Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

If we are going back to the glory days of Sevco fans demanding a boycott, maybe they also need to get Jardine oot his sick bed to rally the troops and march to Snake Mountain and where's Watty ?.

Edited by G-MAN

King's idea to drip feed cash to the club rather than give them the ST money up front would essentially bankrupt them before the summer's out. They NEED that cash in April/May to keep the ship afloat IMO.

Presumably, he's banking on that forcing a scenario where he picks up the club for peanuts, either through an admin event or a share issue or even just the current BOD coming to him cap in hand

King's idea to drip feed cash to the club rather than give them the ST money up front would essentially bankrupt them before the summer's out. They NEED that cash in April/May to keep the ship afloat IMO.

Which would seem to be Dave King's intention - I imagine that a club in administration would be cheaper to buy into than one that's just barely ticking over.

Funny that he's not saying this directly. If anything, it sounds like he wants to con Rangers fans into bankrupting the club again, so that he can save a few million. Assuming he has any intention of buying in, that is.

The big question is though, if Kings approach is to buy them from admin, exactly what will he be buying? We know at least 2 of the clubs assets are secured against debt. What about the rest?

King is playing a clever hand, in my opinion. On one side you have the current CEO talking about financial prudence and 120 day reviews of the finances and publicly, having, to admit to "borrowing" money mid-season. On the other side, you have a guy with pots of cash talking about fan ownership and a return to the good old days.

I know which one the Rangers fans should bet on, but I also know which, the majority, will actually back

The current CEO is a yes man, getting his strings worked from behind, talk of prudence is a bit cheap considering the millions they have already squandered. A £1m loan with a 15%fee and 15% apr (?) is probably worse than wonga rates.

There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to compete with celtic, a celtic who are already themselves downsizing without breaking the bank.

This couldn't be the same DK that got 18million off of Rangers shortly after laundering investing this 20 million could it? Shome mishtake shurely.

Never knew that, you got one of those linky thingys to this mate? Might be an interesting read..

Let's not forget The SFA a while back......

"During a breakfast briefing with daily newspaper correspondents, it also emerged that Rangers director Dave King will not be permitted by the SFA to be an official at the Ibrox club post-administration as he was still serving on the board when they entered their current insolvency event under Whyte."

To be quite honest, I think what Dave King is suggesting, will accelerate any sale and leaseback arrangement for the remaining assets.

If there is a further funding gap and slow season ticket sales make that gap wider, then shareholders of TRIFC Plc would be mad not to protect their position (IMHO).

Yours

aDONis

FFS that has been posted several times on here Bennett .,.. It was revealed in his South African tax case that he received monies back.

I can't say that i've read that before, someone will have a link for it as google doesn't seem to have heard about it either.

To be quite honest, I think what Dave King is suggesting, will accelerate any sale and leaseback arrangement for the remaining assets.

If there is a further funding gap and slow season ticket sales make that gap wider, then shareholders of TRIFC Plc would be mad not to protect their position (IMHO).

Yours

aDONis

Keep giving them money then they'll keep on taking it --- simples.

They should have been starved of cash last season.

Aofjays will provide, he's not the type to make something up like that.

I have faith in him.

Your google-fu is weak old man.

http://www.bdlive.co.za/articles/2008/11/11/king-s-tax-assessment-valid---sars;jsessionid=2A37EE4240C538D120BEDE7A8F306FE8.present1.bdfm

ETA this is only about 12million at current exchange rate but definitely considerably more than "losing it all". It's almost like he thinks rangers fans are clueless idiots that will believe any old rubbish as long as he uses the right sound-bites. How on earth could he have got that impression do you think?

Edited by aofjays