Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Easy target for sectarian scumbags, which is exactly what these fans of other clubs who do this are, there is no excuse.

My point is bigotry like this wouldn't be so widespread in Scotland if we didn't have two such obvious beacons to one side and the other.

Becasue they are not very clean :rolleyes:

Sectarianism is hardly as big an issue as some on here would have you believe, most people get on fine together.

True dat. It's a shame that certain societies have been conditioned to change their mindset at something so innocuous as the colour of a football shirt.

can you cite some sources for your bizzare claim the peak in memberships took place due to a football riot. which btw rangers and celtic fans were involved in clashes much more frequently back then throughout glasgow on old firm day so I am told , it just so happened this one took place on the pitch in full view of camera's. where was the huge upsurge after every altercation between rangers and celtic fans outside ibrox, parkehad or hampden in the 70's and 80's.

I never claimed anything. It's just that the timeline of Scotland's worst ever case of hooliganism would seem to coincide. If youngsy can tie in spurious events to the upsurge why can't I?

My point is bigotry like this wouldn't be so widespread in Scotland if we didn't have two such obvious beacons to one side and the other.

so as a rangers and celtic fan you are fair game for a bit of secterian abuse ? notice how you have not gave us your opinion on the leith local in question and his bigoted views ? is this all hibs fault , would this have never happened had hibs never been formed ?

By all reports, the vast majority of Rangers fans seem intent on voting no at the Indy Ref. It is the only club in the Country to have such an overwhelming support for no. Now generally, when an exceptionally large portion of a particular - non political - group in society are shown to share a particular political view, it can be assumed that they see the converse view as being damaging/threatening to the well being/existence of the group.

Let's take the shipyard workers for example, they are being encouraged to vote no in this ref by their Union leaders, who in turn have been convinced by the Labour Party - in representation of the Better Together campaign - that a Yes vote will be damaging to the industry and therefor their livelihoods.

Can anyone explain what unites such a large economically and socially diverse group (Rangers support) in feeling fear and under threat from their home Nation's independence?

so as a rangers and celtic fan you are fair game for a bit of secterian abuse ? notice how you have not gave us your opinion on the leith local in question and his bigoted views ? is this all hibs fault , would this have never happened had hibs never been formed ?

Nope I never said that. You are more likely to receive abuse though because of your perceived views/background/whatever.

Widespread bigotry like what the wee lad from Leith said to you simply wouldn't be a problem if their weren't two such obvious beacons like Rangers and Celtic.

I do not share this view at all.

Singing about being up to your knees in someone's blood is simply not acceptable in any format these days, in fact it never really was.

I didn't say it was acceptable, just not sectarian.

By all reports, the vast majority of Rangers fans seem intent on voting no at the Indy Ref. It is the only club in the Country to have such an overwhelming support for no. Now generally, when an exceptionally large portion of a particular - non political - group in society are shown to share a particular political view, it can be assumed that they see the converse view as being damaging/threatening to the well being/existence of the group.

Let's take the shipyard workers for example, they are being encouraged to vote no in this ref by their Union leaders, who in turn have been convinced by the Labour Party - in representation of the Better Together campaign - that a Yes vote will be damaging to the industry and therefor their livelihoods.

Can anyone explain what unites such a large economically and socially diverse group (Rangers support) in feeling fear and under threat from their home Nation's independence?

They wouldn't be able to continue to call celtic a foreign club while waving their union flags, this is serious business.

independence forum for this pish.

Hopefully the armed forces will always be welcome at Ibrox, I have no issue with this.

But the singing about Bobby Sands was that fine? Do you have an issue with these people not being thrown out and told never to come back or are you happy with the way you embarrassed yourselves that day and the very people your were supposed to be honouring?

Or were they all chelsea fans?

vs Hibs, just gets better and better.

Comes complete with Orange bassas on the 2 min mark :)

Well again we will have to agree to differ, singing about such things which gratify violence is not really acceptable in my eyes, they maybe acceptable to you, guess we are just different.

Oh Tedi. :(

But the singing about Bobby Sands was that fine? Do you have an issue with these people not being thrown out and told never to come back or are you happy with the way you embarrassed yourselves that day and the very people your were supposed to be honouring?

Or were they all chelsea fans?

To be fair Bobby Sands made a choice worthy of a Darwin award. That priest with the heliuim balloons and deck chair from South America deserves a song too and the biker from the US who died from head injuries on the way to protest his human right to ride without a helmet.

By all reports the majority of the Scottish population seem intent on voting no, it is called democracy in action.

I am a Rangers fan and have still not decided yet, my eventual decision will have absolutely nothing to do with football or a football team.

That didn't answer the question. I am glad to see that you are taking time to deliberate over what is indeed an important decision and commend you for it but my point is, that some common denominator appears to exist in your fans group that is pulling people from all social levels, to take one side of a particular debate. What can it be?

ETA:- Answer welcome from any Rangers fan, not specifically aimed at Tedi.

Edited by Taza

That didn't answer the question. I am glad to see that you are taking time to deliberate over what is indeed an important decision and commend you for it but my point is, that some common denominator appears to exist in your fans group that is pulling people from all social levels, to take one side of a particular debate. What can it be?

I am reading this in a deep native american voice in my head :lol: