Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I wonder who'll be left in SPL 1 when we get back to where we belong? Dunfermline away, Hearts almost certain to follow and the rumour mill keeps muttering darkly about others close to the edge.

Also, nice to hear the Killie owner confirming on STV just how wrong the SPL clubs got it when voting on Rangers last summer. And how shocked the same clubs were when the SFL sent us to Div 3.

:)

Ah Bendarroch. Good to have you back posting antagonistic claptrap - I actually mean it mate.

Aberdeen Bud has picked you apart more skilfully than I could, but I actually agree with you on taking a particular delight in SPL clubs lamenting the decision of SFL clubs to consign Rangers to the 3rd, rather than the 1st.

It was a shameful twist last year that after rejecting Rangers themselves, the SPL then tried to bully SFL clubs into ensuring Rangers' exile only lasted a year. I remain delighted that such tactics failed, yet ashamed of my own club's stance.

Let's be mature however and not pretend that Hearts' or Dunfermline's problems have anything to do with what happened to Rangers, anything at all.

Aberdeen would worry if the gates were down.

The sheep would get out.

Mt, I posted the respective share price graphs a couple of days ago.

Without "them" , the value of Celtic has gone up up up.

Without us, the new club has nosedived.

With an unlikely run in Europe, Celtic's share price has gone up.

Yep.

And why ? Long term investors won't look at next season. Long. Term.

Plus, the wurld rekord 3rd division club (nearest comparison on crowd size) , was valued 50% more than Celtic lol.

A team with players who could be sold for more than a cup o piss.

Either we were undervalued , or they were vastly vastly overvalued.

I don't think there is an in-between. But it is both.

Yep.

And why ? Long term investors won't look at next season. Long. Term.

Plus, the wurld rekord 3rd division club (nearest comparison on crowd size) , was valued 50% more than Celtic lol.

A team with players who could be sold for more than a cup o piss.

Either we were undervalued , or they were vastly vastly overvalued.

I don't think there is an in-between. But it is both.

Share prices are not my concern.

That's never been why I took an interest in the game of football.

Well DUHHHH ! but it will most definitely aid your club fielding players before they are properly registered won't it ?.

Most likely your club will field more trialists than the rest of the SFL leagues put together.

There's no pulling the wool over your eyes, is there?

Not entirely true there Tedi but this bending of the rules will in fact most definitely help Rangers field their new players before they are allowed to properly register them.

Edit to add Tedi ! will those new signings be actually allowed to be fielded as trialists if they have signed a contract with the club but haven't yet been registered with the SFA ? :huh: can they be used as trialists if they are contracted to the club before being registered ?.

The contratcs won't come into effect until the 1st of september, so yes they can play...

Only 28% down? Seriously, is that all?

I'm not being funny - that's fantastic. Take away one of the massive clubs altogether and slash the gates of the other one through grief, yet still keep over 70% of your fans. Staggeringly brilliant effort by the others I'd say.

I think "astonishingly brilliant" is maybe the phrase your searching for. This is how Scottish football's worst loser described his team after they got humped.

Share prices are not my concern. That's never been why I took an interest in the game of football.

Nor I , but it is a fair indication Celtic don't need the bloo poond.

Nor I , but it is a fair indication Celtic don't need the bloo poond.

In the modern game, with Europe carved up in a way that ensures you can make obscene sums, while never actually threatening those from big TV markets, you're partly right.

However, many years of only one Scottish giant, as opposed to two would see some shrinkage back towards the pack and that dominance threatened.

Celtic only reached their position of strength due to the presence of Rangers - an arms race, if you will. Were Rangers properly removed, it might take a generation or two, but that position would diminish massively.

O'Neil after we beat them at Ibrox

Ah ok. No it wouldn't be like that Kincardine.

O'Neill was employing characteristically excitable hyperbole to describe a failure.

I'm carefully choosing words that can convey how impressive gates in our small country can consistently be, even when lots of fans are removed at one fell swoop.

I honestly don't know who you're referring to. Is it Lennon?

Nah it was O'Neill. He brought his bunch of thugs and hammer-throwers to Ibrox in 2002 and they got gubbed after going a goal up in 19ish seconds.

His comment afterwards was, "We were astonishingly brilliant".

He was using hyperbole to try and take the sting off the fact that his team were inadequate.

I am happy to apply the same logic to your declaration aboutThe SPL.

Edited by The_Kincardine

I much preferred the 6-2 game when we thugged and hammer threw our way to an astonishingly brilliant victory.

Same group of thugs and hammer throwers too, give or take.

You're not factoring in The Managerial Ginger-Powerhouse that was Sir Eck of Freckle; A man who certainly has the speccy hyperbolic track-suited one's number.

You're not factoring in The Managerial Ginger-Powerhouse that was Sir Eck of Freckle; A man who certainly has the speccy hyperbolic track-suited one's number.

:lol:

Unlike Sir Richard of Warnicks ;)