Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Vindication! Quite a few pages ago I stated that the Guardian was probably the best newspaper on the news stands and this article has to go down as one of the best in the printed media so far, not just for the fact p&b got a name check! :

Oh, and no apologies from me for re-posting this. Some people don't read every page!

Who doesn't read every page? :angry:

Vindication! Quite a few pages ago I stated that the Guardian was probably the best newspaper on the news stands and this article has to go down as one of the best in the printed media so far, not just for the fact p&b got a name check! :

Oh, and no apologies from me for re-posting this. Some people don't read every page!

Not just a mention, a nice juicy link as well.

I think all the clubs received 'assurances' that Rangers would be voted in to division 1 by the SFL, probably from Regan and Doncaster. That would certainly explain the blind panic of Gilmour and Cameron (who then went away, spoke to sponsors/backers and realised they still had their support and swiftly made a u-turn on his statement).

You're right though - it is just blatant desparation. There's no realistic way that Rangers will be in the SPL next season, although the season after (with the correct 'reconstruction') is a different matter all together.

I get the feeling we could be in for more scraps during this season.

We would all like sensible reconstruction.

My view is that Sevco will not survive to see it.

Unless something really big happens, like an Arab sheik buys them.:lol:

Apologies if already posted!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/jul/16/rangers-lowest-league-victory-fans

But this is about more than exposing bad business. The model of endless growth has been challenged. The consequences of consigning Sevco Scotland to start where any new club would start may well mean drastic cuts in Scottish football. Some clubs may have to close or downsize. This is no bad thing. We know we have too many clubs in this country. Endlessly chasing an utterly unsustainable model is failed economics.

This bit of the article is utter garbage.

We may well have, say, too many full-time clubs.

But the idea that we have "too many clubs" is farcical, and only surpassed in farcical-ness by ideas like Fife Utds etc.

It would be nice if Steve Brown could give the Saints supporters a bit more clarity on this issue. He is set to leave the SPL board, deciding not to stand for re-election again, but how this can be interpreted is anyone's guess.

Steve indicated he would leave the Board and not seek re-election many weeks ago after he received intimidating email from 'anonymous' at the point of the first vote on SPL membership for the newco. He argued and won the principle that it was a decision that should be taken by all share-holding clubs. He has been fairly disenchanted by the whole SPL affair and the way that smaller clubs have beenpressurised and so delegated Dircetor Stan Harris to vote at the last crucial meeting. SJFC have been consistently a 'no vote' throughout and although communication to fans has not always been perfect,it has been principled.

That's an excellent article in the Sun :o, as good as anything the red tops have produced. I notice it's not even a sport's journalist who came up with it! Shock.

It's a rewrite of Alex Thomson's blog from 48 hours ago. The MSM keeping up their usual standards i.e. late and plagiarised.

We may well have, say, too many full-time clubs.

Not by much, if the rather tired "tenth of England" proportion is taken. There are presently only 19 full-time teams in Scotland (20 if Sevco actually end up with a team). The Premier League and Football League are both fully full-time and the Conference National is almost all full-time. That's 116. If the recession drags on much longer (and it will, because of the fucking Tories) SFL1 will be all part-time soon enough.

Edited by Thumper

But the idea that we have "too many clubs" is farcical, and only surpassed in farcical-ness by ideas like Fife Utds etc.

Spot on. If I was a fan of Cowden or East Fife I'd not go to any games involved a merged club with either the Pars or Rovers. We're all distinctly different and usually the derbies provide solid attendances.

Glen gibbons he was one of the few journos who took mccoist to task for the sfa tribunal rant. Whilst we are all rightly unhappy at individual journos and 'columnists' sports editors are the guys who decide the agenda and slant the paper will take on a commercial basis and these anonymous gits should be taken to task too. BBC kind of got some accuracy eventually but for the most part they have been a disgrace as they unlike red tops do not have a commercial agenda so have an obligation to chase the truth. They should be ashamed that it took a commercial TV journo to do their job for them. Major reform required by BBC. I feel

The currants think the BBC is a papal conspiracy.:blink: