Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I am sure the SFA said the oldco was still in administration by the time sevco became the new owners and operators :)

Yet the CAS say that changing a club's legal entity constitutes a break in membership from the club's UEFA member association.

I am sure that SFA articles state that the rulings of the CAS are final.

If Rangers are the same members as the Rangers who operated prior to July 2012 then why do they fall foul of the UEFA club licencing rules which state that in order for a club to gain a licence they must have held membership of their home association for three consecutive years?

I am sure the SFA said the oldco was still in administration by the time sevco became the new owners and operators :)

That sounds a lot like rubbish made up to placate idiots. If that's true (and not just made up pish) can you advise which SPL member club voted to grant sevco SPL membership?

So if rangers are the same club and got punted to division 3 cause they changed companies does that mean that every time a club changes companies(bought over) that have to reapply for the membership of the old company(oldco). If so do they also have to start in the bottom league. That's madness

Can you point me in the direction of the CAS ruling that mention Rangers.

That is Rangers not some other club from an association with different rules.

If there is not one, can you point me in the direction of a case being raised with CAS about Rangers by anyone, anywhere?

The CAS ruled on UEFA rules, the SFA is bound by UEFA rules, the CAS interpretation of the UEFA club licencing rules means that any clubs changing their legal form to dump debts are deemed to have a broken membership of their UEFA member association. I am not saying this proves they are a different club, just that using the transfer of membership as evidence of continuation is flawed. UEFA may or may not view Rangers as Rangers but you have only been a member of the SFA since 2012.