet to make public comment on the issue

Of all the clubs in all the leagues in all the world, you would have thought Queen's Park would have something to say

worth listening to about a club going bust through sheer excess.

I hope they speak up at the right moment.

Who keeps deleting their posts tonight?????????? :angry:

Makes it hard to find where you last were when 'get last unread post' doesn't work.

Anyhoo, sorry if this has been covered before, but how many clubs in the SFL are going to have directors outed as being oldcorpse shareholders before Friday?

@celticresearch now exposing directors of clubs who are voting yes to newco as oldcorpse shareholders. Porteous at Berwick, Thompson at Stenhousmuir.

Just for the sake of anyone who wasn't aware, the SFL vote on Friday may have three clauses, but it's only one vote. Clubs will not be asked to consider each part in isolation. So they either vote to let Sevco in, let Leishman, Regan and Co install them in SFL1, and allow Dun* to join the SPL, or they do none of these things. This is why the vote is fixed, and why the only moral option is to vote no and call the SFA's bluff.

Nah, you can't be serious - can you ?

That is totally fair enough - if my club does not vote "no" - if indeed there is a vote, or if SFL put them in SFL1 without any vote then I will be boycotting scottish football altogether. Out of interest - and I am honestly not trying to be an arse - given your chairmans behaviour at recent SPL vote, are you still going to attend Killie games? I can appreciate you still want to support your team but is there a feeling that by him abstaining they have lost a chunk of home support along with all the away support?

Now that's the 64,000 dollar question!

*prepares to be shot down in flames*

I, and a lot of Killie fans, want Johnston gone. How to replace him is the question, and that is, in my opinion, a domestic matter for the club and its fans. A bit cake-and-eat-it, tbf, given how outspoken a lot of us have been on here and other forums regarding the behaviour of other clubs/chairmen. I'm sure we'd all like to be left alone to deal with it, but accept we're in the spotlight for the wrong reasons at the minute.

As for attendance at TTOP - if newco5088gers are pandered to by the SFL on friday, the game is well and truly over. I can (just about) stomach them being allowed to apply on a fair basis with any other applicants to Div3, with a rider that New Club = NO HISTORY. If they want the history, they can come back and play when they've at least paid their football debts (i.e. never). In that case, I would continue to support Killie, while trying to throw my weight behind a campaign for regime change at RP.

If they get nodded back in(at any level) by the deceitful collusion and threats of those in charge of OUR game, then I'm out. End of. Off to Hillsborough/Elland Rd/Bootham Crescent.

Scottish football doesn't deserve to die. But the powers that be seem hellbent on ignoring what could be the last realistic chance for change. And for what? A future rigged to ensure the survival and flourishing of two institutions whose very characters are grounded in the kind of bigotry which should have been consigned to the history books decades ago. Well, if that's the best they can offer, let me correct that last statement. Scottish football DOES deserve to die, if the power in the game is to remain in the hands of those fixated with hatred of "the other".

Who keeps deleting their posts tonight?????????? :angry:

Makes it hard to find where you last were when 'get last unread post' doesn't work.

Anyhoo, sorry if this has been covered before, but how many clubs in the SFL are going to have directors outed as being oldcorpse shareholders before Friday?

@celticresearch now exposing directors of clubs who are voting yes to newco as oldcorpse shareholders. Porteous at Berwick, Thompson at Stenhousmuir.

Who said Berwick are voting Yes?? We have made no statement and majority shareholder (Trust) have had pollwhere by 93% of members want SFL 3 (and 70% of those think it should only be after a vote with other interested teams). Board meeting on Tuesday and I am lead to believe board agree SFL3 is correct avenue for any application. It had f@@@@@ better be - so I hope they don't know something I don't

Edited by marty_j

Great article, worth a repost if so. The one I find really intriguing is:

Of all the clubs in all the leagues in all the world, you would have thought Queen's Park would have something to say

worth listening to about a club going bust through sheer excess.

I hope they speak up at the right moment.

hmmm.....I was going to suggest we ALL buy a Queens Park Season ticket if they (and all the SFL Clubs) put Servco into Division 3.

50,000 ST's would give them a few bob to sign players to mount a challenge ?

Imagine Ra Peepal being beaten to the 3rd Division Championship by the Spiders ?! biggrin.gif

Five Live. Ian McGarry (who he?) has just said Sky were paying £40 million a year to Scottish football 15-20 years ago. Really? He also suggested us diddy fans will ultimately miss games against Rangers next season.

Sticking to rimming the EPL, chief.

I heard that. Stupid twat. If you have no interest in, or knowledge of, a subject you might be better keeping your opinions to yourself.

He also suggested that fans would have a rude awakening next season when they realised they had no games against Rangers to look forward to. :lol:

That will be their next idea to raise a "fighting" fund.

Bomber would blow half the "fighting fund" on getting his teeth fixed........question is before or after Shug Green's knocked them out ?ph34r.gif

I can feel a complete arse collapse by the SFL clubs coming on. Shame on you all if Sevco5088 to SFL1 goes through.

My condolences to Arbroath who will rightfully miss out on a place in the 1st Division next year.

If this happens I will make a point of going to 2 Arbroath games instead of Sevco away next year so they do not iss out on lost revenue.

I would encourage all fans to do the same.

Its a nice thought, but precedent (Stranraer with Gretna) says that the play off finalists will go up, which as said previously by another poster, is Airdrie. Some of our fans want to kick up a fuss up over this, but to be honest, I think Airdrie got it fair and square.

I see Alex Thomson is saying that a significant majority of the SFL board are pressing for Division 1 entry. I am sickened by this. Surely, those clubs with representatives on the SFL board should not be allowed to vote?

I am particularly hacked off cause two of the Angus clubs, Brechin and Arbroath, are represented there - and even more so when I see whose these representatives are mad.gif . Can any of the Brechin or Arbroath fans I have seen posting tell me if they have contacted the clubs to voice their dissent at Division 1 and if they have had any response?

We've posted on our forum, which our board read, and I (and several others) have emailed the club directly to express our opinion. No reply though, but I'm pretty confident that they are aware of fan feeling on the matter. I've made it clear to the board and on here that if Rangers go into division 1, I am done with Scottish football.

hmmm.....I was going to suggest we ALL buy a Queens Park Season ticket if they (and all the SFL Clubs) put Servco into Division 3.

Imagine Ra Peepal being beaten to the 3rd Division Championship by the Spiders ?! biggrin.gif

As far as I know, it's written into the constitution of the club that they don't pay any players wages, only expenses:

Queen's Park - history

"Tonight at half past eight o'clock a number of gentlemen met at No. 3 Eglinton Terrace for the purpose of forming a football club". These words, taken from the minutes of a meeting held on July 9th 1867, heralded not only the birth of Queens Park F.C., but also the birth of Scottish Football itself. The game had been played in public schools with their own versions of the code but it was Queens Park who led the way in the establishment of Association Football rules in Scotland.

They were considered the masters of the game in the early days and did not concede a single goal for the first eight years of its existence. The club is steeped in tradition and history. At its outset it was decided that no player should ever receive a wage playing for Queens Park. To this day the rule holds and Queens Park's amateur status makes it quite unique in Scottish senior football.

The club also resisted the Scottish Football League in its early days, fearing the domination of the League would kill off smaller clubs. They even played in the English FA Cup, finishing runners-up to Blackburn Rovers in 1884 and 1885. In 1900 they finally joined the Scottish League for fear of falling behind. Although it is an amateur club now playing in the lower divisions of the Scottish Football League, Queen's Park still play at the magnificent 52,500 capacity Hampden Park.

The club's motto is ludere causa ludendi "the game, for the game's sake."

QP are an amateur club, they dont pay their players, the get expenses only.

Well, If you're willing to give up the time and energy to collate all the information linked to in this thread, make some sort of sense of it, set it all down in a legible, readable and informative way, pay for hosting the P&B exclusive edition, and pay for the flowers and chocolate necessary to keep Mrs WRK sweet, I don't see why not.....

So what's Mrs. WRK's address again ?......................................... :wub:

Now that's the 64,000 dollar question!

*prepares to be shot down in flames*

I, and a lot of Killie fans, want Johnston gone. How to replace him is the question, and that is, in my opinion, a domestic matter for the club and its fans. A bit cake-and-eat-it, tbf, given how outspoken a lot of us have been on here and other forums regarding the behaviour of other clubs/chairmen. I'm sure we'd all like to be left alone to deal with it, but accept we're in the spotlight for the wrong reasons at the minute.

As for attendance at TTOP - if newco5088gers are pandered to by the SFL on friday, the game is well and truly over. I can (just about) stomach them being allowed to apply on a fair basis with any other applicants to Div3, with a rider that New Club = NO HISTORY. If they want the history, they can come back and play when they've at least paid their football debts (i.e. never). In that case, I would continue to support Killie, while trying to throw my weight behind a campaign for regime change at RP.

If they get nodded back in(at any level) by the deceitful collusion and threats of those in charge of OUR game, then I'm out. End of. Off to Hillsborough/Elland Rd/Bootham Crescent.

Scottish football doesn't deserve to die. But the powers that be seem hellbent on ignoring what could be the last realistic chance for change. And for what? A future rigged to ensure the survival and flourishing of two institutions whose very characters are grounded in the kind of bigotry which should have been consigned to the history books decades ago. Well, if that's the best they can offer, let me correct that last statement. Scottish football DOES deserve to die, if the power in the game is to remain in the hands of those fixated with hatred of "the other".

Cheers for that mate - Darlo 1883 for me ironically

Why would gate money make a difference to Queens Park?